new story chapter meta achievement only for raiders?

I just realized strike missions are needed to get enough achievements towards the Shadow in the Ice meta achievement, and specially since the last 2 missions have scaled in difficulty, I see very difficult to get them without being a raider due to the raid proofs expected to join a successful group, I'd just like to know if this is a trend to keep in future chapters, thank you.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, strike missions are needed for the meta achievement.Don't worry though, while the boneskinner and the new SM are both rather hard for someone that didn't raid before, the Fraenir and the 2 Kodans are doable.

I'd suggest not using the public join, try to find a group via the lfg for Fraenir (currently available) / Kodans. They don't really need a special composition, and most groups don't ask for any special proffs. (I do implore you to at least take a look at a good damage build for your proffession)

You can skip Boneskinner / New SM, there are more achievs available than needed.

I do however think it is strange that, while SM achievements are needed, the Drakkar achievements don't belong to the map's meta achievement.

Performing well in strikes doesn’t mean you have to be a raider. Not getting hit by shockwaves during the Svanir strike mission doesn’t mean you have to be a raider. Not getting downed or killed during that same strike mission doesn’t mean that you have to be a raider. Killing the ice crystals before elementals are spawned doesn’t mean that you have to be a raider.

Also, it’s very rare to find a group that is actually requesting raid proofs. In the past four months, I’ve only seen it being requested once and that was because they wanted to get the gold chest.

People say that you don't need LI or KP to join. Well, I've seen only groups in lfg asking for those and I've even seen groups in LFG that want LI and KP for the new Drakkar world boss. Like what do you need KP and LI for just a world boss for? So it's right what OP says because so far I've only seen stuff in lfg that has requirements een for world bosses.

@Cynder.2509 said:People say that you don't need LI or KP to join. Well, I've seen only groups in lfg asking for those and I've even seen groups in LFG that want LI and KP for the new Drakkar world boss. Like what do you need KP and LI for just a world boss for? So it's right what OP says because so far I've only seen stuff in lfg that has requirements een for world bosses.

You on eu or na?Cant say I seen it in eu.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:People say that you don't need LI or KP to join. Well, I've seen only groups in lfg asking for those and I've even seen groups in LFG that want LI and KP for the new Drakkar world boss. Like what do you need KP and LI for just a world boss for? So it's right what OP says because so far I've only seen stuff in lfg that has requirements een for world bosses.

I'm on EU and just recently this night/morning (some time around 2 am and 4 am I think) I've seen at least 2 or 3 adds for Drakkar requiring 250 LI. As for Strike missions (if the LFG tab isn't empty) people ask for raid stuff. You rarely find any relaxed runs. I thought the intention of strikes was to get more people into raids (or get people who took a break to return to them) but as I see literally every lfg add for them requiring raid kill proofs I doubt this content will get anywhere.

And whenever I make my own group stating that it's a relaxed run and everyone is welcome still people join who obviously stress and act toxic towards eachother. You can tell from the AP and the gear if someone is obviously toxic or not, so that's how I know.

The thing is the difficulty of the strikes is clearly increasing and although I'm not sure if it's comparable to the easiest raids it's 10ppl group content and don't think 10 ppl group content achievements belong in the saga story meta achievement, specially when it's not a bonus but imperative to get to the needed number.

@Benethan.3657 said:The thing is the difficulty of the strikes is clearly increasing and although I'm not sure if it's comparable to the easiest raids it's 10ppl group content and don't think 10 ppl group content achievements belong in the saga story meta achievement, specially when it's not a bonus but imperative to get to the needed number.

Indeed, I think map meta achie should be doable by basically everyone who simply is there playing the story and map, without forced group stuff. Them challenging 10 man content should have their own cathegory for the ones who are into that kind of stuff.

@Benethan.3657 said:The thing is the difficulty of the strikes is clearly increasing and although I'm not sure if it's comparable to the easiest raids it's 10ppl group content and don't think 10 ppl group content achievements belong in the saga story meta achievement, specially when it's not a bonus but imperative to get to the needed number.

