Performance issues on Mac Pro 16" (2019)

Hi,

I just got a new Mac book Pro16", 8 core, running an AMD Pro 5500M 4 gb ddr6. I have the game on a Lacie external SSD Drive connected via usb-c. I am running it on the MacOs. For some reason even on low video setting the game is choppy, and when I spin the camera it lags. Is this normal? Is there something I can do to improve the gameplay? Even looking around on the map is slow and choppy.0

@"Danny Cobian.9503" said:Hi,

I just got a new Mac book Pro16", 8 core, running an AMD Pro 5500M 4 gb ddr6. I have the game on a Lacie external SSD Drive connected via usb-c. I am running it on the MacOs. For some reason even on low video setting the game is choppy, and when I spin the camera it lags. Is this normal? Is there something I can do to improve the gameplay? Even looking around on the map is slow and choppy.0

Hi Danny -

I'm very new to the game myself, whilst also being a PC and Mac owner, though I font game on the latter. That being said, I'm pretty sure your MBP is more than capable of running the game - so I'd estimate your experiance is not typical for your hardware.

Theres a dedicated Mac feedback thread here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/666/feedback-guild-wars-2-mac-64-bit-client

You may find some information or at least will be able to provide your feedback here, and hopefully get the dedicated support you need.

• 4 months later...

Hi Danny,

Pretty late to the conversation but was checking to see if you had any progress. I have experienced the same issues and have tried numerous in-game graphic settings combinations. ( We have the same mbp 16 configs ). Currently, the only way I am able to play the game is by boot camping into windows and playing on the "Best Performance" settings.

This allows the game to be playable with a minimal amount of hiccups. I am able to wvw with minimal lag spikes on queued servers. I have tried using virtual machines such as parallels and VM but the performance was just as bad as the native mac client. So far boot camping seems to be the best option. Also, I would advise that you get some sort of fan control software, mbp hates to be hot lol. I have my fans at full blast when playing and that seems to help quite a bit.

On a side note, I was able to get taco running through boot camp, but was unable to get other addons such as Radial Mount Menu and Arcdps running.

Best of luck and feel free to share any tips on how to get this to run on the mac os natively as I'd prefer not having to reboot my system every time I want to play GW2.

PS- My game is installed on the internal HD, not sure if that improves performance at all.

PPS - I'm on the waiting list for https://shadow.tech/usen/ I will let everyone know if this is a viable option once I get in.

• 2 months later...

the game runs poorly on Windows, my hackintosh (10900k + 5700XT) and my mbp 2019 (i7) barley output 30fps in lion's arch. performance is a bit better in Windows (same machines) but still wouldn't advise you to play this game on Mac. WoW runs flawless at 60fps on high settings in crowded areas