New Ranger elite specialization?

Evil.1580

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

@alain.1659 said:A support spec that can heal and support allies in competitive modes and can join zergs in wvw and really be helpful. You know like druid. But a working version that does not suck.

So a firebrand?

Not that OP but somewhat useful naturalistic thing. Maybe adding something like a celestial avatar form would spice up the things.

I’d like to see a Hunter elite spec. Camouflage was going to be a mechanic for the Ranger, but was cut after beta testing as I recall. Fleshing out this mechanic I think would add interesting gameplay. Given a rifle, ambush skills, and preparations along GW1 style, a Hunter specialization would be a lot of fun.

The real question is how to fold the pet mechanic in. Elite specializations should be a reimagining of the primary mechanic. At least that appears to be ANet’s concept with e specs. Just adding more pets would ineffective. But perhaps preparations could alter both our attacks and our pets attacks. Possibly unlock new F3 skills.

• 1 month later...

@Drgnfly.5812 said:I’d like to see a Hunter elite spec. Camouflage was going to be a mechanic for the Ranger, but was cut after beta testing as I recall. Fleshing out this mechanic I think would add interesting gameplay. Given a rifle, ambush skills, and preparations along GW1 style, a Hunter specialization would be a lot of fun.

The real question is how to fold the pet mechanic in. Elite specializations should be a reimagining of the primary mechanic. At least that appears to be ANet’s concept with e specs. Just adding more pets would ineffective. But perhaps preparations could alter both our attacks and our pets attacks. Possibly unlock new F3 skills.

I like the idea of camouflage :) I'm curious about how they would implement this.

For a (possible) new elite spec., I'd like to have a deeper connection with nature (Druid gave us that in a way, but with astral/celestial energy). I like the idea of focus, shield, or scepter as a new weapon. For new skills, I imagine mantras, cantrips, wells, or meditations.