This i agree with. But anet is gonna force players to do strikes, despite the fact that they suck and arent fun cause its their new content.

No group instanced content(that takes 10 people, like SMs) should be required for the strikes, not everyone is even capable of doing them. The MAP meta should be doable with stuff on the MAP, not stuff thats off to the side, in a locked off instance.

Either remove the strike achievements and set them as optional, or add other achievements so we can complete the Meta without it, as it is i have no desire to complete -ANY- achievement since i know i wont be able to do obtain the final reward.

Everyone is capable of doing strikes; they just choose not to do them. Strikes are part of the episode so it’s fitting that a number of achievements tied to them are needed for the episodes mastery achievement.

It's only like three achievements that you'd need to complete from strikes which isn't all that much of an ask. Especially when some of them can be done without even completing the strike mission.

Can confirm the new strike is as hard as some of the easiest raids (Cairn, for example). at first I joined a group all cocky thinking I didn't even need previous preparation for it and it would be just another DPS Golem (hit it until it dies) but oh boy I was wrong, mechanics hit hard if you're not aware of them, and the boss does have a high HP pool; even with a decent group (the pug I was with) we had to give it quite some Pulls and re consider our composition (like bringing a heal scourge) in order to finally beat this boss.

Said this, the new strike is definitely not for the casuals; they do need to pay attention to the three mechanics that are present in the entire fight or people will die; also provide decent dps, i'm not saying Benchmark dps but at least put exotic berserk gear instead of the open world armorset that most of the people seem to use.

The raven sanctum strikes however, are easier, the achievements does take a little bit of awareness to complete, I did all 3 achievement the first pull on the Fraenir strike, but gonna give credit to our healer because they did a really good job.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Everyone is capable of doing strikes; they just choose not to do them. Strikes are part of the episode so it’s fitting that a number of achievements tied to them are needed for the episodes mastery achievement.

It's only like three achievements that you'd need to complete from strikes which isn't all that much of an ask. Especially when some of them can be done without even completing the strike mission.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Not everyone is capable. I guess everyone is like...10% of the game, if that, who have done raids. Boneskinner, and the new one are much much harder than regular content, and a massive step up for the casual players who for the most part only do open world.

Making them mandatory -is- locking people from finishing the meta, even if you dont want to believe people cant do it. We are already seeing people asking for KP and LI from raids for strikes, if this is the route they are going, they need to stop now., strike missions should never be so hard that players are getting locked out of doing them unless theyve done raids.

Yes, you can make your own party, but good luck getting a group of pugs(who you cant control what class they bring, what armor they have, what skills they use, what their skill level is, etc) who are capable of doing it, or the achievements.

Metas should be able to be finished with only the content on the map and the story instances, as they have been for literally every other living world release in the game. the achievements should still be in game, but they shouldnt be required, optional, yes, mandatory no.

As it is, not being able to get the emote which would be amazing for Roleyplay purposes, has killed my enjoyment of this release.

@NovaanVerdiano.6174 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Everyone is capable of doing strikes; they just choose not to do them. Strikes are part of the episode so it’s fitting that a number of achievements tied to them are needed for the episodes mastery achievement.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Not
everyone
is capable. I guess
everyone
is like...10% of the game, if that, who have done raids. Boneskinner, and the new one are much much harder than regular content, and a massive step up for the casual players who for the most part only do open world.

Making them mandatory -is- locking people from finishing the meta, even if you dont want to believe people cant do it. We are already seeing people asking for KP and LI from raids for strikes, if this is the route they are going, they need to stop now., strike missions should never be so hard that players are getting locked out of doing them unless theyve done raids.

Yes, you can make your own party, but good luck getting a group of pugs(who you cant control what class they bring, what armor they have, what skills they use, what their skill level is, etc) who are capable of doing it, or the achievements.

Metas should be able to be finished with only the content on the map and the story instances, as they have been for
literally every other living world release in the game.
the achievements should still be in game, but they shouldnt be required, optional, yes, mandatory no.

As it is, not being able to get the emote which would be amazing for Roleyplay purposes, has killed my enjoyment of this release.

