December World Linking Update

Cal Cohen.2358

the links were way too long this time yeah. incredibly boring, fighting the same annoying setups over and over. besides it is bad for the servers; i think many link-server people switched yet around, because since january we have tons of new people apparently. and some of the link-server that will be missing later. that is kinda problem with a long link too.

i mean, the real problem is that the linking system is still the thing. bandwagoners lead to annoyed veterans on the linkprovider server and scammer veterans on the bandwagon servers. means, we probably technically fight the same people again on each other matchup anyways, since strong links can carry weak main servers too.

#gibealliances

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't a confusion, it's just that due to the relink being postponed, some of the Links or the lack of Links or population on some Hosts or non Linked servers have become quite stale. So the relink being pushed to the nearest Friday to the end of the month would make some sense.

At least some transfers during the Holidays was beneficial. to having balanced match-ups in terms of fights for Guilds or Open tags in some Tiers on EU, just not the people who transferred to stay in T1..

Anyway the relink is just one week away now.

Better yet. ANET should just eliminate relink and go back to the way it in the beginning where we had up to 6 to 9 tiers. Server against each other.

On top of limit sever transfers to once every 2 weeks or once a month.

Close tier 1 and 2 servers to transfers but keep it open for new players that do not have existing accounts.

This will solve a lot of problems in my thinking

@pointaction.4639 said:Better yet. ANET should just eliminate relink and go back to the way it in the beginning where we had up to 6 to 9 tiers. Server against each other.

Who are tier 5 and 6 servers going to fight against?

On top of limit sever transfers to once every 2 weeks or once a month.

Close tier 1 and 2 servers to transfers but keep it open for new players that do not have existing accounts.

So, tank for two weeks and your ‘tier ‘ server is in tier 3.... open for transfers....

This will solve a lot of problems in my thinking

Do the people who ask for links to be taken off and go back to the old 24/27 servers, know that the server populations ratings of today are not the same as it was 4 years ago? A server with a very high rating today could possibly now be the same as a server that was medium back in the day.

We can't just go back to no links and think we can have things back exactly as it was, there's been a population decline which has been hidden with the population ratings threshold changes, links were put in place because there was a big decline in population from 2012-16 in the first place. T8 in NA would be a ghost town.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Do the people who ask for links to be taken off and go back to the old 24/27 servers, know that the server populations ratings of today are not the same as it was 4 years ago? A server with a very high rating today could possibly now be the same as a server that was medium back in the day.

We can't just go back to no links and think we can have things back exactly as it was, there's been a population decline which has been hidden with the population ratings threshold changes, links were put in place because there was a big decline in population from 2012-16 in the first place. T8 in NA would be a ghost town.

Will not be a ghost town if they close tiers with population for transfers so forces those transfers to lower population tiers.

So no relinks is better if they do it right in the first place.

@pointaction.4639 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Do the people who ask for links to be taken off and go back to the old 24/27 servers, know that the server populations ratings of today are not the same as it was 4 years ago? A server with a very high rating today could possibly now be the same as a server that was medium back in the day.

Will not be a ghost town if they close tiers with population for transfers so forces those transfers to lower population tiers.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you here: close the tiers that have population and spread them out thinly in other tiers?

Knowing that these same tiers were ones people left because the population wasn’t enough?

Or am I missing what you are saying..?

So no relinks is better if they do it right in the first place.

Balancing population will be effectively impossible unless you gut the guild structure and bypass that when spreading people out.

And if you do that, you will lose even more players.

Even T2 is often a ghost town these days and people want more tiers, what? I can't imagine how terrible T3/T4 already are..

And half a year ago (and since starting the game) I was on JQ, which was almost always T1, and even it was not great. Zergs of 40-50 people max at reset night, nothing like the old days when you had multiple zergs in separate squads all across the maps.

I don't know why people seem to imagine the WvW population being hundreds of players. Its dozens, across all servers.

Let me put this real to you. Even if ArenaNet merged the entire NA region down to just three servers and put them in a matchup, you still wouldn't see map queues for most of the day, only at primetime and on weekends..