What are you looking forward to in GW2? What keeps you coming back?

Neither. Big open world maps and map stories. Which we haven't had much success with since PoF, so my hope is diminishing. My biggest motivations was looking forward to the Drakkar fight. I was looking forward to a big, epic, tactical boss fight that would take time to learn.

! What we got, was a straightforward HP sponge with more visual noise than ever to hide what at least looked like a cool boss in there somewhere>!

@Randulf.7614 said:Neither. Big open world maps and map stories. Which we haven't had much success with since PoF, so my hope is diminishing. My biggest motivations was looking forward to the Drakkar fight. I was looking forward to a big, epic, tactical boss fight that would take time to learn.

! What we got, was a straightforward HP sponge with more visual noise than ever to hide what at least looked like a cool boss in there somewhere>!

So new boss is kinda like the previous version of the maps boss?

Shocking =)

@Linken.6345 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Neither. Big open world maps and map stories. Which we haven't had much success with since PoF, so my hope is diminishing. My biggest motivations was looking forward to the Drakkar fight. I was looking forward to a big, epic, tactical boss fight that would take time to learn.

Shocking =)

! I had really hoped for a Triple Trouble level boss or Gerent. I'd have taken Tequatl level to be honest.!! My fault for hoping too much, sigh

@Randulf.7614 said:

Shocking =)

I had really hoped for a Triple Trouble level boss or Gerent. I'd have taken Tequatl level to be honest.

My fault for hoping too much, sigh

That's what hope will get you. Specially towards GW2.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Shocking =)

I had really hoped for a Triple Trouble level boss or Gerent. I'd have taken Tequatl level to be honest.

My fault for hoping too much, sigh

That's what hope will get you. Specially towards GW2.

Yeah...I know

I play mostly dailies. But also; festivals, world bosses and map metas. I used to play a lot of meta events on the LW maps, but they feel unrewarding. I really don't like the "do the meta or everyone on this map is f-ed mechanics" that some of the newest maps have. And sadly the newest meta is bugged

PvE. I like doing the story (no it's not the greatest writing I've ever seen, but for an MMO it's pretty good, enough to keep me interested and wanting to find out what happens next), and especially exploring the maps. I like that there's always a variety of stuff to find, from NPCs with interesting dialogue to resource nodes, hidden items for achievements, even jumping puzzles and mini dungeons. Between that and events which can start up in seemingly empty areas it's very rare to come across an area I can confidently dismiss as empty scenery to spread out activity hubs and not worth looking at (something which is very common in other games).

Because I like poking around exploring everything as I go along and not using guides unless I'm really stuck I play slowly so I never run out of things to do. Not that I play every day, I'm often playing other games or doing other things entirely (my average works out to about 2 hours a day, but it's much more erratic than that, sometimes I won't log in for a week and other times I play for 6 hours in one day) but overall this game has kept me interested for much longer than most. And I haven't even touched the new episode yet.

Raids, though that may change soon enough to be split between raids a competitive game mode.

In essence, what keeps me here is the combat system, and doing buildcraft (largely of the dumb meme variety) and dumb meme compositions for...any content really is what keeps me here. Rn i spend more time in special forces training area than anywhere else, except to farm for gold/resources to gear more builds.

But since anet forgot about raids, and while there's a lot of dumb buildcraft i have yet to do, i dunno if anet even intend to release another raid anymore. So i'll be moving onto something else soon...not sure what, depends on what my wvw server's core is.

1. Finish Home Instance
  2. Claim Guild Hall
  3. Learn to actually play the game and check Fractals out
  4. Slay Aurene, it's inevitable
  5. Sit back, relax, and praise Joko

In the mean time, take unsustainable advantage of the natural resources Tyria has left. I bet that black liquid is going to fetch a fair price once we rid the world of magic.

Very easy in my case:

• I have many friends with me in game, including real life ones.
  • I do love PvE (I never get enough of exploring) and WvW (although it becomes more and more boring).
  • I'm guild leader/officer and PvE commander. I do love both jobs that add one more side to the game.
  • I have big content to do. I play since beta and have loads of unfinished business. It piles up at each new LS episode. No chance to get bored.

Globally, I do love the game that has - on my opinion - an incredibly enormous and varied content, as well as beautiful landscapes, not to forget a nice community.

I'm here for...

1. Story and muh homies in DW
  2. Exploring odd corners of the maps only to go, "Urg, it's just an effin jumping puzzle."
  3. Map metas (which give me all the co-op I need)
  4. Helping newbies out by rezzing them after they went AFK near some skales (oo, embarrassing)
  5. The occasional lulz in world chat
  6. The feeling of satisfaction when a profession I couldn't enjoy on previous attempts finally clicks for me (This month it's Ele. Maybe Rev and Mes will get their turn one day too...)
  7. Waifu

I just do some daily stuff to fool around with my characters. Believe it or not, what motivates me the most to play is when a patch makes me reconsider my builds. That whole regearing quest, which doubles as a wardrobe design chance, is what I love the most during my gaming time (like when they introduced templates, which allowed me to double up the looks of all my characters :D)

So, even if there would be no new content other than balance passes, that would be enough for this gamer. :>

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:Very easy in my case:

• I have many friends with me in game, including real life ones.
  • I do love PvE (I never get enough of exploring) and WvW (although it becomes more and more boring).
  • I'm guild leader/officer and PvE commander. I do love both jobs that add one more side to the game.
  • I have big content to do. I play since beta and have loads of unfinished business. It piles up at each new LS episode. No chance to get bored.

Globally, I do love the game that has - on my opinion - an incredibly enormous and varied content, as well as beautiful landscapes, not to forget a nice community.

Holy smokes. You wrote my answer for me. This is what I would have typed, almost exactly.

tbh I haven't done much yet, so everything is still new to me! I especially like exploring and the little stories hidden around the world, but I don't care about the personal story or living world since I don't like any of the characters. I'm also in an active guild so that keeps me coming back too.

More open world PvE so I guess I would lean more on open world. The new map does not appeal to me. Neither really any map in LWS4 (some I tolerate). I hate PoF maps with passion. I really like some of the older maps, but kinda ran their course.

I do sPvP often. But I PvE way more. I barely enjoy either lately.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Shocking =)

! I had really hoped for a Triple Trouble level boss or Gerent. I'd have taken Tequatl level to be honest.!! My fault for hoping too much, sigh

All of these bosses are essentially just on farm mode now, maybe some minor organization needed. Any new boss that would be of equivalent difficulty would soon be on farm mode as well. Some people would complain about the difficulty at first, then someone would figure out the gimmicks, then farm mode.