The Fundamental Problem with GW2

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@"KeoLegend.5132" said:Nah. I think is fine as it is and the customization it gives. Not too complex and not too insignificant.

Of course you do, which is why you play the game now. The vast majority of the game's players over the years have not stuck with it - my argument is this is a big part of the reason why.

Maybe or not ... the question is if they would come back if it was changed ... that's an experiment not worth the risk to perform.

I actually don't see the dichotomy you present ... there are LOTS of builds that accomplish 'success' in the game without being put 'on-the-rail' so to speak. It's only metapushing players that enforce that philosophy that cause the actual game design to be challenged. The game itself is IMO, well designed to allow a wide range of 'do what you want' players to win doing what they want.

I disagree, because of things like not even being able to customize your weapon skills, or having no real opportunities for class "advancement" outside of just HP grinding out one of the two elite specs at your disposal. I think your first point is definitely salient - there's always risk with overhauling something that's been in place for years. But sometimes I think it's really important, especially since it's really starting to feel like GW2 doesn't have that much to lose.

OK .. but these aren't changes the game deviated from and lost players ... they just never existed. No players ever left because of features the game never had because those players never had the expectation for them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic