New Ranger elite specialization? - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Ranger

New Ranger elite specialization?

2>

Comments

• alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

@alain.1659 said:
    A support spec that can heal and support allies in competitive modes and can join zergs in wvw and really be helpful. You know like druid. But a working version that does not suck.

So a firebrand?

Not that OP but somewhat useful naturalistic thing. Maybe adding something like a celestial avatar form would spice up the things.

• I’d like to see a Hunter elite spec. Camouflage was going to be a mechanic for the Ranger, but was cut after beta testing as I recall. Fleshing out this mechanic I think would add interesting gameplay. Given a rifle, ambush skills, and preparations along GW1 style, a Hunter specialization would be a lot of fun.

The real question is how to fold the pet mechanic in. Elite specializations should be a reimagining of the primary mechanic. At least that appears to be ANet’s concept with e specs. Just adding more pets would ineffective. But perhaps preparations could alter both our attacks and our pets attacks. Possibly unlock new F3 skills.

"There is little love for those of my kind in this place, yet I am here to help save them all. To those who matter, actions speak louder than words and my actions shall echo across this city for eternity until all recognize the honor of the Tengu race." ~ Talon Silverwing

• TheLadyOfTheRings.9148TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 Member ✭✭
    edited January 29, 2020

@Drgnfly.5812 said:
    I’d like to see a Hunter elite spec. Camouflage was going to be a mechanic for the Ranger, but was cut after beta testing as I recall. Fleshing out this mechanic I think would add interesting gameplay. Given a rifle, ambush skills, and preparations along GW1 style, a Hunter specialization would be a lot of fun.

The real question is how to fold the pet mechanic in. Elite specializations should be a reimagining of the primary mechanic. At least that appears to be ANet’s concept with e specs. Just adding more pets would ineffective. But perhaps preparations could alter both our attacks and our pets attacks. Possibly unlock new F3 skills.

I like the idea of camouflage :) I'm curious about how they would implement this.

For a (possible) new elite spec., I'd like to have a deeper connection with nature (Druid gave us that in a way, but with astral/celestial energy). I like the idea of focus, shield, or scepter as a new weapon. For new skills, I imagine mantras, cantrips, wells, or meditations.

• Give a hammer to the ranger and bring back from gw1 the bunny thumper.

That's all