Ruler of the Skies issues (Skyscale Rift Closing Achievements)

I've found that occasionally interacting with the rifts doesn't give me the buff required to give eligibility for the achievement associated with the area. I'm having a real hard time with the ones in Sandswept Isles not giving the buff at all.

Occasionally if I finish the rift with the buff, the buff just goes away and doesn't award credit for completing the rift, forcing me to repeat it. This is after collecting all the balls of magic.

It's extremely difficult to collect the magic balls in certain areas, being that the balls are a yellowish gold, they tend to blend into the skybox or background a lot, making it harder to be able to see them. I have nigh on full vision. I can't imagine what it'd be like for the visually impaired with the white/gold on orange background. Not to mention how hard it is to see the almost completely transparent end rift.

EDIT: A new one happened just now. I got the buff for the achievement, got all the balls up to the end, but the end purple rift doesn't spawn.

Having a super hard time with two of the rifts in Sandswept, every other area so far has been ok. The one just above Anniogel Encampment wp and the one just west of Atholma wp are the troublemakers. I've received the Mistborn Mote from completing both of them, but neither has given me the achievement for it.

Me and my boyfriend ran into the same problem today. We didn't get the ones in Metrica Province and Sandswept Isles. However, it still awarded us the achievement for Living Story Season 4 after we finished up everything else. We cannot get the Metrica one to work though. Very frustrating after running around the maps for four hours. Was so looking forward to the title too.

@PKA.3428 said:Me and my boyfriend ran into the same problem today. We didn't get the ones in Metrica Province and Sandswept Isles. However, it still awarded us the achievement for Living Story Season 4 after we finished up everything else. We cannot get the Metrica one to work though. Very frustrating after running around the maps for four hours. Was so looking forward to the title too.

I can't quite remember which one it was, but there was an instance where I got awarded the achievement for two Maguuma ones after completing one rift.

@Miss Lana.5276 said:

@PKA.3428 said:Me and my boyfriend ran into the same problem today. We didn't get the ones in Metrica Province and Sandswept Isles. However, it still awarded us the achievement for Living Story Season 4 after we finished up everything else. We cannot get the Metrica one to work though. Very frustrating after running around the maps for four hours. Was so looking forward to the title too.

I can't quite remember which one it was, but there was an instance where I got awarded the achievement for two Maguuma ones after completing one rift.

It was one of the ones in Caledon, I think.

In any case, the wiki has been updated.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"PKA.3428" said:Me and my boyfriend ran into the same problem today. We didn't get the ones in Metrica Province and Sandswept Isles. However, it still awarded us the achievement for Living Story Season 4 after we finished up everything else. We cannot get the Metrica one to work though. Very frustrating after running around the maps for four hours. Was so looking forward to the title too.

The wiki and it's lack or inclusion of locations is not the topic of this thread. The issues with the actual rifts are. You may be thinking of the other skyscale thread that was talking about that: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96512/ruler-of-the-skies-achievement-maybe-bugged

@Miss Lana.5276 said:

@"PKA.3428" said:Me and my boyfriend ran into the same problem today. We didn't get the ones in Metrica Province and Sandswept Isles. However, it still awarded us the achievement for Living Story Season 4 after we finished up everything else. We cannot get the Metrica one to work though. Very frustrating after running around the maps for four hours. Was so looking forward to the title too.

The wiki and it's lack or inclusion of locations is not the topic of this thread. The issues with the actual rifts are. You may be thinking of the other skyscale thread that was talking about that:

But if you do all of the rifts listed on that page, and still complete the achievement, does it matter?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Yeah, I managed to get the Tarnished Coast achieve to complete. For some reason, the rift in Metrica (near the Luminates plant) does not seem to give credit, but when I did the rift in Caledon near Soggorsort it gave me a double credit. There was one last rift in Brisban that I missed, so that makes the 12/12 that I needed. No issues with Kryta, Orr or Maguuma Wastes. Currently working on Shiverpeaks.

@Miss Lana: Strangely, I did the two rifts in Lion's Arch and it gave me credit towards LS4. If you're missing 2 rift credits from Sandswept, maybe give that a try?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

The wiki and it's lack or inclusion of locations is not the topic of this thread. The issues with the actual rifts are. You may be thinking of the other skyscale thread that was talking about that:

But if you do all of the rifts listed on that page, and still complete the achievement, does it matter?

If you entered this thread without even reading the initial post, you probably should, considering this was covered in it.

I've received the Mistborn Mote from completing both of them, but neither has given me the achievement for it.

