Illuminated Boreal Weapons: WTH FOR REAL?!?!

Milea.6043

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Andy.5981" said:I too sent an support ticket to Anet yesterday at 12:03 UK time, asking for the entire set to be restored, since I just salvaged them. They were made purely for the achievement since all of my characters have better gear. I did get a prompt response at 20:28 UK time (not a bad turn around rate) from one of the GM as below.

Hello there XXXXXX ,

I understand you salvaged / vendored the Restored Boreal Weapons. I am sorry about that!

We are currently in the process of looking into an alternative method for players to reobtain these weapons.

In the meantime, please keep an eye on the forum thread here for updates, as they will likely have updates there before we do here :p

We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!(✿◠‿◠)

Regards,

GM FictionGuild Wars 2 Support Team

I'll wait, since its not the end of the world and I'm sure it will be sorted out. However, what is slightly concerning having read through this thread, is the fact that despite all customers being equal, some are being treated differently to others. If some have had all of their weapons restored, then that should apply equally across the board.

Guess you dident read through the thread or you would have seen why they dont restore anymore.Im one of two who got it restored in this thread.

@"Donari.5237" said:Alas, I did not get them returned. I guess since they've decided to come up with an in game method (that likely will take yet more resources/time on our parts unless there is a one-time free replacement), they aren't going to keep on just restoring them like the lucky early ticket folks did. At least I got a nice warm tone in my boilerplate compared to others before me in this thread :) I guess I'll just work on assembling mats, it's not like I have all the ingots needed yet. And I did manage not to salvage four of the weapons so I can upgrade those while I wait for the others to be available.

Hello there (my name here),I understand you salvaged / vendored the Restored Boreal Weapons. I am sorry about that!We are currently in the process of looking into an alternative method for players to reobtain these weapons.

In the meantime, please keep an eye on the forum thread here for updates, as they will likely have updates there before we do here :p
We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!(✿◠‿◠)Regards,GM FictionGuild Wars 2 Support Team

I got the exact same reply from GM Fiction.I responded saying that I hope the proposed solution is as easy and cost-free as offered to others that had their weapons replaced by GM Fiction.

We will see.

I know some folks that got their weapons restored, then promptly sold them, planning on crafting them again with the presumably cheaper incoming method. I guess Anet decided to cut that off.

Great no wonder they stoped restoring them, some people just have to ruin it for the rest. ( my weapons are still in the mail waiting for me to do the story and get materials for achiv)

EditImo anet should just remove the gold from those people that sold them and let the ones who bought them keep the weapons.Cant be that many that did it so should be easy to track the blt history.

Yes you're right I didn't read the final few posts, but despite your pedantry, I still stand with my assertion. Some people, you being one of two documented in this thread (there may be far more that haven't posted), are being treated differently. That is an issue.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Andy.5981 said:

@Andy.5981 said:I too sent an support ticket to Anet yesterday at 12:03 UK time, asking for the entire set to be restored, since I just salvaged them. They were made purely for the achievement since all of my characters have better gear. I did get a prompt response at 20:28 UK time (not a bad turn around rate) from one of the GM as below.

Hello there XXXXXX ,

I understand you salvaged / vendored the Restored Boreal Weapons. I am sorry about that!

We are currently in the process of looking into an alternative method for players to reobtain these weapons.

We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!(✿◠‿◠)

Regards,

GM FictionGuild Wars 2 Support Team

I'll wait, since its not the end of the world and I'm sure it will be sorted out. However, what is slightly concerning having read through this thread, is the fact that despite all customers being equal, some are being treated differently to others. If some have had all of their weapons restored, then that should apply equally across the board.

Guess you dident read through the thread or you would have seen why they dont restore anymore.Im one of two who got it restored in this thread.

@"Donari.5237" said:Alas, I did not get them returned. I guess since they've decided to come up with an in game method (that likely will take yet more resources/time on our parts unless there is a one-time free replacement), they aren't going to keep on just restoring them like the lucky early ticket folks did. At least I got a nice warm tone in my boilerplate compared to others before me in this thread :) I guess I'll just work on assembling mats, it's not like I have all the ingots needed yet. And I did manage not to salvage four of the weapons so I can upgrade those while I wait for the others to be available.

