Drakkar too easy

@kurfu.5623 said:It took my large group about 40 minutes to complete the event last night, it's not too easy... it's tedious.

if it was a little challanging it would be more fun. I dont mind having 40 min of fun. The only reason it feels tidious is because it is too easy. Anet was aiming (they said) for tripple trouble lvl content which this boss isnt really.If you just want 10 min of clapping a golem than there is the usual world boss rotation. This boss was supposed to be a step up. It wasnt. Thats my feedback. (Anet knows how to make a challenging fight i dont need to tell them how in this thread. I just wanted to let them know my criticism.)

managed to finish my daily routine early last night, so started playing the latest LW story. as i was running around filling the green bar in the new area, saw someone called out meta is up and tagged up, so i went to join the tag to see drakkar for the first time after a decade

boy was i disappointed, another one of those 'switch off brain and press 1' type of world boss, just keep on standing at its feet and feet smash itthere is absolutely 0 mechanic that i'm aware of, at least not obvious at all

sure its attacks hit hard, sure it's got a massive healthpool, but these 2 things does not make a boss hard anet, we are not in the 80's... even 80's side scrollers have more interesting boss mechanics than this guy

some of the mechanics I was looking forward to

• as Jormag's whisperer, i was hoping it could turn like 1/2 of the meta participants into enemies, and we need to pick up icicles to knock them out
  • part of drakkar's power that protected it was drawn from the spirits, was hoping for some of tug of war where we use some sort of mechanic to bash the spirits out, and the zerg group will split up into 4 different groups; 3 groups focus on defense to slow the pullback of the spirits, and 1 group focus on bashing dakkar while it is in its weakened state.