I would be interested in a Winged Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid Skyscale Mount skin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"kharmin.7683" said:Ok, so maybe the OP was someone who knew that this was going to be released and tried to gin up interest by posting on the forums. Then, we got ... whatever that thing is.

Or, it's another example of needing to be careful what you wish for.

i hope ppl heard me now when i post against "water themed expansion", housing and another foruns "unicorns".

I find it interesting that the tank-raptor and that mess of a "demon" bunny are considered cool and totally acceptable and this is what people object to.

20 years ago that would have been me too. I wouldn't have dared express the slightest interest in anything "cute" or silly but the more creepy and disturbing you could make it the better. I'm not actually sure when I stopped caring and settled on just liking 'weird' things of all stripes, I don't think I really noticed until GW2 came out and I realised I absolutely would use a bow which shoots unicorns because it's so rediculous.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I find it interesting that the tank-raptor and that mess of a "demon" bunny are considered cool and totally acceptable and this is what people object to.

20 years ago that would have been me too. I wouldn't have dared express the slightest interest in anything "cute" or silly but the more creepy and disturbing you could make it the better. I'm not actually sure when I stopped caring and settled on just liking 'weird' things of all stripes, I don't think I really noticed until GW2 came out and I realised I absolutely would use a bow which shoots unicorns because it's so rediculous.

I actually like both. Didn't end up getting the armoured raptor because I had so many other skins I already liked, but it did have a good Iron Legion theme going.This winged unicorn chimaera needs a facelift and a less airborne tail but aside from that I actually like it.

@"Danikat.8537" said:I find it interesting that the tank-raptor and that mess of a "demon" bunny are considered cool and totally acceptable and this is what people object to.

"Cute" is fine. "Silly" is fine. "Ridiculous" is fine (I have 2x Dreamers and love my Rainbow Unicorn finisher). This is just hideous.

So you are the one to blame... jkI just feel bad for whoever designed and modeled this. So many poor choices resulting in this uncanny valley frankenstein.There have been plenty of mount skins that havent been my personal taste but at least for the 2000 gem skins there has been a lot of care put into the animations, design, texture, etc.That something like this could be approved and released makes me concerned about future content quality control.

@eyestrain.3056 said:So you are the one to blame... jkI just feel bad for whoever designed and modeled this. So many poor choices resulting in this uncanny valley frankenstein.There have been plenty of mount skins that havent been my personal taste but at least for the 2000 gem skins there has been a lot of care put into the animations, design, texture, etc.That something like this could be approved and released makes me concerned about future content quality control.

Agreed. It's atrocious. :|

People complained about both of those mounts as well, but not anywhere near this scale because...they werent nearly as terrible. This one is just bad. Not even bad, its just hideous. Not in a quirky way, not in an "omg it looks too dark and evil" way...its just plain fugly. I know some people will defend to the death ANYTHING anet does or puts out, and I understand maybe some people like it for some reason, and to each their own. But no...to most of us, seeing this brings the reaction of "oh my lord what the heck is that, what have they done, kill it with fire".

Its atrocious, and NOT in any kind of quirky way.

@Rio.4259 said:

People complained about both of those mounts as well, but not anywhere near this scale because...they werent nearly as terrible. This one is just bad. Not even bad, its just hideous. Not in a quirky way, not in an "omg it looks too dark and evil" way...its just plain fugly. I know some people will defend to the death ANYTHING anet does or puts out, and I understand maybe some people like it for some reason, and to each their own. But no...to most of us, seeing this brings the reaction of "oh my lord what the heck is that, what have they done, kill it with fire".

Its atrocious, and NOT in any kind of quirky way.

You obviously don’t appreciate the awesome sense of humor Anet has lol

@eyestrain.3056 said:So you are the one to blame... jkI just feel bad for whoever designed and modeled this. So many poor choices resulting in this uncanny valley frankenstein.There have been plenty of mount skins that havent been my personal taste but at least for the 2000 gem skins there has been a lot of care put into the animations, design, texture, etc.That something like this could be approved and released makes me concerned about future content quality control.

Some of you are way too serious and lack funny bones... It was a joke mount, and one that you aren’t forced to buy lol

@nxsage.6578 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:You obviously don’t appreciate the awesome sense of humor Anet has lol

Some of you are way too serious and lack funny bones... It was a joke mount, and one that you aren’t forced to buy lol

ehh what sense of humor

@Rio.4259 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:Some of you are way too serious and lack funny bones... It was a joke mount, and one that you aren’t forced to buy lol

Where did they state it is a joke mount?

Are you peeps not paying attention to the OPs request from back in Nov???

"Next I would like a Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid for a Skyscale Mount skin."

So some dev(s) must have seen this thread and thought it would be fun to make something like it. The devs are allowed to be silly and goofy. And its not like anyone is forced to buy it... Geez...

@"Swagger.1459" said:Are you peeps not paying attention to the OPs request from back in Nov???

So some dev(s) must have seen this thread and thought it would be fun to make something like it. The devs are allowed to be silly and goofy. And its not like anyone is forced to buy it... Geez...

Nobody is happy it exists either, even the mount doesn't seem happy with its existence. When OP made the post I'm sure he didn't have something so horrendous in mind.

@nxsage.6578 said:

@"Swagger.1459" said:Are you peeps not paying attention to the OPs request from back in Nov???

Nobody is happy it exists either, even the mount doesn't seem happy with its existence. When OP made the post I'm sure he didn't have something so horrendous in mind.

I am totally happy it exists, will so be buying this thing as soon as I get on tonight.