What are you looking forward to in GW2? What keeps you coming back?

@kratan.4619 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Neither. Big open world maps and map stories. Which we haven't had much success with since PoF, so my hope is diminishing. My biggest motivations was looking forward to the Drakkar fight. I was looking forward to a big, epic, tactical boss fight that would take time to learn.

! What we got, was a straightforward HP sponge with more visual noise than ever to hide what at least looked like a cool boss in there somewhere>!

So new boss is kinda like the previous version of the maps boss?

Shocking =)

! I had really hoped for a Triple Trouble level boss or Gerent. I'd have taken Tequatl level to be honest.!! My fault for hoping too much, sigh

All of these bosses are essentially just on farm mode now, maybe some minor organization needed. Any new boss that would be of equivalent difficulty would soon be on farm mode as well. Some people would complain about the difficulty at first, then someone would figure out the gimmicks, then farm mode.

Tripple trubble aint on farm mode go to a unorganized map and try to complete it mate.

The only things that really bring me back these days are either the Halloween or Winter Events. SAB used to be something I look forward to now, but since I got the bobble node, it's not really worth my time as the weapon skins are not that interesting to me.

Finished Path of Fire and realized how much I despise the story not because it's bad, but because it feels like the past is becoming increasingly irrelevant. Like, your personal story is barely a note now with Zhaitan's death, Mordremoth was quickly forgotten for Balthazar, and now you are facing Kralkatorrik for reasons I don't know or care about. To add to that is that 90% of the map is pretty much dead or useless content, Claw Island being the biggest offender.

What reason do I have to go anywhere that isn't the latest area besides Lake Doric for a leather farm? Auric Basin I like doing, but it's becoming pretty much empty any time I want to do the meta (log in morning and night, it's about half of what I used to see). Being in a guild is about as useful as a new set of pants, they're great to have but you'll quickly wear them out as well as there is no incentive for me to stay in one. World v. World groups tend to be tight-nit of people who only do that content and nothing else which is not great for people like me who want to do the story, take my time, and even do stuff like Dungeons and Fractals.

Unless I have a friend to play with, there's not much for me to do. I have family that play, but after a headache of them trying to help me with S3 stuff in the one map with the boiling sea, I said never again.

Used to love exploring, but I don't even find that enjoyable anymore because every area is just like Orr, only about 5x worse. Not only do they cripple, they do stacks of agony, ignore my pet (Ranger) and pile on to me, entire areas mob on me and I can't kite everything as well as their relatively low respawn rates on top of the fact I need MP for everything which I cannot get due to the whole "solo adventuring" thing. Want to find people to help with HoT stuff? AHAHAHA, I'd be better off looking for Silverwaste groups.

@"Jetra.1238" said:The only things that really bring me back these days are either the Halloween or Winter Events. SAB used to be something I look forward to now, but since I got the bobble node, it's not really worth my time as the weapon skins are not that interesting to me.

Finished Path of Fire and realized how much I despise the story not because it's bad, but because it feels like the past is becoming increasingly irrelevant. Like, your personal story is barely a note now with Zhaitan's death, Mordremoth was quickly forgotten for Balthazar, and now you are facing Kralkatorrik for reasons I don't know or care about. To add to that is that 90% of the map is pretty much dead or useless content, Claw Island being the biggest offender.

What reason do I have to go anywhere that isn't the latest area besides Lake Doric for a leather farm? Auric Basin I like doing, but it's becoming pretty much empty any time I want to do the meta (log in morning and night, it's about half of what I used to see). Being in a guild is about as useful as a new set of pants, they're great to have but you'll quickly wear them out as well as there is no incentive for me to stay in one. World v. World groups tend to be tight-nit of people who only do that content and nothing else which is not great for people like me who want to do the story, take my time, and even do stuff like Dungeons and Fractals.

Unless I have a friend to play with, there's not much for me to do. I have family that play, but after a headache of them trying to help me with S3 stuff in the one map with the boiling sea, I said never again.

Used to love exploring, but I don't even find that enjoyable anymore because every area is just like Orr, only about 5x worse. Not only do they cripple, they do stacks of agony, ignore my pet (Ranger) and pile on to me, entire areas mob on me and I can't kite everything as well as their relatively low respawn rates on top of the fact I need MP for everything which I cannot get due to the whole "solo adventuring" thing. Want to find people to help with HoT stuff? AHAHAHA, I'd be better off looking for Silverwaste groups.

Get a guild