Illuminated Boreal Weapons: WTH FOR REAL?!?!

Milea.6043

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys really need to work on your approval process and quality control.It's like whoever approves the stuff you work on lacks some common sense or has no connection to the playerbase.
This and the griffon skin are almost universally disliked, such things shouldn't make it into the game in the first place, at least not in their current form :/You're wasting resources and development time, the skin you made won't sell and the collection will now need fixing...

This is a kick in the nuts, really anet. REALLY. W T F. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Gotta craft them again. O M G. Furious. Enjoyed getting the recipes, making them all. Deleted them because you know, STORAGE! Oh really, we were meant to keep them "just in case" they may be needed to craft another weapon. No warning, nothing! Thanks

@"MarkyMark.7615" said:This is a kick in the nuts, really anet. REALLY. W T F. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Gotta craft them again. O M G. Furious. Enjoyed getting the recipes, making them all. Deleted them because you know, STORAGE! Oh really, we were meant to keep them "just in case" they may be needed to craft another weapon. No warning, nothing! Thanks

Maybe read thread and put in a support ticket for them?Be nice and you might be happy with the outcome.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Connor Fallon.9408" said:Hi All,We are working on an alternative, easier way to reobtain the T2 weapons for those who have already crafted them. We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

I'm curious then, if this isn't a bug...how was it not foreseen this would be an issue?

If I had to guess, this was a rush job. They had about 2 months between the previous episode and this release, I think? That's significantly faster than previous episodes. The copy/paste events on the map. The "do this 10 times" achievements. The fact that the meta boss, as visually impressive as he is, basically just keeps doing the same thing over and over. I don't think they had enough time to do what they wanted to do with this.

Yeah, could have a warning in T2 that it's used in crafting, remember those stand alone armors you could drop in Dry Top (Adventurer's Scarf and Spectacles if i'm not mistaken), and you need them to craft the Adventurer's Mantle, so they have that "this item is a crafting ingredient" thingy at the bottom, could have done the same on Boreal Weapons.

Tough from now on, i guess nobody is going to trash crafted weapon sets anymore xD

@"Brandon Uzumaki.1524" said:Yeah, could have a warning in T2 that it's used in crafting, remember those stand alone armors you could drop in Dry Top (Adventurer's Scarf and Spectacles if i'm not mistaken), and you need them to craft the Adventurer's Mantle, so they have that "this item is a crafting ingredient" thingy at the bottom, could have done the same on Boreal Weapons.Tough from now on, i guess nobody is going to trash crafted weapon sets anymore xD

And the crowd of those, who will only craft them once the season is over, will grow.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@"Connor Fallon.9408" said:Hi All,We are working on an alternative, easier way to reobtain the T2 weapons for those who have already crafted them. We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

I'm curious then, if this isn't a bug...how was it not foreseen this would be an issue?

If I had to guess, this was a rush job. They had about 2 months between the previous episode and this release, I think? That's significantly faster than previous episodes. The copy/paste events on the map. The "do this 10 times" achievements. The fact that the meta boss, as visually impressive as he is, basically just keeps doing the same thing over and over. I don't think they had enough time to do what they wanted to do with this.

Different Teams handle Living World Episodes (I believe there are 3 or 4 Living World Teams); thus, each Team has much more than 2 months.

@"Hashberry.4510" said:Sure has been a whole lot of nothing in this thread. Don't suppose anyone will apologize.

Nope, it is apparently not enough that they are trying to make a change for this issue, must continue to pound at them even after they have said they are going to make a correction. I am sure that all the posters in this thread have never made a mistake of any size while at work. Honestly, this is a pretty minor oversight, I would not even call it a mistake, that they have stated they are going to try and find a way to make everyone happy. And for anyone posting about "what are you going to do to make sure this never happens again?", everyone is human, and an oversight like this most assuredly will happen again. Nobody can guarantee that oversights/mistakes will never happen again, not even the people posting about it.

Since I posted earlier in this thread, I feel obliged to come back and say that my ticket was handled super quickly and they did happily restore my whole set, as I assume will happen to others that submitted tickets. That said, if you're a little more the patient sort and they're working on an alternate re-acquisition, you might want to save your inventory slots and see what that ends up looking like first. But hats off for the quick help.

@KingJoko.1625 said:

@Geoff Fey.1035 said:In what way do they need to be remade?As in:
  1. you need the Restored Boreal Weapon as a recipe component to create the Illuminated Boreal Weapon?
  2. the achievement for Illuminated Boreal Weapons does not retroactively unlock even if you still have all of the Restored Boreal Weapons?

You need the actual tier2 weapons in physical form, not in achievement, which 99% of players salvaged..I cannot confirm the statistic here, but anecdotally I can say that I too salvaged these weapons after crafting. I think this problem should have been anticipated. 1. Long term players almost certainly have ascended weapons on at least some of their characters, leaving newly crafted exotics as a loss in play value, 2. The entire game promotes inventory bloat and even with having purchased several additional bank tabs, inventory space is always a recurring issue, at least for me. So salvaging weapons for which at least I have no need only makes sense. 3. they incentivized salvaging them by having them give back the unique crafting material used in making them. This is standard with other gear that can be salvaged for unique materials, but in the crunch to make the entire set, getting these back in salvaging sped up completion of crafting the entire set.

Everything about this design encouraged the salvaging, which really isn't a big deal until they failed to anticipate that and put in this upgraded set (good for encouraging recurring game play) that required the previous set. I am glad that they are now looking at adding ways to require the previous weapons. I really am, but this feeds back into the problems with the design issues I have already mentioned. Having these weapons again and upgrading them, will we need to hold on to the illuminated boreal weapons for upgrading yet again in some future release? Don't get me wrong, I like the continuity concept of upgrading, just not the combination of not knowing + inventory bloat that this design encourages.

Here's to hoping that someone recognizes the inherent flaw in doing thing this way and comes up with an alternative, but I'm not going to hold my breath waiting.

This is the first time they have actually used the word upgradable correctly.

These problems wouldn't happen if Anet was consistent with how they've done rewards in the past. No previous "upgrade" set has needed the previous equipment as a material to craft them. Astral/Stellar weapons. Elegy/Requiem armor. Dragonsblood weapons. Mist Shard armor.

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:This is the first time they have actually used the word upgradable correctly.

These problems wouldn't happen if Anet was consistent with how they've done rewards in the past. No previous "upgrade" set has needed the previous equipment as a material to craft them. Astral/Stellar weapons. Elegy/Requiem armor. Dragonsblood weapons. Mist Shard armor.

Aren't you forgetting about the Craftsman backpacks?And in a sense, you need to upgrade Precursors, too. Although the necessary parts are salvaged from prior versions.

I also contacted the Arenanet support service and I received this email (translated from French):

"Regarding the problem you are experiencing, we inform you that Arena Net is doing these investigations and is working to place a more efficient method for the recovery of these objects that you miss in game. We have no news for the moment no specific time this procedure will take but please wait for our team to update you. "

I am disappointed to see that the reactions of the support service, faced with an identical problem, are different depending on the people.

Some received their weapons quickly, others like me have to wait for a hypothetical solution ...

I find this unfair and absolutely unprofessional.