The Coolest Mount skin so far

Yeah the new Griffon one sucks, let's talk about the good ones.

I think many of the non top prices one are pretty good. Such as Incarnate Flame, it's better than the 200 gems skin one, especially with the dye channels.

bM0jGIo.jpg

The Awakened set works quite well on Griffon, Jackal and Skimmer. It makes the Griffon's wings look less awkward and the armor is really cool. Jackal becomes so nice with this set for obvious reason.

ZMFaW2e.jpg

pGu2m7M.jpg

TwJbESz.jpg

OO43yqd.jpg

Of course, Grand Lion is a great skin.

As for Raptor I think Dreadnought is the coolest, then Lithosol and Primordial Raptor

Gallant Lightbearer is the only skin I remember trying/hoping to get in my two years here, so I'm happy to give it the recognition (my keys were sadly not lucky). There are many skins I find really cool, but very few invoke the "I want that as a part of my journey".

Cozy Wintersday Mounts Pack on the other hand was the first one I actually got. The price was right, they're fairly varied between the mounts, and I figured four dye channels is enough to give them adequate flexibility to keep using them outside of the Holiday season. (I enjoy Christmas so that was enough "coolness" for me, but the acquisition felt comfortably sensible as well. Plus Griffon's mittens. LOOK AT THEM! I can't have pets now.)

When Aurene grows too powerful to be bothered by some insignificant commander of mortal weaklings, I might see myself going for the Speckled Shortfang skin. It takes a lot away from the fierceness of Skyscales, but boy is it cute. It also helps me remember that I fed the thing, fetched treats and toys all over Tyria for it, and played with it. What it grew into is one sudden movement away from snapping my head off.

I need to start fleshing my characters out more, so I can go "that fits! Gimme!" My main has had the same clothes since the day she hit 80 (trench coat with swampy colours. If you can't beat the Mini Raptors, hide hide hide), I'm rather painfully unfashionable.

While I personally would never buy it, the Primal Spirit jackal skin is gorgeous. It's incredibly creative - a deer (or possibly Irish elk?) skin for the jackal? But somehow it works! Only reason why I won't get it is because it doesn't "fit" any of my characters and I generally don't like displaying over-the-top shiny/eye-catching things anyway - I'm a very plain sort of person. :) I do like admiring pretty things from afar, though.

The coolest "plain" skin, in my opinion? Highlands Harrier for the griffon. I'm not sure what about it is so cool - the design is very simple but bold, even in its default color scheme - but I just love it. I so wish I had this one...darn you, RNG. [shakes fist futilely at the ridiculous odds]

The Magnificent Hummingbird and Dajkah Lantern skins for the skimmer are also cool, though again I'd never get them because they're just a tad too...FLASHY. (But boy did I squeal over the hummingbird skin...I love hummingbirds.)

There's a lot I like, so I'm not going to list them all, but here's a few stand-out ones.

Shiverpeaks pack - I wish they didn't have the mist effect, but it's not too noticable and I love the details on the armour. They're great for characters where I don't want a totally plain mount but don't want flashy effects either. At the other extreme I really like the primeval mounts. They're tricky to dye if you don't want them to look like a lightshow, but I think they can look really cool. And if you do want them to look like a lightshow they're fantastic, especially with those dyes which can be two different colours. I also like the branded mounts which are a good in-between option - depending on the dye they can look almost normal or completely crazy.

For individual skins I really like the bioluminescent skyscale, it's the only one my main character uses and I think it's going to take something really special to replace it.

My favourite dye job so far has to be my Branded mounts which I aimed to make look more Primordus themed.It took a while for the set to be complete but i'm very happy with how they turned out.

Qct7cCC.jpg

I don't want to bloat the post with too many pictures though.So you can see the rest of them here if you're interested in what the whole set looks like.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/95099/thank-you-anet-primordus-themed-mount-set-is-now-complete#latest

This one is a favourite colour combo I use exclusively on my main characters Skyscale.I have not changed this dye job since the day the Shimmerwing skyscale skin was released.To this day I still love how the wings change between bright red and green as it flies and moves around the world.Considering there are so many players with the Shimmerwing skin too I've still never seen another dyed the same way.The only downside to this skin though is that you need to be playing with maxed out Shaders setting otherwise the wings will look completely different more of a ugly Goldenbrown colour.

uktXPK3.jpg

First off, I think only Humans truly look good on Mounts. Let's be honest here, Norn and Charr look absolutely ridiculous on Mounts (those poor animals, makes me think of those mistreated donkeys in Greece that are not allowed to carry passengers over 100 kilo) , Asura just downsize rider and mount too much and Sylvari are just weird.

And I think my Human especially looks good on the Dreadnaught: it makes the raptor look massive and threatening without looking ridiculous. I was surprised to find out there was some controversy about this mount when it was released.

I like the Shrine Guardian but never use my Jackal so that would be a waste. Also like the Nightfang but not using my griffon much either.

I must say thought that sometimes I see one of the cheaper mounts with a good dye-scheme and they look breathtaking! The OP is indeed showing some really good stuff, makes me consider buying one of those cheaper mounts too.

• Sad 1

@Randulf.7614 said:The Dreadnought Raptor might be my fav, although I'm partial to the tiger skins, the hummingbird and the shimmerwing. Anything not draped in luminescence and particle effects which basically ruin the world around them.

I've never thought of them as tiger skins but I love the striped raptor and skimmer. One thing which has taken me a surprisingly long time is putting together a 'set' of mount skins which look just like the originals but with 4 dye channels, and those two are probably my favourites of the ones I've got.

The others are the Banded Wave Fin skimmer, Liminal Moorhound jackal (although I might get the Lucent Sands one when the new licences go on sale), Assault Warclaw, Istani Bald griffon and either Caldera or Flare-marked skyscale. I'm missing a roller beetle but I rarely use it, and having bought the 'armadillo' one because I love pangolins I tend to use that instead.

• 2 weeks later...