God forbid you actually have put forth some effort and learn an encounter to get your shinies. You are absolutely capable, you simply do not want to. There are people with severe physical handicaps doing amazing feats as doing bleeding edge raiding, world record speedruns and whatnot, surely you are capable of doing something that's essentially an easy raid boss and earn your emote. Put some time into it, looks things up, achieve victory. It'll feel good, trust me.

God forbid you realize not everyone can be that skilled no matter how hard they try. Good for those people who have those handicaps and can do that stuff, good for them, not everyone is them, not everyone can be as skilled, and not everyone has the people who can assist them in doing that well. By the way, it doesnt feel good to do something hard in this game gives me no sanctification whatsoever because i know ive been carried, through all the raids ive done, ive been carried by some good friends who no longer play due to lack of interest. My reflexes are so terrible that i can barely get my hand moving half the time to do anything in game so god forbid you learn some compassion when it comes to people with valid concerns about being able to do content.

Oh, and god forbid anet stick to a precedent they have set for years on excluding the hardest content from being mandatory for meta achievements, and having enough achievements that the meta can be done without doing the hardest content.

Maybe you should realize not everyone can or will ever be able to play on the same level as you, god forbid.

Have a good day.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Everyone is capable of doing strikes; they just choose not to do them. Strikes are part of the episode so it’s fitting that a number of achievements tied to them are needed for the episodes mastery achievement.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Not
everyone
is capable. I guess
everyone
is like...10% of the game, if that, who have done raids. Boneskinner, and the new one are much much harder than regular content, and a massive step up for the casual players who for the most part only do open world.

Metas should be able to be finished with only the content on the map and the story instances, as they have been for
the achievements should still be in game, but they shouldnt be required, optional, yes, mandatory no.

God forbid you actually have put forth some effort and learn an encounter to get your shinies. You are absolutely capable, you simply do not want to. There are people with severe physical handicaps doing amazing feats as doing bleeding edge raiding, world record speedruns and whatnot, surely you are capable of doing something that's essentially an easy raid boss and earn your emote. Put some time into it, looks things up, achieve victory. It'll feel good, trust me.

God forbid you realize not everyone can be that skilled no matter how hard they try. Good for those people who have those handicaps and can do that stuff, good for them, not everyone is them, not everyone can be as skilled, and not everyone has the people who can assist them in doing that well. By the way, it doesnt feel good to do something hard in this game gives me no sanctification whatsoever because i know ive been carried, through all the raids ive done, ive been carried by some good friends who no longer play due to lack of interest. My reflexes are so terrible that i can barely get my hand moving half the time to do anything in game so god forbid you learn some compassion when it comes to people with valid concerns about being able to do content.

Oh, and god forbid anet stick to a precedent they have set for years on excluding the hardest content from being mandatory for meta achievements, and having enough achievements that the meta can be done without doing the hardest content.

Maybe you should realize not everyone can or will ever be able to play on the same level as you, god forbid.

Have a good day.

Okay, if you really have it that bad I apologise, but at the same time you should also realise that you ultimately are a fringe case compared to the average player - way more than 10% of all players are capable of doing strike missions, the majority of them simply didn't try or bother to learn them and improve. If Anet built the game around such extreme cases, then there'd be essentially no difficulty in any content, people would just faceroll over it and quit; in fact this is a very common complaint with the game. Anet also added a few fairly difficult story achievements which were required in the past, so it's not like this is the first time they've done it; hell, there's the HoT launch where they upped the difficulty by a lot. I also think that strike missions do not require any degree of "godlike" skill from you, nor do I consider myself anything above average at video games (in fact I have dyspraxia, which does mess with me from time to time and makes me mess up when I shouldn't).

@Cynder.2509 said:

I'm on EU and just recently this night/morning (some time around 2 am and 4 am I think) I've seen at least 2 or 3 adds for Drakkar requiring 250 LI. As for Strike missions (if the LFG tab isn't empty) people ask for raid stuff. You rarely find any relaxed runs. I thought the intention of strikes was to get more people into raids (or get people who took a break to return to them) but as I see literally every lfg add for them requiring raid kill proofs I doubt this content will get anywhere.

