What are your hopes and wildest dreams for the upcoming balance patch?

lLobo.7960

So we are waiting on a big balance patch (they said over 700? traits and skill changes).With that much change coming soon, what are some of the trait and skill changes/reworks/swaps that you would love to see for the ele, and why?

My ones:

Make each element minor adept trait give 2 stat bonuses instead of one (since they are on attunement only): fire: power and condition damage; air: ferocity and precision; earth: toughness and expertise; water: soothing mist and healing powerChange smothering auras to give resistance instead of cleansing. - Leave cleansing to water and resisting conditions to fire, giving each one a distinct playstile with different counters instead of more of the same.Give each element traitline two aura traits, one for all auras, one for the element aura : fire: one gives might(3-5) to all auras, other resistance to fire aura; air: one gives swiftness and fury to all auras, other quickness to static aura; earth: one gives protection to all auras, other stability to magnetic aura; water: one heals on all auras, other gives vigor and regen to frost aura.Swap aura-share and aura heal traits: So water have a trait to heal on aura application and tempest is the one sharing auras. This (along with aura traits above) will allow tempests to be better support and focus on different support types: offensive (fire/air) with might, fury and quickness; defensive (water/earth) with protection, vigor, regen; condi resistance and removal (fire/water) with resistance and cleanses; condi and dmg mitigation (fire/earth) with resistance, protection and stability...Bring back arcane precision in a new form : applies lesser arcane power (next 2 attacks are critical hits) when swapping attunements. This will give back some of the old trait functionality with a nice synergy with elemental surge.Bring back lingering elements and make it work with all traits instead of just minor ones. Let the arcane ele keep its attunement specific traits going for longer when traited with this and swaping attunements, making it a rewarding experience to quick rotate your attunements. This will give core ele an advantage as it can bounce between two attunements and keep their bonuses longer than weaver or tempest arcane eles (since it has access to two attunement traitlines)Make arcane shield an aura, even if just when traited in arcane, so it activates aura traits and can be shared, giving ele a great group defensive utility.Make arcane, weaver and tempest traits that give direct bonuses change based on attunement : things like elements of rage, or bountiful power. Instead of a flat dmg bonus, make it a dmg bonus on fire, a dmg reduction in earth, a healing increase in water, a critical bonus in air... Giving the trait more use instead of just dps and enabling more variety to other playstyles.

Make fireball, meteor shower, and lava-found apply burn giving staff a bit more dps and maybe a viable hybrid/condi appeal.Make flame burst copy burns from the target to 5 nearby targets making it a burn-only version of epidemicMake mist form applies chill to foes around so its a better escape toolmake armor of earth pulses protection and stability so it cant just be corrupted with one skill leaving nothing but a little cosmetic stone skirtmake the elite elemental glyph to not have an expiration and start CD when the elemental dies similar to necros flesh golem.

Make all conjure utility skills a 2 charges ground target skill , if the caster is inside the target area it conjures it on its own hands, otherwise creates a weapon to picked up in the ground.

They just need to tone down over performing builds. I think alot of their changes over the last few years helped out tempest and core ele alot. Fresh air builds are the strongest they've ever been and d/d ele is even somewhat viable in lower spvp. No class should be able to gain 25 stacks of might by themselves.

At this point with them reducing powercreep, the only thing I'd really like to see is for Eles to get some sort of AoE stab application. Stab on auras sounds toxic af to fight against, so I'd rather not see that. My idea is for Earth's Embrace to turn Armor of Earth into an AoE effect. They could move it to the major master line so prot auras would still be possible to take with it.

RtL cd was doubled because too much disengage potential, might on cantrips was removed because too much mightstacking, I just wish they could apply the same policies to let's say thief and war, just to name a few. I don't want buffs to eles or nerfs to other classes, all I want is some consistency in the logic behind balance choices.

I just hope they don't nerf core ele and tempest while they nerf all the other over-performing classes. Unfortunately, I don't think nerfs to tempest (or at least support tempest) will be avoidable since they already stated that they want to tone down sustain. They will probably nerf all base heals or the heal stat multiplier.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:At this point with them reducing powercreep, the only thing I'd really like to see is for Eles to get some sort of AoE stab application. Stab on auras sounds toxic af to fight against, so I'd rather not see that. My idea is for Earth's Embrace to turn Armor of Earth into an AoE effect. They could move it to the major master line so prot auras would still be possible to take with it.

You may already be aware of this, but eles already have aoe stab application (rock solid). It's in the earth line though, so I'd understand why it 'wouldn't count'. It also only lasts for 2 seconds, so...

@thepolishman.2348 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:At this point with them reducing powercreep, the only thing I'd really like to see is for Eles to get some sort of AoE stab application. Stab on auras sounds toxic af to fight against, so I'd rather not see that. My idea is for Earth's Embrace to turn Armor of Earth into an AoE effect. They could move it to the major master line so prot auras would still be possible to take with it.

You may already be aware of this, but eles already have aoe stab application (rock solid). It's in the earth line though, so I'd understand why it 'wouldn't count'. It also only lasts for 2 seconds, so...

Lol true, I totally meant to mention that it would conflict with that and thought it'd be nice to have Rock Solid take Earthen Blast's place. Would be a nice change for the Earth line and would make overloading Earth a bit better too.

What I would like to see:-Rework FGS and conjures;-No big nerfs to weaver (unlikely to happen, we know we weaver sustain is getting nerfed);-Tempst buffs;-Create a reason for healing tempest to rotate and not camp water 90% of the time

-What I would love to see:-Nerfing the other classes so in the power balance we become stronger, even if the new weaver itself is weaker than the current one. Condi Mirage, double axe boonbeast, etc need some serious nerfs