Revenant vs. Warrior?

TheAgedGnome.7520

I've been trying to get familiar with Revenant, and am currently pretty happy with a supporty Ventari Herald, and a sword/sword Herald (Her/Dev/Inv). I've not played much with Renegade yet.

While the sword/sword Rev is pretty good, in the back of my mind I'm having a hard time finding much uniqueness to set it apart from an axe/axe Spellbreaker, or Warrior in general. Yes, the legend swapping is unique, but it just feels....kinda like Rev is a Warrior with the attunement swapping of an Ele.

In support/healing, Herald Ventari different from Druid different from Scourge. But for DPS builds, I'm not feeling a profound uniqueness. What am I missing?

Youre kind of bound to find the power DPS playstyle a bit boring. No weapon swaping, mostly (not all) upkeeping...not much to do besides spam AA, 2, 4, and 5.

Im making an assumption were talking about PvE. I'd say do ahead give the condition DPS build a try if your willing to gear it up, unless you wanna stay a support. Weapon swapping between SB and mace/axe, and legend swapping, managing energy to proc charged mists, feels pretty unique and fun personally.

There exists a power DPS Renegade (not alacrigade) as well that takes advantage of Charged Mists, but im unfamiliar with it as i prefer to stick with the condi build.

• 3 weeks later...

Since you're already on the Herald route I've had a good bit of luck on the dps + survival side of things with sword/shield swap to mace/axe.Most of my damage is mace/axe.
Glint+JalisSalvation/Retribution/HeraldI was looking for trait/skill/weapon synergy when I started (I don't have pc/rig access at the moment or I'd provide better details)

Basically I upkeep swiftness/might/regenInitiate with mace, and as much as possible I cue mace2 + swiftness facet for the constant damage pulsing.

Then I typically turn all facets on, pop them all immediately, and hit facet of nature and keep that going.

When in doubt you can time it so you weapon swap, (mind your sigils) + elite upkeep for protection + weapon swap + shield 4 + facet of nature

@doogal.9368 said:Since you're already on the Herald route I've had a good bit of luck on the dps + survival side of things with sword/shield swap to mace/axe.Most of my damage is mace/axe.

Glint+JalisSalvation/Retribution/HeraldI was looking for trait/skill/weapon synergy when I started (I don't have pc/rig access at the moment or I'd provide better details)

Basically I upkeep swiftness/might/regenInitiate with mace, and as much as possible I cue mace2 + swiftness facet for the constant damage pulsing.

Then I typically turn all facets on, pop them all immediately, and hit facet of nature and keep that going.

When in doubt you can time it so you weapon swap, (mind your sigils) + elite upkeep for protection + weapon swap + shield 4 + facet of nature

edit: superior runes of fury + diviner gear