Masters Of The Arena Teaser!

Awesumness.1823

Surprise - I'm back!

PvE has had enough attention for a while so now I've come out of retirement to bring eSports back to it's former glory with the Masters Of The Arena global 5v5 conquest tournament. MOTA is coming this June with the qualifying period starting in March!

Just like my previous event The Elitist Raiding Party, MOTA will be a feast for the eyes of players both experienced in the game mode and not. It's also going to be setting a standard for clean, sportsmanlike competitive play! A bonus meme is that it features no illegal third party shenanigans because we already have a PvP spectate mode meaning that MOTA should be able to get an official ArenaNet endorsement! (Nothing is 100% certain though - just 99%!)

The tournament is fully open and any team can qualify by playing in the in game Monthly Automated Tournaments, so get your team together and get to work! No team who qualifies will be leaving empty handed and will be sure to go down in history as the very best of the best.

Once again the community is coming together through matcherino.com/t/mota to crowdfund the effort and we're looking to demolish the ERP's record breaking $5000 and 300000 gold prize pool! Powered by the legendary GuildMM we can't possibly fail. To learn how to get involved on matcherino

Read all about it on the matcherino page or take a close look at the rules.
I'm streaming right now as of this comment so if you have any questions feel free to hop on and ask me anything!

Remind me to not leak anything ahead of time because I have got some surprises for you that you simply wouldn't believe even if I told you and I'm very excited to show you all what I have in store!

Events like this are my passion and I can't wait to bring the Guild Wars 2 community together in celebrating some truly epic gaming!

Thanks for reading, I'll see you there.

P.S. This isn't even the REAL TRAILER! If all goes to plan there should be another very special one released a bit before the main event!MightyTeapot

@bluri.2653 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I wonder how the major balance patch in Feb? is going to affect all these.I’m hoping it’ll allow us to see at least one necro playing in the finals.

Necro was meta pretty much whole pof until the scourge nerf. Im glad we see something else tbh

firebrands were the same but they still look pretty healthy

Not trying to sound snarky but why is this exciting? I don't really get it. It's some player running a tournament? It's probably going to have the same old top players as always who already have of ton of gold getting a ton more. How is this different than an AT other than it has a larger reward? Not to be a debby downer but being overenthusiastic about something doesn't make it exciting...

@Zexanima.7851 said:Not trying to sound snarky but why is this exciting? I don't really get it. It's some player running a tournament? It's probably going to have the same old top players as always who already have of ton of gold getting a ton more. How is this different than an AT other than it has a larger reward? Not to be a debby downer but being overenthusiastic about something doesn't make it exciting...

Nobody is forcing you not to join.

Also, it's cross servers (NA vs EU is already exciting)

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:Not trying to sound snarky but why is this exciting? I don't really get it. It's some player running a tournament? It's probably going to have the same old top players as always who already have of ton of gold getting a ton more. How is this different than an AT other than it has a larger reward? Not to be a debby downer but being overenthusiastic about something doesn't make it exciting...

I'm not saying they are. I just don't understand the excitement. This doesn't really have any substance to it. It's just going to be like a big AT. It'll be the same old players playing the same old thing you can watch them stream every day. Sure there is a balance patch but what does it matter? I just don't understand the hype. I guess I'm just too jaded about pvp now. :\

@"Zexanima.7851" said:It's just going to be like a big AT.The keyword is "big".

It'll be the same old players playing the same old thing you can watch them stream every day.You can say the same thing for every game.

But this is where this conversation ends, at least on my side. Personally I am pretty excited.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

I'm not saying they are. I just don't understand the excitement. This doesn't really have any substance to it. It's just going to be like a big AT. It'll be the same old players playing the same old thing you can watch them stream every day. Sure there is a balance patch but what does it matter? I just don't understand the hype. I guess I'm just too jaded about pvp now. :\

there is monetary value, and when there is monetary value people will start trying.I get 80% winrate on autopilot while I play league.but when clash appeared ( mini 5v5 tournament with bracket ) I actually tried to win and coordinate with team. its fun.From what I watched streams of mAT, dont wanna be rud and all. But all those that participate dont really even try all that much.Maybe they will try now with such event and give us plebs something entertaining to watch for once.

Part of the excitement stems from the fact that Anet does absolutely nothing as far as community events, hype, or really anything to motivate people to actually play the game beside release terrible updates with minimal content once a quarter, so an event like this with incentives is kind of cool.

• 1 month later...

For real PvP fans thats definetely more than a mAT, its more like a "substitute-worldchampionship", a taste of good old times.Also to mention that "mighty teapot" and Roy are doing a really good job as commentators. Does anybody know if Jebro is still commentating matches ?Anyway I m looking foreward to watch that tournament. Hyped too =)

• 1 month later...