Whale Spirit Glider

Jojo.6140

Seeing how everyone just gives feedback on the pegasus skin, i felt the need to write something regarding the new Whale Spirit Glider Skin we got with the latest patch.

It is absolutely beautiful! Just how first when you start gliding a single whale jumps above you and splashes into the water before you get the three large whales swimming around you plus the small fishes and seahorses. Its such an epic glider. Its my new favourite glider skin and whoever designed it did a really good job imo.

What do others think about it? When it comes to gemstore feedback for the last patch, ive only found opinions for the pegasus griffon, but not for the glider. I hope there doesnt already exist a thread for it.

Jojo, you are so right! :smile:

The Whale Glider is AWESOME! High quality visuals, animations and top-shelf audio effects as well! :smiley:

That glider was the reason I took the risk of using some of my keys. I got lucky and snagged it on #19 and was also lucky enough to avoid getting "you know what." :wink: Hahaha!!! :lol:

Anet, the Whale Glider is the kind of high quality item we've grown to love, appreciate and expect -- from the cash shop as well as in-game.Thank you! :+1:

As my brother put it: the Reddit's Pegasus situation shows that Gw2 is a joke xD

There is some truth in that, there was plenty to talk about, but I guess content is not so important in Gw2 anymore in such a large reddit community and here, so everything is basically a joke, just like that Pegasus or whatever skin that is only a metaphor for it all.

Nothing will ever be the same and self fulfilling prophecy about Gw2's soon demise will come true, obviously.

Anyway I have a megalophobia so I basically am scared of this glider skin...

I think it's absolutely beautiful and I'm annoyed it's in black lion chests. If it had been on the gem store I'd have bought it immediately. I think the animation on it is really well done, the ones I've seen dyed look great and it's a perfect fit for my water themed elementalist (much more so than that over the top ice glider).

As it is I've used all the free keys I had saved up and haven't managed to get it (in spite of getting the ice gloves and 2 pegasus mounts). I know that's why Anet do it - the people who buy keys will end up spending more overall this way, but for me it's a great reminder of why I never pay for RNG boxes - I could easily spend more than I wanted to and still not have the item I was hoping to get. (That and I told myself I'd use 5 keys and see how it went, and only actually stopped when I ran out of keys.)

I just hope I either get lucky with free keys before it's removed from the chests or I can get enough stattuettes by the time it's available that way.