Illuminated Boreal Weapons: WTH FOR REAL?!?!

Milea.6043

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Connor Fallon.9408 said:Hi All,We are working on an alternative, easier way to reobtain the T2 weapons for those who have already crafted them. We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

I'm curious then, if this isn't a bug...how was it not foreseen this would be an issue?

It could be that the set was initially planned to be released with all 3 tiers during the same story, but when they decided to make the releases smaller they split it up into separate releases?

@"Connor Fallon.9408" said:Hi All,We are working on an alternative, easier way to reobtain the T2 weapons for those who have already crafted them. We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

I think you should add the message "This weapon is needed to craft.." to their tooltips and make it clear they are precursors. Just because they aren't for Legendary weapons doesn't change the fact that they're precursors and they should be marked as such.

Really alot of gear in this game could get that treatment.

@Connor Fallon.9408 said:Hi All,We are working on an alternative, easier way to reobtain the T2 weapons for those who have already crafted them. We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

As someone who crafted all of the T2 weapons and salvaged them along the way, I'm glad you realize that this is a problem, but it really shouldn't have been one in the first place. No other weapon collection has worked in the way you have implemented these new weapons; needing the previous one to craft the new. It's always been that crafting one unlocked the ability to craft the next one. That's how it was for the Istan weapons, the THK ones, and the first iteration of the Boreal weapons. The fact that these new weapons require the old ones, without there being any warning as to that being the case, tells me that there was either a lack of communication between the teams that worked on episodes 1 and 2 and this was done accidentally, or this was just done intentionally, and neither of those options are good. I do genuinely hope there is a fix for this soon, because taking away people's hard work is how you loose the goodwill of your playerbase and push potential customers away.

Shouldn't you guys have been working on this since Whisper in the Dark launched? OR could maybe have told the community "don't salvage those, you'll need them later?" One of those two things? I mean, a lack of communication about upcoming releases is one thing, but this is a pretty clear example of where communication is both EXTREMELY simple and EXTREMELY important. Right?

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Gop.8713 said:This is disappointing. There was even a thread about it when the preview released asking anet not to do this . . .

On the upside, they have been responsive to player concerns of late and this will likely meet with near universal disapproval, so perhaps an adjustment will be forthcoming. We'll have to wait and see . . .

The annoying part is they have to go back and change this stuff due to outrage instead of having better foresight. It's not a good look.

I agree, but I think it's a product of the pace of release, which is dictated by the expectations of the same players who are disgruntled by the less than perfect releases when they arrive . . .

tyvm :)

It really is amazing to me how responsive anet has become to player concerns compared to times past. And I don't even mean that they decided to fix it, but just that they are willing to address it. To me it's the single most important thing a game company can do, more important even than the game itself really lol . . .

EDIT: We could buy them for chilies maybe :p

@"Connor Fallon.9408" said:Hi All,We are working on an alternative, easier way to reobtain the T2 weapons for those who have already crafted them. We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

The "alternative, easier way to reobtain " worries me it litteraly could be you will be able to buy them back from a vendor at same cost or alittle reduced.

That is easier you dont have to craft them from scratch but still the same or close to the same cost.

EditWhy this would be the was is that anet want to protect the weapons price on the trading post for as long as possible.

We seen this thinking before with crafted legendary precursors.

EditWith my second post this one is kinda irrelevant but I stand the spirit of this post. (anet just resend the weapons to everyone who have crafted them with a note its neeed for t3 in new map and dont waste time on a alternative easier way to obtain )

@Cronos.6532 said:Customer Support was also able to restore the Restored weapons (heh) for me in just three hours after I made a ticket. So if you can't wait for the fix and want the weapons right now, that should also work!

Thanks GM Fiction; you're the best.

Yes I got them all back aswell, I check my support ticket after this post and GM Fiction strikes again =)

@Cronos.6532 said:Customer Support was also able to restore the Restored weapons (heh) for me in just three hours after I made a ticket. So if you can't wait for the fix and want the weapons right now, that should also work!

Thanks GM Fiction; you're the best.

Mine were also restored very quickly and also by GM Fiction. Definitely impressed at the speed and friendliness; I was expecting to wait a day or two given that it's a patch day.

I'm glad that Anet is looking into a way for players to obtain salvaged Restored weapons without GMs doing it manually, but I'm still surprised that it was pushed out as it is currently.

I really hope your "alternative" won't be "buy them for 50 gold a peace" like with the Visions for the Heroic Dragonsblood weapons...

@kajoken.1630 said:

I really hope your "alternative" won't be "buy them for 50 gold a peace" like with the Visions for the Heroic Dragonsblood weapons...

Since support are restoring them at no charge, the only solution is to give the weapons a zero buyback value from a vendor once you unlock the weapon. Anything else creates disparity

@Randulf.7614 said:

Since support are restoring them at no charge, the only solution is to give the weapons a zero buyback value from a vendor once you unlock the weapon. Anything else creates disparityThat would require them to be unsalvagable.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Since support are restoring them at no charge, the only solution is to give the weapons a zero buyback value from a vendor once you unlock the weapon. Anything else creates disparityThat would require them to be unsalvagable.

True unless they make it a one time thing per weapon. I don’t expect that would make much of a ripple

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Connor Fallon.9408 said:We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

Shouldn't such a thing be
prioritized
over most other things?You already have a similar feature with the legendary craftsman NPC in Lion' Arch, just copy that system.

How is an optional crafting of some weapons high priority?