Never Ending Cinematics and Story-Telling — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Never Ending Cinematics and Story-Telling

Feritzz.6234Feritzz.6234 Member
edited January 28, 2020 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I have been playing Guild Wars 2 since 3 months yet. I played Wow for 15 years, and tried so many other games alike.
But I have to be honest about that the story going on in GW2 is boring like hell. There is no way to just skip it, since I created 4 characters and I had to deal with the same never ending circle each time again and again. I am about to die coz of boredom of this dreadful circle !
I am about to quit the game just because of this reason which gives me a unbearable headache .
Please alternate a way for players to skip this part somehow. At least once it has been succeed with one mail character.

Comments

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What part of the story? Personal Story? Expansions? Living World?

  • Actually all of it.

  • You'll be beaten severely soon for that remark on story heh.
    Though I completely agree that GW2 story is very mediocre, both in terms of plot and in terms of presentation, but wait, are you trying to assume WoW has a better story, or something? Because it's garbage there as well (they just have bigger budget for CG). It's just so called "heroic fantasy" that is a problem - it's always bland and shallow, no matter what title it is. I really would like GW2 to be a dark fantasy title, like Witcher series. Would be much more fun this way.

  • Feritzz.6234Feritzz.6234 Member
    edited January 28, 2020

    Just to clarify the misunderstanding, Wow has no story at all, specially after WOTLK expansion according to GW2.
    But what I meant to say is that once you achived a step in any mode of any story or expansion, you do not have to do it with your alt chars again and again and again from point zero. I just wanna jump into action right away but I cant.
    Im sure that some RP players would like it this way. But it must be optional not mandatory.

  • Doing any part of the story is optional, except doing it once to enter some maps (Living World/first part of expansion stories). Any alternate characters can use Portal Scrolls, Teleport to Friends, etc.

    Also, the Personal Story is different for the different races up to the L30 arc, I believe.

    Still, you can skip all of the Core Story and just do 1st Chapter on others.

  • Good thing you don't have to do any part of the story with your alt-characters, you can jump into the action right away. You can even directly skip to expansion content bypassing any story steps.

    how come?

  • maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Feritzz.6234 said:

    Good thing you don't have to do any part of the story with your alt-characters, you can jump into the action right away. You can even directly skip to expansion content bypassing any story steps.

    how come?

    The story is entirely optional the only part that is more tricky to skip is the tutorial. When you start the game click on the PVP or WVW icon at the top of your screen, use that to teleport there so you can skip the tutorial instance completely. If you are in a guild you can port to the guild hall too. Now simply press return to Tyria and you never follow the story again. You need at least one character of high enough level that has unlocked PVP/WVW for this to "work". Although I'm not sure why you find the tutorials so bad, they don't take so long to finish.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The story is already optional for alts. You can walk into most unlocked maps, or use teleport scrolls bought by your main for living world ones.

    If the story can be done in any order you like by selecting the chapter from the story journal.

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @maddoctor.2738 said:

    @Feritzz.6234 said:

    Good thing you don't have to do any part of the story with your alt-characters, you can jump into the action right away. You can even directly skip to expansion content bypassing any story steps.

    how come?

    The story is entirely optional the only part that is more tricky to skip is the tutorial. When you start the game click on the PVP or WVW icon at the top of your screen, use that to teleport there so you can skip the tutorial instance completely. If you are in a guild you can port to the guild hall too. Now simply press return to Tyria and you never follow the story again. You need at least one character of high enough level that has unlocked PVP/WVW for this to "work". Although I'm not sure why you find the tutorials so bad, they don't take so long to finish.

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    The story is already optional for alts. You can walk into most unlocked maps, or use teleport scrolls bought by your main for living world ones.

    If the story can be done in any order you like by selecting the chapter from the story journal.

    @Feritzz.6234 said:

    Good thing you don't have to do any part of the story with your alt-characters, you can jump into the action right away. You can even directly skip to expansion content bypassing any story steps.

    how come?

    mind blown
    /thread.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If you don't want to do the story at all you just...don't. You will still see the green text letting you know what the next story step is and the green star marker showing where to go but you can simply ignore it and do whatever you want to be doing instead.

    If you want to skip the personal story (which goes from level 10-80) but do want to do an expansion story or a living world story you can select the one you want to do using the Story Journal in the Hero panel. Your character must be level 80 to do anything except the personal story, and you have to have the one you want to play unlocked on your account (e.g. if you want to do Season 2 you'll have to buy it first). You also can't skip to a specific part of an individual storyline the first time you do it, you have to play it in order, but only within that storyline. And of course you can stop playing it at any point you like.

    For example lots of people will buy a new account, use the level 80 boost and immediately do the first step of the Path of Fire story, without doing any other story first, to unlock the raptor mount. Then they'll stop doing any story at all and do map completion in core Tyria using the raptor to help, or go to Heart of Thorns to do the meta-events, or whatever else.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "If someone really cared, well they'd take the time to spare, a moment to try and understand another one's despair"

  • Gehenna.3625Gehenna.3625 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Feritzz.6234 said:

    Good thing you don't have to do any part of the story with your alt-characters, you can jump into the action right away. You can even directly skip to expansion content bypassing any story steps.

    how come?

    The better question is why you think you have to do the story on all alts? Areas can genearlly be unlocked in other ways than the story.

    "In my experience, if you can't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything." ~ Minister Durano

  • Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

    @Feritzz.6234 said:
    Just to clarify the misunderstanding, Wow has no story at all, specially after WOTLK expansion according to GW2.
    But what I meant to say is that once you achived a step in any mode of any story or expansion, you do not have to do it with your alt chars again and again and again from point zero. I just wanna jump into action right away but I cant.

    You can jump into action in PvP, WvW, Fractals etc. without doing any story.
    The personal story is not required for any open world maps.
    You can access the maps of LS/Hot/Pof with "teleport to friend", but only if you have the expanisons/episodes unlocked/purchased, no need for story with this.
    After you have entered a LS3/LS4 map with one character, you can buy an "unlimited portal scroll" item and then you can access the map without story also with all your other characters.
    You can also enter the HoT/PoF maps via guild halls (if you are in a guild with a guild hall there)
    You can enter the HoT/PoF Maps via special-crafting areas (access can be bought in the gem shop)
    For HoT/PoF maps: If nothing of the above works, yes, you have to do the first chapter(s) of the HoT/Pof story with every character.

    https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

  • KeoLegend.5132KeoLegend.5132 Member ✭✭✭

    GW2 in a nutshell: AWESOMELY WELL CRAFTED WORLD, bland stories made in that world

  • you cant skip the entire personal story asides from the tutorial

  • ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020

    U can just explore maps, probably a new players tends to think they need unlock history to unlock maps.. but keep a eye on level of map if u arent level 80 yet. I mean dont try jump on Orr with a level 10 character.

    main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).