Please fix the pegasus, he looks sad.

Something has been bugging me about this "Pegasus" model and where have I seen one on my computer before, more importantly I was wondering if there was some way that Anet could have found some inspiration when creating their model. This morning I remembered.

Windows 10 Machine - Press Start > 3D viewer > Click on the 3D library button and voila, there in all its glory top left is something that is listed as a 'Unicorn'. It is without doubt a billion times better.

@"Andy.5981" said:Something has been bugging me about this "Pegasus" model and where have I seen one on my computer before, more importantly I was wondering if there was some way that Anet could have found some inspiration when creating their model. This morning I remembered.

Windows 10 Machine - Press Start > 3D viewer > Click on the 3D library button and voila, there in all its glory top left is something that is listed as a 'Unicorn'. It is without doubt a billion times better.

You weren't kidding, it isa billion times better.

@"Andy.5981" said:Something has been bugging me about this "Pegasus" model and where have I seen one on my computer before, more importantly I was wondering if there was some way that Anet could have found some inspiration when creating their model. This morning I remembered.

Are you able to share the image? On my Windows 10 machine I just get an error page inserted into the library telling me it shut down on the 10th. Now I'm curious what it looked like but have no way to find out.

See folks, thats what happens when you want to create something that everyone knows how it looks like and what its supposted to look like, but instead you persistently want to create something different, to show how distinctive you are.Just dont, pegasus is a horse with wings, stay to the pattern, just like BDO, WoW and others. It works, people like it, and noone cries because "ugh, again horse with wings, maybe use your brain and create something new, dont copy already existing things".

Weren't people also asking for a "horse" mount that looks like the one that's just Skritt in a horse costume? What's under that bulky horse blanket on the neck area? ;)But I don't want to pick on this pterippi, it looks like it can actually hear everyone calling it pterrible, the poor thing. It's like the person who to worked on this deliberately crafted that Eeyore look in its eyes just to say "Yeah, I know what you're thinking". :'(

@Danikat.8537 said:

Are you able to share the image? On my Windows 10 machine I just get an error page inserted into the library telling me it shut down on the 10th. Now I'm curious what it looked like but have no way to find out.

Sure, hopefully this will work

https://ibb.co/D15YZf0

@"Trise.2865" said:What part of "Horses don't exist in Tyria" do people still not understand?I dont think they understand any part.

For me, the "issues" with the skin is actually very simple - it's a matter of proportions. It sits too low with too chubby front legs, which just makes it look weird and reminds me of a potbelly pig. Their concept art looks much more proportional with slimmer front legs and sitting slightly higher.

That people want it to be a horse is just silly.

@Andy.5981 said:

@Andy.5981 said:Something has been bugging me about this "Pegasus" model and where have I seen one on my computer before, more importantly I was wondering if there was some way that Anet could have found some inspiration when creating their model. This morning I remembered.

Sure, hopefully this will work

Thanks. :)

That actually looks weirder to me. It might just be the angle but the legs look too short for the body (especially the back legs) and the wings just look tacked on, which I know is how a pegasus normally looks but I prefer the ones where the wings meld into the body better and/or they include some suggestion of muscles to move them. Of course the GW2 one gets around that by having most of the body hidden so you can't clearly see how the wings connect.

@Hoover.6394 said:

@"crepuscular.9047" said:??? what a dope, good one Anet

if you want a pegasus, breed one in BDO

that ears are too long, look more like a mule or donkey loljust being super picky here

the length of the ear really depends on the breed of horse

I think BDO's pegasus is pretty spot on, the length of the ear is pretty much identical in length of the top of the head to the top of the eyeicg5Mde.jpg

perhaps the right ear is stretched a bit due to artificial wide angle lens distortion

@Andy.5981 said:Well if Dr. Frankenstein had to make a Pegasus from left over parts this is probably the result.

Has ANYONE at Anet ever seen the Tristar Pictures Logo?!?! That is a Pegasus.

This is very very poor.

It's not supposed to be a normal Pegasus, it's supposed to be the Tyrian version of a Pegasus, which ArenaNet can make look any way they want, and honestly, it's called a Sacred Pegasus Griffon, which means it's a combination of a Pegasus with a Griffon(and a little Unicorn thrown in for good measure), so it looks the way it does because that's the name of it. Had it been just a Pegasus then I would have described the skin as a Sacred Pegasus Skin for Griffon, not thrown in Griffon before the word Skin.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Trise.2865" said:What part of "Horses don't exist in Tyria" do people still not understand?I dont think they understand any part.

For me, the "issues" with the skin is actually very simple - it's a matter of proportions. It sits too low with too chubby front legs, which just makes it look weird and reminds me of a potbelly pig. Their concept art looks much more proportional with slimmer front legs and sitting slightly higher.

That people want it to be a horse is just silly.

just looked at the concept art, does it? i think the in-game matches up with the concept art, even the dopiness of the eyes *facepalm*

at first i thought it was just a bad job by an intern, which i'd be ok with, and i had hoped the rest of the community can also be chillout with, since a more experienced dev can go back and patch things up a bit... but even the concept art is ...... *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*