@Zaxares.5419 said:

Yeah, I managed to get the Tarnished Coast achieve to complete. For some reason, the rift in Metrica (near the Luminates plant) does not seem to give credit, but when I did the rift in Caledon near Soggorsort it gave me a double credit. There was one last rift in Brisban that I missed, so that makes the 12/12 that I needed. No issues with Kryta, Orr or Maguuma Wastes. Currently working on Shiverpeaks.

@Miss Lana: Strangely, I did the two rifts in Lion's Arch and it gave me credit towards LS4. If you're missing 2 rift credits from Sandswept, maybe give that a try?

Nope, did both of those. You may notice that there's a post on the discussion page about the LA rifts stating that they count for the LS4 achievement. That was made by yours truly.

I ran into these problems as well. I'm doing the "Skyscale Rider: Tarnished Coast" part of the achievement, and one of the 5 rifts in Brisban Wildlands and Metrica Province won't count for the completed reality rifts. I've repeated each and every one of them multiple times, but it still shows me only 4 completed rifts.At times it won't activate the counter for the orbs at all, and sometimes the final rift simply won't be there.

EDIT: The first rift, after I continued to the next map, ended up rewarding me two rifts. Got the Ruler of the Skies done after all!

@Miss Lana.5276 said:

If you entered this thread without even reading the initial post, you probably should, considering this was covered in it.

I've received the Mistborn Mote from completing both of them, but neither has given me the achievement for it.

Are you doing the rifts for the rewards that they give or for the achievement? If the latter, what’s the problem if doing every rift that’s now listed on the wiki page ends up complete if the achievements?

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:So how does the wiki help me get the achievement if the rifts don't give credit? Is the wiki some kind of spellbook that I only need to read to eliminate bugs?

There are more rifts listed than what’s needed. The Sandswept one wasn’t registering for me but I did a fourth rift in Dragonfall that I didn’t know about and completed the achievement.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Are you doing the rifts for the rewards that they give or for the achievement? If the latter, what’s the problem if doing every rift that’s now listed on the wiki page ends up complete if the achievements?

I'm reporting on bugs in the game, hence it being in this section of the forums. Regardless of whether I get the achievement or not there are still rifts that are incredibly buggy.

For what it's worth, I've done all of them except Sandswept Isle because of the multiple issues listed above. I'll keep trying. Happy the achievement is active and it's right in the scope of the content I love.I'd like to add my wishlist… a mount skin as a reward... but i'm mostly joking. =PHope the issues are fixed or acknowledged soon.

The one near Highjump Ranch Waypoint in Desert Highlands won't trigger the counter for me. I can complete it, but it doesn't count, so I cannot complete the achievement.

(It's also the most annoying starting point with the all the archers - 3-4 hits and you're dead.)

So with this and the Sandswept Isles one mentioned above, I cannot complete the"Ruler of the Skies" meta-achievement.

So I've now completed every single LS4 rift possible, including the 2 in LA and stuck at 18/19 on the LS4 achievement. All others now completed, so essentially 1 rift away from full completion. The one that definitely hasn't triggered an achievement from those that others seem to be finding success with is the LA [Claw Island Portage Waypoint] one. Tried it on multiple characters, logged in/logged out, won't trigger the achievement. I've also done the ones in Sandswept that weren't working for others, just to see if it's account specific and nothing.

What am I supposed to do to finish the achievement now?

Oh, and I've gone back through every single rift to make sure as well. In some cases I've done them 4 times each now. Which is not fun at all!

@prodigystef.6425 said:So I've now completed every single LS4 rift possible, including the 2 in LA and stuck at 18/19 on the LS4 achievement. All others now completed, so essentially 1 rift away from full completion. The one that definitely hasn't triggered an achievement from those that others seem to be finding success with is the LA [Claw Island Portage Waypoint] one. Tried it on multiple characters, logged in/logged out, won't trigger the achievement. I've also done the ones in Sandswept that weren't working for others, just to see if it's account specific and nothing.

What am I supposed to do to finish the achievement now?

Oh, and I've gone back through every single rift to make sure as well. In some cases I've done them 4 times each now. Which is not fun at all!

Shockingly, having come here to be frustrated about things. I'm now one of the few accounts that's been successful with 2 of the Sandswept Isles rifts... the 2 that start nearest to [Atholma Waypoint] (one is in the bay, one is at the tip of the The Iron Whale). So I've finished the achievement, but with a different set of successful rifts to others, perhaps it is account bound after all?

And just to help frustrate others, I had completed both of these multiple times before the one I've just done was eventually successful. So, maybe just keep trying guys? :(