Question regarding Spellbreaker and Berserker.

ancafr.9274

Can you guys correct me if I am wrong please. Is it spellbreak for/more focused PVP and berserker PVE? I know berserker focus more on PVE, is it possible to make a power build for PVE spellbreak? I dont wanna spend/waste points focusing the wrong Espec to regret later and have to make another character because I dont have time to do the both Espec at once.

But in few words would be berserker PVE and spellbreak PVP?

@"ancafr.9274" said:Can you guys correct me if I am wrong please. Is it spellbreak for/more focused PVP and berserker PVE? I know berserker focus more on PVE, is it possible to make a power build for PVE spellbreak? I dont wanna spend/waste points focusing the wrong Espec to regret later and have to make another character because I dont have time to do the both Espec at once.

Both specs can do both content just fine. If you're talking about what is most "meta" though, then yeah, that's a fair assumption. Spellbreaker outshines berserker in sustain in PvP due to fullcounter and magebane tether+ might makes right. Berserker should always out damage spellbreaker in a PvE senario though it's not as survivable. You can play both in either though and do just fine. I would go with the one you think you'll enjoy the most and make it work.

Expand on PvE

If it's just open world pve then power spb is fine. Berserker for open world is also great.I use both specs depending on situation

If its pve content like t4 or raids then berserker for sure

PvP

Both can be used but current meta would still be spb over berserker. But in saying that I have been pretty successful using berserker builds in pvp

Just look into what you want to focus on and go from there.Imo berserker is more fun than spb

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@"ancafr.9274" said:Can you guys correct me if I am wrong please. Is it spellbreak for/more focused PVP and berserker PVE? I know berserker focus more on PVE, is it possible to make a power build for PVE spellbreak? I dont wanna spend/waste points focusing the wrong Espec to regret later and have to make another character because I dont have time to do the both Espec at once.

Both specs can do both content just fine. If you're talking about what is most "meta" though, then yeah, that's a fair assumption. Spellbreaker outshines berserker in sustain in PvP due to fullcounter and magebane tether+ might makes right. Berserker should always out damage spellbreaker in a PvE senario though it's not as survivable. You can play both in either though and do just fine. I would go with the one you think you'll enjoy the most and make it work.

I see thanks, I'll probably go for zerker since I already tested in pvp lobby and i liked, but I'll test again to make sure. Once I deleted a lv 80 renegade because i didnt like it. If went for herald i probably would still have the char cuz herald is much more helpfull specially WvW, so I dont want commity the same mistake again just like I said I dont have time to farm for 600 HP for a single character beside main.

@ancafr.9274 said:Can you guys correct me if I am wrong please. Is it spellbreak for/more focused PVP and berserker PVE? I know berserker focus more on PVE, is it possible to make a power build for PVE spellbreak? I dont wanna spend/waste points focusing the wrong Espec to regret later and have to make another character because I dont have time to do the both Espec at once.

I really only Pvp so here's my 2 cents.

Berserker is the prefered war spec for raids over spellbreaker in most cases unless there is a need for boon removing. You still run banners.

Spellbreaker is the best warrior spec for Pvp due to it's sustain, mitigation, boon removal and how that plays into warrior's role as a side noder

Berserker has the most potential damage of any warrior spec but lacks severely in the sustain department. Warrior isn't a team fighter or a dps as far as Pvp is concerned. You're expected to hold nodes and survive outnumbered fights for a decent anount of time.

Berserker is terribly predictable as it has the same problem Reaper does. Your damage is gated by your big scary mode and nobody wants to stick around for it. So they will kite you or lock you down. Warrior as a spec relies on landing burst skills for sustain and when you're locked out of Berserk wether by the 30 adren requirement or the CD you are going to be hurting for heals.

Berserker also has to build to capitalize on it's damage either by being tanky enough to use Berserk or to go all in as a one trick glass cannon. When compared to spellbreaker with it's built in mitigation and freedom to build for damage the difference in effectiveness is fairly stark.

