So now that we know how many episodes we are getting, lets speculate on where the other maps will be

Sajuuk Khar.1509

Thanks to "That Shaman" we now know there are 9 slots in the Icebrood Saga portal tome. One for the prologue, and the other 8 for the rest of the season episodes.https://twitter.com/that_shaman/status/1222513313118150657

Re-watching the Icebood Sage trailer, we see

1. Charr lands
  2. The Shiverpeaks
  3. Centaurs in what is likely the Woodland Cascades
  4. Some watery area with a sinking ship

Presuming Anet is going to stick with this "release a map in one patch, then expand on it in the next one, then move on to a new map" thing we saw with Bjora Marches, we are going to get two episodes in the Woodland Cascades, most likely in the arena bordering the Shiverpeaks, and another two in the Far Shiverpeaks, somewhere between Bjora Marches and Bitterfrost Frontier, when we go fight Jormag.

That still leave one set of episode unaccounted for however. Maybe we will get another map in the Charr lands to deal with some sort of minor civil war caused by Bangar's action?

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

@"Sajuuk Khar.1509" said:Thanks to "That Shaman" we now know there are 9 slots in the Icebrood Saga portal tome. One for the prologue, and the other 8 for the rest of the season episodes.

Did they use two slots for Bjora Marches? Because if not, we could be looking at up to seventeen episodes.

If you go into that twitter feed, there's a bit of explanation for that. Or at least some speculative explanation

Going by the teaser and what we've seen so far, I think we'll have:

0: Grothmar1: Bjora2: I'm not sure why we would go, but I could see another Charr map. Maybe near the burning forest?3: Eye of the north hub like Sun's Refuge4: Connected to the hub will be a new map containing Eye of the North5: Due to the scrying pool and some discovery of Aurene we wind up in search of something or someone (still surviving seers or mursaat or something?) in Woodland Cascades. Or we go here to find something because of the talk we finally got to finish with Jormag in the episode before this one.

1. We follow whatever mid season plot twist towards either the Isles of Janthir - thus sinking ship - or south and make our way towards Dragonfall and Scavenger's Causeway/Orr because the nice little magic land that got plopped into the ocean has caused Bubbles to become a little more aggressive.
  2. New undiscovered island far in the ocean.
  3. Expanse on that island that leads into Cantha.

ORThey could wind up bringing Primordus in as a curve ball and we stick to the mountains and underground - but Primordus was still far south of where we are now.

ORRRRSome of those tome slots are actually there for the visions they plan on adding. Instead of assuming that we need to go to the scrying hub in Eye of the North, we may just get tomes that allow us to teleport to those instances and play through them as those characters in open world maps. I find this a little less likely but I suppose it's a possibility.