Illuminated Boreal Weapons: WTH FOR REAL?!?!

Milea.6043

@"Von Dobbs.9072" said:I also contacted the Arenanet support service and I received this email (translated from French):

"Regarding the problem you are experiencing, we inform you that Arena Net is doing these investigations and is working to place a more efficient method for the recovery of these objects that you miss in game. We have no news for the moment no specific time this procedure will take but please wait for our team to update you. "

I am disappointed to see that the reactions of the support service, faced with an identical problem, are different depending on the people.

Some received their weapons quickly, others like me have to wait for a hypothetical solution ...

I find this unfair and absolutely unprofessional.

@iwanpompier.5612 said:i also finally got a reply and did not get weapons back :(

I would (politely) escalate or at least reply linking this thread. They can't set a precedent for some and take it away for others on an arbitrary basis

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They themselves link this thread!

Here is the entire message:

"Regarding the problem you are experiencing, we inform you that Arena Net is doing these investigations and is working to place a more efficient method for the recovery of these objects that you miss in game. We have no news for the moment nor the precise time that this procedure will take but please wait while our team announces the latest news to you.You can consult the following link for updates on the subject in question:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1144703/#Comment_1144703

We appreciate your patience during this time and we remain at your disposal for any other question or problem encountered (:

Regards,

GM Ashtzel"

It seems to me that, faced with a fairly serious problem in the game, the reaction of the support service should have been consistent and identical for each of the players concerned.

I am uncomfortable with this situation where some players received their weapons quickly, and others did not.

Why such a disparity?

Alas, I did not get them returned. I guess since they've decided to come up with an in game method (that likely will take yet more resources/time on our parts unless there is a one-time free replacement), they aren't going to keep on just restoring them like the lucky early ticket folks did. At least I got a nice warm tone in my boilerplate compared to others before me in this thread :) I guess I'll just work on assembling mats, it's not like I have all the ingots needed yet. And I did manage not to salvage four of the weapons so I can upgrade those while I wait for the others to be available.

Hello there (my name here),I understand you salvaged / vendored the Restored Boreal Weapons. I am sorry about that!We are currently in the process of looking into an alternative method for players to reobtain these weapons.
In the meantime, please keep an eye on the forum thread here for updates, as they will likely have updates there before we do here :phttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96415/illuminated-boreal-weapons-wth-for-real/We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!(✿◠‿◠)Regards,GM FictionGuild Wars 2 Support Team

[suggestion]

Why just not create a NPC that checks if the player already have the restored skins unlocked (because some people made them to sell instead of bind them for the collection), and then, the player can receive ONE of each type of the weapons that they actually unlocked previously ?Also make the retrieved weapons account bound on pick up or else the market will be flooded with the weapons.

@"Donari.5237" said:Alas, I did not get them returned. I guess since they've decided to come up with an in game method (that likely will take yet more resources/time on our parts unless there is a one-time free replacement), they aren't going to keep on just restoring them like the lucky early ticket folks did. At least I got a nice warm tone in my boilerplate compared to others before me in this thread :) I guess I'll just work on assembling mats, it's not like I have all the ingots needed yet. And I did manage not to salvage four of the weapons so I can upgrade those while I wait for the others to be available.

Hello there (my name here),I understand you salvaged / vendored the Restored Boreal Weapons. I am sorry about that!We are currently in the process of looking into an alternative method for players to reobtain these weapons.

In the meantime, please keep an eye on the forum thread here for updates, as they will likely have updates there before we do here :p
We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!(✿◠‿◠)Regards,GM FictionGuild Wars 2 Support Team

I got the exact same reply from GM Fiction.I responded saying that I hope the proposed solution is as easy and cost-free as offered to others that had their weapons replaced by GM Fiction.

We will see.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Donari.5237" said:Alas, I did not get them returned. I guess since they've decided to come up with an in game method (that likely will take yet more resources/time on our parts unless there is a one-time free replacement), they aren't going to keep on just restoring them like the lucky early ticket folks did. At least I got a nice warm tone in my boilerplate compared to others before me in this thread :) I guess I'll just work on assembling mats, it's not like I have all the ingots needed yet. And I did manage not to salvage four of the weapons so I can upgrade those while I wait for the others to be available.

In the meantime, please keep an eye on the forum thread here for updates, as they will likely have updates there before we do here :p
We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!(✿◠‿◠)Regards,GM FictionGuild Wars 2 Support Team

I got the exact same reply from GM Fiction.I responded saying that I hope the proposed solution is as easy and cost-free as offered to others that had their weapons replaced by GM Fiction.

