Download refuses to proceed! Please help!! [Merged]

The log you posted only shows that the launcher was started. GW2 only periodically writes to the log and on exit, so you need to let it download for at least a few minutes, then exit. If you did do this and it still looks like that, then GW2 is failing to even create a connection, which was what the QoS/IPv6 problem looked like.

If you haven't tried it yet, try launching with:-image -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 -patchconnections 1(only use this while stuck)

what is this youre doing? i dont understand one bit of it.. how do i launch it witht hat code?

@"Silverviper.5128" said:what is this youre doing? i dont understand one bit of it.. how do i launch it witht hat code?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Right click your GW2 shortcut and select properties. You add the options to the end of the target, making it look something like this:

"C:\Example\Gw2-64.exe" -image -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 -patchconnections 1

Also, most people can just use the "-assetsrv 54.84.216.160" part of it.

so i cant leave it on cuse it makes my internet crash on the pc and make me reset my router.

This is generally caused by opening too many connections (tracked by the NAT), causing the router to run out of memory and crash/reboot. Normally GW2 would open 10 connections and reuse them, but it's probably abandoning the connection and opening a new one instead when it fails a download. It shouldn't be enough to crash a newer router (>10k connections), whereas it's easy to crash older ones (~100 connections).

@Healix.5819 said:

If you haven't tried it yet, try launching with:-image -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 -patchconnections 1(only use this while stuck)

Deleted the GW2 cache and disabled QoS before trying this and IT WORKED! The -assetsrv argument alone did not work in my case, so the rest seems to be important.

Remember to switch back to the regular launcher after getting past the file you are stuck on - for speed.

@Healix.5819 said:

@"glyph.6120" said:I am also getting stuck on the file that's supposedly 42822986 (bytes?) large, same as one of the above posters.

If it's a server problem, you should simply be able to launch the game with either:-assetsrv 54.84.216.160-assetsrv 52.202.5.88(you can exit and relaunch after it downloads a few files, since using this will be slower)

If that's still stuck, delete Local.dat (under %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/ and/or Documents/Guild Wars 2/) and all gw2cache folders (under %temp%), then use the above option again. If that's still stuck, something is interfering with your connection (
).

(see
if you want to test this file in your browser - you have the same problem)

looks like it works with -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 for me so big thumbs up for that

Thank you Healix.

Being trying to update all day after a new build of my system and it just was going nowhere.

it is now at least downloading but it is very slow. Still goes from 3MB to 0 and then starts again but at least the files remaining figure is actually moving downwards now.

Oh well only 237503 to go

@Ran LongClaw.8031 said:

Delete Local.dat (found under %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/ and optionally under Documents/Guild Wars 2/) and all gw2cache folders under the %temp% folder, then launch with:

-log -image -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 -patchconnections 1

If it's still stuck, let it sit for 10+ minutes (while stuck), then exit and check the log. If it's not, let it download a few files, then exit and patch normally; repeat if necessary.

Spent days literally looking up forum responses on how to fix this problem. Support team tried to help me before just telling me to contact my ISP becuase it's definitely their problem. THIS bloody advice is all I needed. I'll admit it's a bit tedious swapping back to delete appdata files and putting argument lines back in to the launch target, but hey this worked for me where all else failed. Thanks dude!

This fixed it for me too, Thanks so much

Hello guys, just another person with installation issues here. It first got stuck on 53% and I tried downloading it over again like 4-5 times but nothing. After this thread I tried the QoS thing wich got me past 53% but instead got stuck on 90% wich is driving me nuts. I'm in contact with the support team atm but still nothing.

You guys were talking about -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 something? Can anyone give me a full descripstion on this? What do I change/download/fix?

@"Carolinecelsius.6489" said:Hello guys, just another person with installation issues here. It first got stuck on 53% and I tried downloading it over again like 4-5 times but nothing. After this thread I tried the QoS thing wich got me past 53% but instead got stuck on 90% wich is driving me nuts. I'm in contact with the support team atm but still nothing.

You guys were talking about -assetsrv 54.84.216.160 something? Can anyone give me a full descripstion on this? What do I change/download/fix?

Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to necro this post, but I have tried everything here, and even tried using a VPN to download. The game downloads past playable, but then stopped at 86%, now when I restart the launcher, it just hangs at 0% and no files are downloaded, despite it showing a download speed. I have tried everything here and am at a loss.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I was having the same problem when attempting to install the game in my laptop.  How it was fixed for me was:

I created a new allowance to let the game through the firewall, then started the game and selected the "auto-play" box and the game loaded.  While inside the game whenever I had to got to an area that hasn't been downloaded, I would choose to download it and I would be on my way.  The area downloads in the game are very fast, less than 20 seconds in most cases.  I did not download every zone in one session, nor did I download all game files while in game, I simply played the game normally then logged out.  After I left the game and restated the launcher it resumed downloading the rest of the game the normal way, but very slowly.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Rescind.7053

A friend convinced me to give GW2 another chance. Been playing for a lot of years on and off. But I try and install and it stops at 17% every time. I have tried the fixes that I have seen on the forums with no luck. Arena net, this is truly embarrassing. I've been basically forced to take breaks from this game because yall treat WvW like absolute trash and now you can't even install the game. We have all given this company soo many chances... it's like they just want it all to fail...

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2