New Free merch is trolling ? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

New Free merch is trolling ?

Good afternoon, a question for jokers about a new free T-shirt with a dialog box without text, is it such a delicate trolling of Russian players who cannot write Cyrillic in chat ?

I communicate through a translator

Tagged:

Comments

  • Genesis.5169Genesis.5169 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's a T-Shirt playing homage to all the fallen PvP brothers killed by Anets refusal to allow pvp be pvp.
    Yep folks im back and ima drive this point home till im banned.

    For those on the forums who advocate for the removal of duo queues in Spvp, realize your actions over the past 7 years has destroyed gw2 Spvp and thinking doing the same thing again is a good idea after several years of it not working crazy. Get better at pvp.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Have I missed something?

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Perhas read your emails instead of throwing them away?

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @aspirine.6852 said:
    Perhas read your emails instead of throwing them away?

    What email?

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • RoseofGilead.8907RoseofGilead.8907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Randulf.7614 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:
    Perhas read your emails instead of throwing them away?

    What email?

    I think aspirine was telling OP that they should have read the in-game mail everyone has received explaining the reason for the shirt outfit OP is talking about.
    And what they're talking about is the free outfit on the gemstore.

    Oh look. I have a signature now.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:
    Perhas read your emails instead of throwing them away?

    What email?

    I think aspirine was telling OP that they should have read the in-game mail everyone has received explaining the reason for the shirt outfit OP is talking about.
    And what they're talking about is the free outfit on the gemstore.

    Ohhh...I haven't logged in yet today due to work, so will grab that shortly

    Thanks!

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:
    Perhas read your emails instead of throwing them away?

    What email?

    I think aspirine was telling OP that they should have read the in-game mail everyone has received explaining the reason for the shirt outfit OP is talking about.
    And what they're talking about is the free outfit on the gemstore.

    Was there mail? There was a new marker on the TP icon to say there's a free item available, and I saw the article on the website, but no in-game mail on either of my accounts (and neither of them has a full mail box).

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "If someone really cared, well they'd take the time to spare, a moment to try and understand another one's despair"

  • I got both the in-game mail and out-of-game email to my account after said "What email?" post.
    Thus, it was a valid question.

  • kurfu.5623kurfu.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Are we supposed to be able to type something into the empty dialog box on the shirt?

    This is my signature. It is not very exciting.

  • Bunter.3795Bunter.3795 Member ✭✭✭

    I just logged into my four accounts and did not get an email explaining it on any of them. While I don't care about the "issue of the moment" that Anet likes to foist on us every so often, if they're going to continue to bombard us with them, at least they could explain it to everyone and make sure we all receive the emails.

    If life gives you melons, you're probably dyslexic.

  • @Bunter.3795 said:
    I just logged into my four accounts and did not get an email explaining it on any of them. While I don't care about the "issue of the moment" that Anet likes to foist on us every so often, if they're going to continue to bombard us with them, at least they could explain it to everyone and make sure we all receive the emails.

    But then you would complain about them "bombarding you" with emails that you "don't care about"

  • @Bunter.3795 said:
    I just logged into my four accounts and did not get an email explaining it on any of them. While I don't care about the "issue of the moment" that Anet likes to foist on us every so often, if they're going to continue to bombard us with them, at least they could explain it to everyone and make sure we all receive the emails.

    The promotion lasts a month+, it's announced on the News Blog, announced on the forums, and mail goes out in batches, both in- and out-of-game.
    Everyone is/will be most likely covered.

  • I got an ingame mail today the moment I went to Lion's Arch. Maybe teleport with a character to Lion's Arch if you did not get a mail ingame.

  • I got the Metal Legion tee. I don't need anything else.

    ...

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zraurum.8493 said:
    Good afternoon, a question for jokers about a new free T-shirt with a dialog box without text, is it such a delicate trolling of Russian players who cannot write Cyrillic in chat ?

    And with this post any and all sympathy I may have had for this ongoing issue of Cyrillic text is eradicated.
    I understood the basic issue.
    I was ok with the regular posts with clickbait titles.

    but now?
    Your cause has just proven itself to be utterly without any form of class.

  • Rasimir.6239Rasimir.6239 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Solene.3067 said:
    I got an ingame mail today the moment I went to Lion's Arch. Maybe teleport with a character to Lion's Arch if you did not get a mail ingame.

    Same here. I remember a couple of years back when they gave out the valentine's day potion it worked the same way (only available when you enter LA). I don't know what technical restrictions prohibits them from sending mail on first login instead of first login to LA, and it does seem kind of awkward these days when people sometimes don't go to LA for days on end to advertise the shirt on the trading post but only send the explanation mail in specific circumstances, but that's really just me being picky ;) .

    Thanks for doing this campaign, ANet!

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Good point, I'll try visiting LA next time I'm online.

    Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

    "If someone really cared, well they'd take the time to spare, a moment to try and understand another one's despair"

  • There was the special (Free, I think it said) alert on the Black Lion Trading Post icon, as well.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    There was the special (Free, I think it said) alert on the Black Lion Trading Post icon, as well.

    Correct. The icon should be flashing as well to indicate new stuff and a free item if not checked

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .