Horrendous FPS since last patch.

Even in lone areas, as long there is some npc visible, my fps drop to 19-25.

What did you do Anet? Why is my pc struggling all of a sudden? Do you not want me to play your game? I was only logging in to do daily but not even that I want to do now.

Specs:

win7i7 4760Sgtx 1050 ti with latest drivers (I reversed it to prev drivers but it was the same)8 GB ramssd 240gb

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Hmm, I have the same specs, but with an i5 and no issues.

Perhaps, a Windows update, or some other software/hardware/path to server(s) issue?

Nah I never update my windows lol. It's windows 7 anyways.

For comparison, my laptop (windows 10) with worse, but similar stats (i5 9300, gtx 1050ti, 8gb ram, 500gb ssd) has none of these issues. In the exact same desolate spot of southsun cove I break 60 fps with it, while with my PC I can get 60 looking at the sea / horizon, but when I look at the island, 20 fps.

Delete %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and if it exists, Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat. This will reset some of the caches, along with your local settings (graphics, sound, login).

Disable/remove any mods/enhancers and select to clean install your graphics drivers if you didn't already.

If it's still a problem, check the CPU and GPU usage, and use GPU-Z to check the speed of the bus interface (should be x8 or higher). A slower interface speed will severely impact GW2 without really affecting other games.

@Razor.6392 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Hmm, I have the same specs, but with an i5 and no issues.

Perhaps, a Windows update, or some other software/hardware/path to server(s) issue?

For comparison, my laptop (windows 10) with worse, but similar stats (i5 9300, gtx 1050ti, 8gb ram, 500gb ssd) has none of these issues. In the exact same desolate spot of southsun cove I break 60 fps with it, while with my PC I can get 60 looking at the sea / horizon, but when I look at the island, 20 fps.

I think you might be onto something with your own post tbh... Windows 7. Not hating, but need I say more?

@Juka.9103 said:

I think you might be onto something with your own post tbh... Windows 7. Not hating, but need I say more?

Yeah except for the fact that it was running well until this patch.

Smh...

I would say that this is not exactly game's problem but rather involvement of some other app that uses hardware acceleration or overlay, Discord for example. Instead of normal parameters, GW2 game engine write in it's own cache parameters given by hardware acceleration app, creating fps drops as result.

Hardware acceleration - that nasty thing that allow apps like Firefox, Chrome, Discord, Skype to use GPU in their own benefit, for faster calculations. But when you play a 3D game, it will be better to leave GPU resources to that game. If you have sudden FPS drops, that means some hardware acceleration app in background did something with GPU variables and they were put inccorectly into your game's cache.