We will see.

I know some folks that got their weapons restored, then promptly sold them, planning on crafting them again with the presumably cheaper incoming method. I guess Anet decided to cut that off.

@Hashberry.4510 said:

We will see.

I know some folks that got their weapons restored, then promptly sold them, planning on crafting them again with the presumably cheaper incoming method. I guess Anet decided to cut that off.

Great no wonder they stoped restoring them, some people just have to ruin it for the rest. ( my weapons are still in the mail waiting for me to do the story and get materials for achiv)

EditImo anet should just remove the gold from those people that sold them and let the ones who bought them keep the weapons.Cant be that many that did it so should be easy to track the blt history.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:This is the first time they have actually used the word upgradable correctly.

These problems wouldn't happen if Anet was consistent with how they've done rewards in the past. No previous "upgrade" set has needed the previous equipment as a material to craft them. Astral/Stellar weapons. Elegy/Requiem armor. Dragonsblood weapons. Mist Shard armor.

Aren't you forgetting about the Craftsman backpacks?And in a sense, you need to upgrade Precursors, too. Although the necessary parts are salvaged from prior versions.

The craftsman packs didn't launch at different times.

If T1 to T2 did not require the physical weapon, why would T3 Boreal? That's utterly inconsistent within the set itself let alone compared to other living story episodes. By requiring the physical weapon it also screws with the economy since T3 / Illuminated are accountbound. The pricing is more in line with ascended as well.

Legendary weapons need the ascended precursor, but these are exotics.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:This is the first time they have actually used the word upgradable correctly.

These problems wouldn't happen if Anet was consistent with how they've done rewards in the past. No previous "upgrade" set has needed the previous equipment as a material to craft them. Astral/Stellar weapons. Elegy/Requiem armor. Dragonsblood weapons. Mist Shard armor.

Aren't you forgetting about the Craftsman backpacks?And in a sense, you need to upgrade Precursors, too. Although the necessary parts are salvaged from prior versions.

Craftsman backpacks are not advertised as "upgrades" sets. Precursors say they are used to make a legendary directly on the item. So neither of these examples count long before thinking about them.

I too sent an support ticket to Anet yesterday at 12:03 UK time, asking for the entire set to be restored, since I just salvaged them. They were made purely for the achievement since all of my characters have better gear. I did get a prompt response at 20:28 UK time (not a bad turn around rate) from one of the GM as below.

Hello there XXXXXX ,

I understand you salvaged / vendored the Restored Boreal Weapons. I am sorry about that!

We are currently in the process of looking into an alternative method for players to reobtain these weapons.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96415/illuminated-boreal-weapons-wth-for-real/

We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!(✿◠‿◠)

Regards,

GM FictionGuild Wars 2 Support Team

I'll wait, since its not the end of the world and I'm sure it will be sorted out. However, what is slightly concerning having read through this thread, is the fact that despite all customers being equal, some are being treated differently to others. If some have had all of their weapons restored, then that should apply equally across the board.

@"Andy.5981" said:I too sent an support ticket to Anet yesterday at 12:03 UK time, asking for the entire set to be restored, since I just salvaged them. They were made purely for the achievement since all of my characters have better gear. I did get a prompt response at 20:28 UK time (not a bad turn around rate) from one of the GM as below.

Hello there XXXXXX ,

I understand you salvaged / vendored the Restored Boreal Weapons. I am sorry about that!

We are currently in the process of looking into an alternative method for players to reobtain these weapons.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96415/illuminated-boreal-weapons-wth-for-real/

We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!(✿◠‿◠)

Regards,

GM FictionGuild Wars 2 Support Team

I'll wait, since its not the end of the world and I'm sure it will be sorted out. However, what is slightly concerning having read through this thread, is the fact that despite all customers being equal, some are being treated differently to others. If some have had all of their weapons restored, then that should apply equally across the board.

Guess you dident read through the thread or you would have seen why they dont restore anymore.Im one of two who got it restored in this thread.

@Linken.6345 said:

We will see.

Great no wonder they stoped restoring them, some people just have to ruin it for the rest. ( my weapons are still in the mail waiting for me to do the story and get materials for achiv)

EditImo anet should just remove the gold from those people that sold them and let the ones who bought them keep the weapons.Cant be that many that did it so should be easy to track the blt history.