Hello there (my name here),I understand you salvaged / vendored the Restored Boreal Weapons. I am sorry about that!We are currently in the process of looking into an alternative method for players to reobtain these weapons.

We will get back to you as soon as possible about this issue. Thank you so much for your patience with us!(✿◠‿◠)Regards,GM FictionGuild Wars 2 Support Team

I got the exact same reply from GM Fiction.I responded saying that I hope the proposed solution is as easy and cost-free as offered to others that had their weapons replaced by GM Fiction.

We will see.

I know some folks that got their weapons restored, then promptly sold them, planning on crafting them again with the presumably cheaper incoming method. I guess Anet decided to cut that off.

Great no wonder they stoped restoring them, some people just have to ruin it for the rest. ( my weapons are still in the mail waiting for me to do the story and get materials for achiv)

EditImo anet should just remove the gold from those people that sold them and let the ones who bought them keep the weapons.Cant be that many that did it so should be easy to track the blt history.

Yes you're right I didn't read the final few posts, but despite your pedantry, I still stand with my assertion. Some people, you being one of two documented in this thread (there may be far more that haven't posted), are being treated differently. That is an issue.

Yes and the reason people are now treated diffrently is some abused the gift of the developers to make a quick gold infusion.

@Connor Fallon.9408 said:Hi All,We are working on an alternative, easier way to reobtain the T2 weapons for those who have already crafted them. We don’t currently have a time frame for this, but will update you when we know more.

Should I be saving anyT3 boreal weapons I craft for some sorta T4 version or can I safely salvage these? Be real good to know one way or the other.

"The merchant Humble Stone in the village of Still Waters Speaking now offers a limited supply of spare Restored Boreal weapons to players who have previously crafted them."https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96243/game-update-notes-january-28-2020#latest

I'm guessing this is the fix?

I can't see what they cost because I haven't crafted any of them yet.

@"Donari.5237" said:The cost is 2 silver 64 copper and 10 eternal ice shards each. Not too bad at all. I haven't bought one yet to see if it's a one-time deal, but mousing over them gives no stats in the tool tips, instead it shows as a "consumable." Which suggests one use.

I suspect that's what the "limited supply" in the patch notes means. It makes sense - if you could buy as many as you wanted they'd have to make them expensive to stop it being an infinite supply of cheap exotic weapons and that would defeat the point of letting players buy replacements because they didn't know they'd want to keep them.

It is a kick in the gut to the community. IF IF IF , they made them NOT salvageable and we simply deleted that's a new thing. And ALMOST a ok you messed up. Even moreso if they would have said "these will be precursors for the next patches weapons". But the fact they just put these weapons in that take up a crapload of bank space and then can easily salvage without any warning of they could be used later. Yah a big middle finger.

Hey anet, please uppen the professionalism in communication because this is ANYTHING BUT professional.

Writing in my ticket as well.

@"Kameko.8314" said:It is a kick in the gut to the community. IF IF IF , they made them NOT salvageable and we simply deleted that's a new thing. And ALMOST a ok you messed up. Even moreso if they would have said "these will be precursors for the next patches weapons". But the fact they just put these weapons in that take up a crapload of bank space and then can easily salvage without any warning of they could be used later. Yah a big middle finger.

Hey anet, please uppen the professionalism in communication because this is ANYTHING BUT professional.

Writing in my ticket as well.

Already a fix in, cost afew silver and bjora map currency.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96243/game-update-notes-january-28-2020#latestThe merchant Humble Stone in the village of Still Waters Speaking now offers a limited supply of spare Restored Boreal weapons to players who have previously crafted them.

Limited supply seem to mean 1 of each weapon so you can craft the next tier.

@Shadowmoon.7986 said:Got 0 gemstones and ingots. So it appears you can not recover or i was extremely unlucky.

I bought and salvaged the four I still had iterations of, will hold onto all the others to make the upgrades. I did get ingots (don't recall if I got one each or just up to four). No gemstones. I can see that completing the Illuminated set will take some time. I haven't yet completed the masteries that supposedly give better loot, so I have fingers lightly crossed that the gemstones will be in the better loot tables since making two gemstones used up most of my relevant mats stock.