Are emotes an adequate reward for completing meta acheivements?

DarkRam.1572

@Neo Mortem.3627 said:To be completely honest, I find it insane that you have to do all achievements in a chapter to obtain an emote. Other chapter masteries dont require you to do all achievements to get the mastery reward. For example, to get mastery for the Whisper in the Dark, you just need 20 achievements completed and you get a Boneskinner backpack. For Bound by Blood and Shadow in the Ice, you need to complete all 37 or 57 achievements to obtain an emote. If they really want an emote as a reward, then do it for the completion of the story chapter not story achievements.

Actually, for Whisper in the Ice, you need 37 of 49 (or, at least, 47; two of the 49 being hidden achievements).

@Jables.4659 said:

(you didn't make that claim, cool, but OP complains about them being a reward and when I asked him a question you answered, soo...)

Are you going to finish your sentence? You kind of trailed off there.

...you're clearly on the same bandwagon.

Seems pretty obvious, but if you needed that spelled out for you, then here you go :sleeping:

• Confused 1

why didn’t they provide other rewards besides emotes? Why only emotes? I find it useless to put emotes like reward, myself, I never used emotes in the game and I don't intend to use anytime soon. I think they should add more rewards (skins, weapons, equipment, among others), all of which include emotes, which I believe would encourage everyone to run after the achievements and, consequently, have a greater volume of active players.

My question is why is there no pvp/wvw reward track for this one for the people who dont want to be forced to do achivements after playing the story. Im going to assume its an oversight because we are still in the same map.

Or unless its there and my 10 mins of looking for it the other day and i still missed it.

Also as someone else said new idle animations for different races / professions would be appreciated i would totally spend money on those lol.

@Sobx.1758 said:

(you didn't make that claim, cool, but OP complains about them being a reward and when I asked him a question you answered, soo...)

Are you going to finish your sentence? You kind of trailed off there.

...you're clearly on the same bandwagon.

Seems pretty obvious, but if you needed that spelled out for you, then here you go :sleeping:

I'm not on any bandwagon. I don't really care either way on this "issue". I just have a personal pet peeve with the whole "Well you did this, soooooo…." type of middle school girl speech. It doesn't really matter, I just can't help myself but to poke fun at it.

Edit: I just realized the band wagon thing was you finishing your sentence to the other guy.

I'm not too bothered by it because I'm already used to not being excited about the meta achievement rewards, I usually just do them out of a sense of completion. At this point there's not much they can add to the game that we don't already have tons of, so I guess that's fine.

What I would be more upset about is the requirement of doing strike mission achievements in a story journal meta achievement category that could, up to this point, always be completed solo. That said, I'm kind of over achievement hunting (and to an extent the game in general) so I can't actually muster up the mental energy to care deeply about it.