New E-Specs in 2020?

@"Zexanima.7851" said:Can't calculate the odds but anet has made no hints that there will ever be any more especs. They said "expansion level content" but that in no way means "especs".

What's more "expansion level" than e-specs?I think we just need another round of them. 3 especs for each class would be perfect

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@"Zexanima.7851" said:Can't calculate the odds but anet has made no hints that there will ever be any more especs. They said "expansion level content" but that in no way means "especs".

What's more "expansion level" than e-specs?I think we just need another round of them. 3 especs for each class would be perfect

I would agree with you but I dont think anet sees it that way. So far, "expansion level" has meant masteries that just unlock chests/portals, strike missions, and some new maps. 3 for each profession? That's asking too much for even an expansion.

In all serious, it is difficult to tell. Releasing them in stages cant work, so we have to get them in one lump. We have a 900 skill balance patch coming in the next couple of months - that could help pave the way for new elites. Or it could signal elites are done and they are focused on sorting what exists out going forward.

Im not expecting to see any outside of a proper large scale content drop if we ever get those again. They are struggling to deliver right now and Im unconvinced they are able squeeze elites in even if they want to.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:Can't calculate the odds but anet has made no hints that there will ever be any more especs. They said "expansion level content" but that in no way means "especs".

I would agree with you but I dont think anet sees it that way. So far, "expansion level" has meant masteries that just unlock chests/portals, strike missions, and some new maps. 3 for each profession? That's asking too much for even an expansion.Well, Im asking for just one espec for each class. With the previous ones we will have 3 for each. They can release them as paid content outside of the LW episodes they give out for free.

@Randulf.7614 said:In all serious, it is difficult to tell. Releasing them in stages cant work, so we have to get them in one lump. We have a 900 skill balance patch coming in the next couple of months - that could help pave the way for new elites. Or it could signal elites are done and they are focused on sorting what exists out going forward.

Im not expecting to see any outside of a proper large scale content drop if we ever get those again. They are struggling to deliver right now and Im unconvinced they are able squeeze elites in even if they want to.

They can sell them individually. LW episodes = login to get for free. Icebrood Saga especs = pay. Seems fair to me.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:Can't calculate the odds but anet has made no hints that there will ever be any more especs. They said "expansion level content" but that in no way means "especs".

I would agree with you but I dont think anet sees it that way. So far, "expansion level" has meant masteries that just unlock chests/portals, strike missions, and some new maps. 3 for each profession? That's asking too much for even an expansion.Well, Im asking for just one espec for each class. With the previous ones we will have 3 for each. They can release them as paid content outside of the LW episodes they give out for free.

Ah, well, either way. I think (almost) everyone has come to the conclusion "We would really really x100 really like new especs but I doubt it will ever happen". I've found when it come to content releases anet leaves me floating in this pool of doubt and disappointment, so best not to hope for anything in particular.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Ah, well, either way. I think (almost) everyone has come to the conclusion "We would really really x100 really like new especs but I doubt it will ever happen". I've found when it come to content releases anet leaves me floating in this pool of doubt and disappointment, so best not to hope for anything in particular.

Would you pay for a new round of e-specs?

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:In all serious, it is difficult to tell. Releasing them in stages cant work, so we have to get them in one lump. We have a 900 skill balance patch coming in the next couple of months - that could help pave the way for new elites. Or it could signal elites are done and they are focused on sorting what exists out going forward.

They can sell them individually. LW episodes = login to get for free. Icebrood Saga especs = pay. Seems fair to me.

I 100% disagree with the concept of buying elites. I dont really believe Anet would stoop that low either. A future new player is going to baulk at buying expacs, living world and then on top of that new trait lines as well.

No, they cant sell elites. The backlash would be tremendous I am certain of that

I have been running with the unfounded and over-optimistic speculation that we will. If we were to see them in this LS it would be earliest in EP3/4.

Unfounded reasons:

• They said expansion level content, and yes to me that new e-specs
  • We had a reveal of elite style icons that was data-mined
  • They are doing a large balance patch to tone everything we have now down, and they did similar balances before HoT & PoF elites
  • NPCs foreshadowing classes using different weapons

I am not looking to raise anyone else's expectation, go with no and you will be happier.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

Totally, and (completely personal conjecture) I think a lot of people would. That's not enough though. It's much easier for them to farm the gem store with a few skins every now and then than to work hard on new especs that will probably have a much smaller profit margin.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

Well if you look at what "expansion level" actually means you will figure out that you don't want elite specs with this saga.Just look at the "Masteries" Something like open a chest or float enemies for a second but only if they are not powerfull at all.

You Elite specs would be something like on critical hit you do 1 point more damage but you also get a blue aura around you.There is a reason why they call if "Expansion Like" content and not expansion.It's like you buy a "car like vehicle" instead a car

@Randulf.7614 said:

I 100% disagree with the concept of buying elites. I dont really believe Anet would stoop that low either. A future new player is going to baulk at buying expacs, living world and then on top of that new trait lines as well.

No, they cant sell elites. The backlash would be tremendous I am certain of that

Well, if you're a new player you get the especs with the LW episodes perhaps? For a slightly larger gem price? It seems easy to me to work out a fair shake for everyone. As someone who logs in daily and gets the. episodes for free Id gladly pay for especs.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:I have been running with the unfounded and over-optimistic speculation that we will. If we were to see them in this LS it would be earliest in EP3/4.

Unfounded reasons:

• They are doing a large balance patch to tone everything we have now down, and they did similar balances before HoT & PoF elites

I am not looking to raise anyone else's expectation, go with no and you will be happier.

You've peaked my interest, what about these data-mined icons and NPC foreshadowing? :open_mouth:

@TheGrimm.5624 said:I have been running with the unfounded and over-optimistic speculation that we will. If we were to see them in this LS it would be earliest in EP3/4.

Unfounded reasons:

HYPE TRAIN ENGAGED!!

?

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Totally, and (completely personal conjecture) I think a lot of people would. That's not enough though. It's much easier for them to farm the gem store with a few skins every now and then than to work hard on new especs that will probably have a much smaller profit margin.

Perhaps the elites wont be available through the gem store and youd have to buy em for hard cash like exapca? Maybe that will make it worth their time? I dunno. I feel like new especs would bring a tsunami of new and returning players.

@Amaranthe.3578 said:

Perhaps the elites wont be available through the gem store and youd have to buy em for hard cash like exapca? Maybe that will make it worth their time? I dunno. I feel like new especs would bring a tsunami of new and returning players.

They would know better than us. They have the data on the last two expansions. Either way I wish they would just give us a hard "Yes/No" so were were not left hanging in this constant cloud of hope and uncertainty.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

They would know better than us. They have the data on the last two expansions. Either way I wish they would just give us a hard "Yes/No" so were were not left hanging in this constant cloud of hope and uncertainty.

Couldn't agree more with that statement.