All in all berserker is still a load of fun to play casually in unranked but spellbreaker is better for ranked.

@Tycura.1982 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:Can you guys correct me if I am wrong please. Is it spellbreak for/more focused PVP and berserker PVE? I know berserker focus more on PVE, is it possible to make a power build for PVE spellbreak? I dont wanna spend/waste points focusing the wrong Espec to regret later and have to make another character because I dont have time to do the both Espec at once.

I really only Pvp so here's my 2 cents.

Berserker is the prefered war spec for raids over spellbreaker in most cases unless there is a need for boon removing. You still run banners.

Spellbreaker is the best warrior spec for Pvp due to it's sustain, mitigation, boon removal and how that plays into warrior's role as a side noder

Berserker has the most potential damage of any warrior spec but lacks severely in the sustain department. Warrior isn't a team fighter or a dps as far as Pvp is concerned. You're expected to hold nodes and survive outnumbered fights for a decent anount of time.

Berserker is terribly predictable as it has the same problem Reaper does. Your damage is gated by your big scary mode and nobody wants to stick around for it. So they will kite you or lock you down. Warrior as a spec relies on landing burst skills for sustain and when you're locked out of Berserk wether by the 30 adren requirement or the CD you are going to be hurting for heals.

Berserker also has to build to capitalize on it's damage either by being tanky enough to use Berserk or to go all in as a one trick glass cannon. When compared to spellbreaker with it's built in mitigation and freedom to build for damage the difference in effectiveness is fairly stark.

All in all berserker is still a load of fun to play casually in unranked but spellbreaker is better for ranked.

Well I dont really do PVP and when I do is 99% WvW over PVP, I only do PVP if the dailies are REALLY REALLY HARD to do or there is no other option but only PVP left and even so I'd probably would use my Deye thief cause is the pvp class I'm most used(and like it) so is more PVE. I went to zerser and I do not regret one bit is really fun to play but the sustain isnt as good as if were core warrior since we lose one trait that could be used for more dmg or sustain to use zerker.

@ancafr.9274 said:Well I dont really do PVP and when I do is 99% WvW over PVP, I only do PVP if the dailies are REALLY REALLY HARD to do or there is no other option but only PVP left and even so I'd probably would use my Deye thief cause is the pvp class I'm most used(and like it) so is more PVE. I went to zerser and I do not regret one bit is really fun to play but the sustain isnt as good as if were core warrior since we lose one trait that could be used for more dmg or sustain to use zerker.

Which trait are you referring to? One traitline you meant?If you take defense, strength, berserk, you have all sustain you need. Tactics could provide more for core, but most would pick discipline anyway.You can still take discipline instead of defense if you confortable enough.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@ancafr.9274 said:Well I dont really do PVP and when I do is 99% WvW over PVP, I only do PVP if the dailies are REALLY REALLY HARD to do or there is no other option but only PVP left and even so I'd probably would use my Deye thief cause is the pvp class I'm most used(and like it) so is more PVE. I went to zerser and I do not regret one bit is really fun to play but the sustain isnt as good as if were core warrior since we lose one trait that could be used for more dmg or sustain to use zerker.

Which trait are you referring to? One traitline you meant?If you take defense, strength, berserk, you have all sustain you need. Tactics could provide more for core, but most would pick discipline anyway.You can still take discipline instead of defense if you confortable enough.

I meant specialization xD, this game has so much content that i mistake sometimes.

Berserker (Power/Condi) is mostly getting advantage when you are going to PvE, but sometimes in WvW mode people also playing Power berserker in Zerg, they have quite burst damage but you have to know how to play it, because they are build for mostly full damage so squishier than Spellbreaker which usually build for Bruiser type.

Spellbreaker mostly getting advantage when you are going into PvP/WvW, but doesn't mean it's useless for PvE, there are case at fractal when you encounter "No Pain No Gain" instability, Spellbreaker can remove the boon consistently from Adds and Boss. Going open world with spellbreaker is not bad too if you are leveling/world completion.

• 3 weeks later...