EU Server

Qriev.4679

I'm looking to transfer to EU from NA as i get better ping on EU. Which server is better in terms of quality of fight & population, especially outside of primetime. SFR or FSP? And which of these 2 server will likely drop in population after this Friday relink? Is it better to wait after relink to make a decision?

Ignoring the obvious point, SFR is very high and FSP is high pop. So SFR will always be better off come friday. As someone on FSP I can say that it highly depend on the link. If we get a shit link... well down to T3-T4 we go (again, though I think we have enough not to drop to T5 unless alot transfer).

@Qriev.4679 said:I'm looking to transfer to EU from NA as i get better ping on EU. Which server is better in terms of quality of fight & population, especially outside of primetime. SFR or FSP? And which of these 2 server will likely drop in population after this Friday relink? Is it better to wait after relink to make a decision?SFR has an American guild there so that’s your best bet :) fsp is just hundreds of roamers. xD

@nomak.8693 said:

@Qriev.4679 said:I'm looking to transfer to EU from NA as i get better ping on EU. Which server is better in terms of quality of fight & population, especially outside of primetime. SFR or FSP? And which of these 2 server will likely drop in population after this Friday relink? Is it better to wait after relink to make a decision?SFR has an American guild there so that’s your best bet :) fsp is just hundreds of roamers. xD

those US folks are on AG, not SFR. SFR died after lots of drama recently. bet if the link changes there's going to be 0 activity and back to medium pop.

there's just a couple of useless PvE guilds like A..A who won't stand a chance against anyone, a trash talking, condescending commader who looks down on everyone from an unnamed guild starting with T, and (a) wannabe organizer(s) who thankfully isn't leading the Discord anymore as he's also to blame why SFR's plane crashed. their Discord is a ghost town with 300 on but no one talking and up to 8 joining a random public comm who just gets steamrolled by anything.

last time SFR were up against WSR e.g. in a MU they got farmed at EB spawn for 3 days straight. seeing how bad it got their streamer became rather fond of Gandara and others lately, likely. that's where you'd mostly see him.

so, if you ever thought about joining SFR...

1) wait for relink2) the population of both servers will in my prediction not drop significantly.3) core fsp is a prime-time server. So, you will have a tag during 8pm and 10 pm CET (and earlier during the weekend) with voice. Lets say at 3 am CET, you will have no commanders, just a bunch of random players. It is in the end a bit of a question what you exactly want. Roaming is ok on fsp at night. Following a commander might be difficult.4) The reputation as best fighting server (europe) has wsr. I think that they lost a bit of their spirit lately but I cannot remember them losing in K/D.

wsr is highly overrated. they are or seem pretty coordinated, their k/d ratio is that good bc every other server runs way too often into their ganking zergs. so like fsp, but always with bigger size. k/d ratio is a pretty poor thing to measure servers on, because the weirdos that die for 2-3 hours on a line @ the hill to SM castle count into that too, and wsr is a server with loads of rangers, deadeyes, mesmers, they sometimes even form zergs nearly solely of roamingclasses.

some people seem to enjoy that or practice their figthing skills with the "king of the hill"-game on SM/ebg... also since the whole format is so rusty and somehow stale, people maybe have to find extreme matchups to entertain themselves. if anet would finally bring back some content to wvw and some reasoning into not-yolo'ing like potatos, that would be sweet.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:wsr is highly overrated. they are or seem pretty coordinated, their k/d ratio is that good bc every other server runs way too often into their ganking zergs. so like fsp, but always with bigger size. k/d ratio is a pretty poor thing to measure servers on, because the weirdos that die for 2-3 hours on a line @ the hill to SM castle count into that too, and wsr is a server with loads of rangers, deadeyes, mesmers, they sometimes even form zergs nearly solely of roamingclasses.

some people seem to enjoy that or practice their figthing skills with the "king of the hill"-game on SM/ebg... also since the whole format is so rusty and somehow stale, people maybe have to find extreme matchups to entertain themselves. if anet would finally bring back some content to wvw and some reasoning into not-yolo'ing like potatos, that would be sweet.

A guy on Discord once said it right - I like to believe - about WSR, when he described them as a bunch of scared kids, and that's because they all hide on one server fighting other, smaller or (in the majority of cases) far less organised groups.

Imagine each of the guilds sought out challenge by fighting their own peers. But no, they all stack in one place where they don't have to fight each other, and no real challenge comes to them. Makes them feel cozy perhaps, secure. And they seem to like everyone else to think they are awesome, strong, and so on.

But are they?

@Inoki.6048 said:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:wsr is highly overrated. they are or seem pretty coordinated, their k/d ratio is that good bc every other server runs way too often into their ganking zergs. so like fsp, but always with bigger size. k/d ratio is a pretty poor thing to measure servers on, because the weirdos that die for 2-3 hours on a line @ the hill to SM castle count into that too, and wsr is a server with loads of rangers, deadeyes, mesmers, they sometimes even form zergs nearly solely of roamingclasses.

A guy on Discord once said it right - I like to believe - about WSR, when he described them as a bunch of scared kids, and that's because they all hide on one server fighting other, smaller or (in the majority of cases) far less organised groups.

Imagine each of the guilds sought out challenge by fighting their own peers. But no, they all stack in one place where they don't have to fight each other, and no real challenge comes to them. Makes them feel cozy perhaps, secure. And they seem to like everyone else to think they are awesome, strong, and so on.

But are they?

Before anyone says it, no i'm not on WSR.

That being said, that's not entirely true... Most the people on WSR have been playing with each other for years via various guilds (Because y'know reforming your GvG guild every 6 months was a thing when GvGs were a thing and people actually cared). So the vast majority of people on WSR are people who've been around WvW for quite a few years and all their old guildies/friends play on that server which is what is often complained about when people can't transfer to X server to play with their guildies/friends of old/current because the server's "Full" and has no link.

all the big servers are big servers, because they have many old veterans left who carry them. that's the "core" of them, plus the bandwagoners who are also to an extent leftover veterans. the other 60-70% are rather new or random players, who just do dailies/farming - and if those 1/3 move in teams against non-cooperating and non-cautious players, who spread over like 2-3 sectors of a map after one push from the experience ones, it's kinda logic why the others are more effective.

usually it isn't even that situation. the good ones rarely fight on bad terms, the newer ones basically suicide more often, and somehow fail to question that behaviour.

also tag movement isn't really a thing often enough; people either not join them or not follow them, which led yet years ago to comm's ragequitting;

the issue is, somehow bunch of the older players seem to be against new people - maybe because they themselves are yet that good working within their respective teams, but i think also because many new players see no reason to really learn the format. which leads to the problem: no motivation results in no extrinsic motivating benefits for "doing good". bc the ones who play for the intrinsic motivation play anyways (still), despite tons of let-downs from the developerside.