Community Appreciation

Murshid.9854

I'm really so happy that I started playing this game and I really regret spending 5000 hours in dota 2 in the previous years, the relaxation I had in 2 months in this game is more than what I had with dota in the last 5 years.

Aside from reddit the community is so nice and so friendly and I never asked a question and got anything other than great noob friendly answers, and ingame whenever I ask for help I get helped always just and barley met any flamers.

Really a great community and even if its late but I'm so proud to join you guys <3

@Murshid.9854 said:I'm really so happy that I started playing this game and I really regret spending 5000 hours in dota 2 in the previous years, the relaxation I had in 2 months in this game is more than what I had with dota in the last 5 years.

Aside from reddit the community is so nice and so friendly and I never asked a question and got anything other than great noob friendly answers, and ingame whenever I ask for help I get helped always just and barley met any flamers.

Really a great community and even if its late but I'm so proud to join you guys <3

Welcome.

Now stay the hell away from Reddit. :)

I'm glad to hear you've had a good experience. :)

I think this community (at least within the game and forum) definitely tries to be more helpful and welcoming than many I've been part of. Whenever someone asks a question the vast majority of responses are relevant, unlike some forums where any useful info will be buried in gif spam, "funny" troll answers that will actually make the problem worse or totally mislead someone, and people mocking the OP for asking a question in the first place. Which leads to a culture where players are afraid to ask a question unless they're certain it's something even experienced players wouldn't know well and would consider worthy of discussion, and that just leaves new players without a way to ask for help and less likely to learn.