GEMSTORE REQUESTS: New Items; Items offered again - [Merged]

• ArenaNet Staff

Players have shared a number of terrific suggestions for Guild Wars 2 Gem Store items. From outfits that hark back to old Tyria to miniatures that warm the heart, from dye sets that personalize your look to new gliders that make a statement, player ideas have help us expand our Gem Store to include a wide variety of wonderful items.

If you have a suggestion – or several! – that you’d like to share with the development team about potential Gem Store items, please post them in this continuing thread.

Thanks for your input!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 months later...

Ice themed mining and harvesting tool to go with the Frost Wasp Logging Tool.

Maybe I dunno, ice spiders dropping from ice webs onto the mining node and freezing it to shatter it, and ice rabbits running into the harvest node to freeze it and your character does a foot stomp to shatter it?

Also what would be a good idea is to update all the existing tools to be the same efficiency as the more recent ones like the unbound magic tools - not in speed but in how much they can gather in one strike. We all know the unbound magic tools can gather 4 per hit for pick and axe, and 3 per hit for the sickle, while almost all the other tools for the other sets only allow 3 per hit for pick and axe, and 1 per hit for the sickle. So if something was done about that, it would make your former old collection of tools more worthwhile to use alongside the unbound magic ones. :tired_face:

Other gemstore skins... how about some canthan themed weapon skins for a change? Shiro's swords for example for sword and dagger, but let dagger variant be held like in GW1 instead of GW2 backhand style. :D

• Like 2

Hmm, tricky. It' easy enough to think of things that would be useful - but the whole point is that anything available solely from the Gemstore should not be capable of giving an advantage to a player with more RL cash. Personally, I don't want to end up with a game where money talks.

Given that, my two suggestions would both be for the much-ignored (apart from daily harvesting) home instance:

• furnishing / fluff items. There's a great need (in my view...) for at least some placeable basic furniture in the home. Beds, tables, chairs, etc.
  • a large map/globe of Tyria. It could be updated as new Zones are added, and maybe even show which zones you've explored fully.
  • Like 2

I'll revive this from the old forums: A sittable chair "toy." Just like other toys that act like bundles and replace your skills, this would generate a chair suited to your race, with you sitting in it. The skills could be various poses for sitting (crossed legs, leaning back, leaning forward intently, gesturing as if talking, etc). You would not be able to travel while using it (though hmm, a wheel chair option could be interesting later on).

Another bundle idea I've floated a few times: Champagne to toast the new year. Have it act like the rose bouquet bundle only with champagne bottle and glass themed actions.

@Donari.5237 said:I'll revive this from the old forums: A sittable chair "toy." Just like other toys that act like bundles and replace your skills, this would generate a chair suited to your race, with you sitting in it. The skills could be various poses for sitting (crossed legs, leaning back, leaning forward intently, gesturing as if talking, etc). You would not be able to travel while using it (though hmm, a wheel chair option could be interesting later on).

Let's not forget the pose of "leaning back, pulling a chain, and having water fall on you"

With the new Unidentified gear coming in PoF, I would hope that an Infinite ID kit is in the works so that we won't be forced to do a heart every time we want to ID some items. But incase it's not just wanted to let you know I'm ready to buy as soon as it's available.

Would also love to see a return of an updated Bone Dragon Staff from Guild Wars 1. As much as I like the current legendary staffs in GW2 I always felt this would have made an incredible Legendary in GW2 with glowing eyes and a beating heart in the rib cage. But since we already have 2 Staffs I would love to see it return as a gemshop item.

A pass book that allows you to put all your passes into 1 book similar to how we have a book that allows us to buy the pages that teleport us to the living story zones. Many of us have recently received the Heart of Elon pass for prepurchasing the game. But many of us already had other passes like the Lava Lounge, Airship Pass, etc. It would be nice to combine them all into 1 item slot and be given the choice as to which pass area we want to go to.

Lastly it has been said many times in the past but last we heard it was not being developed officially, a Keychain would be something that so many of us would happily dole out cash for as a true quality of life improvement. While the shared inv slots are a decent stop gap solution, it won't work forever unless u plan on continuing to up the max qty of slots available. I have maxed out the slots already and with POF so close I find myself in a bind as to what to drop to make room for the new key mechanic and Heart of Elon pass as well as any other new potential items u may release that we don't know about yet. Please put this on the official list of things to make in the future and watch the gems flow in. I know everyone I talk to would happily buy it the day it finally is made available.