And whenever I make my own group stating that it's a relaxed run and everyone is welcome still people join who obviously stress and act toxic towards eachother. You can tell from the AP and the gear if someone is obviously toxic or not, so that's how I know.

Anyone asking for LI for Drakkar is either being dramatic or doesn't know what they're talking about. Drakkar is a world boss, it can be done by as many people who will fit on the map and isn't any more complicated than a normal world boss so there's absolutely no need for people equipped for raids.

As for the strike mission my advice is the same as for any time LFG doesn't have a group that's right for you: make your own. Over the last 20 minutes I've seen quite a few groups which specify they're open to anyone or which have no requirements appear, fill and vanish. I think if you were to put your own group advert up and say everyone's welcome it would fill quickly. I haven't done the strike enough to know if you'd be able to beat it or not, but at least you'd be able to give it a go.

@NovaanVerdiano.6174 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Everyone is capable of doing strikes; they just choose not to do them. Strikes are part of the episode so it’s fitting that a number of achievements tied to them are needed for the episodes mastery achievement.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Not
everyone
is capable. I guess
everyone

Have a good day.

Okay, if you really have it
that
bad I apologise, but at the same time you should also realise that you ultimately are a fringe case compared to the average player - way more than 10% of all players are capable of doing strike missions, the majority of them simply didn't try or bother to learn them and improve. If Anet built the game around such extreme cases, then there'd be essentially no difficulty in any content, people would just faceroll over it and quit; in fact this is a very common complaint with the game. Anet also added a few fairly difficult story achievements which were required in the past, so it's not like this is the first time they've done it; hell, there's the HoT launch where they upped the difficulty by a lot. I also think that strike missions do not require any degree of "godlike" skill from you, nor do I consider myself anything above average at video games (in fact I have dyspraxia, which does mess with me from time to time and makes me mess up when I shouldn't).

Regardless of how hard they are, they should have enough achievements in the meta for players like myself to be able to get the achievement meta without them. They have done so for -ALL- other living world releases but this one, and they did so -because- of players who couldnt do certain forms of content. This time around, they gave everyone with play issues a huge middle finger to force players to do content they either already know they dont enjoy(this is terrible for the game and does nothing but make everyone unhappy), or cant do(another huge problem when again the average DPS difference between a good and an average player is 10x)

I dont know why anet decided to change their minds on optional achievements but its a huge mistake IMO and ill be pretty cautious of future releases due to this.

@Dante.1763 said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Not
everyone
is capable. I guess
everyone

No, it's a choice being made to not do them. It has nothing to do about skill as that threshold is fairly low compared to raids. All boneskinner requires of you, if you choose to heal through the pulsing damage, is to avoid the red circle ground AoE's. That's hardly difficult. The newer strike is different since there's a mechanic that can cause a wipe but that one can be completely skipped. The other two strikes are fairly simple.

It's not them being mandatory that is locking them out but the players themselves choosing not to do them. The ones asking for KP/LI are very few and likely trying to get gold. There's absolutely no reason why you cannot just create your own group. I have a feeling that you've hardly done strikes, you see maybe one or two groups (if at all) that require LI/KP, and then go all doom and gloom.

Practically all of the achievements can be obtained with personal skill. The ones that require breaking the bar are typically done in the course of beating the strike. You don't need to perform at raid level to beat the strikes. The fact that you seem set on this belief leads me to believe that you haven't done strikes or at least not regularly. You have a very false notion about how they really are.

Metas should be able to be finished with only the content on the map and the story instances, as they have been for literally every other living world release in the game. the achievements should still be in game, but they shouldnt be required, optional, yes, mandatory no.

Strikes are as part of the map as story instances.

@sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

God forbid you realize not everyone can be that skilled no matter how hard they try.

Strikes exist now. You demanding anet change the game for you is just as pompous as the poster you berate with your "God forbid" battle. The game isn't made around you and your specific needs.

No, all that i ask is that anet keep doing what they have done which is give enough achievements for some to be omitted. Something they have done very well up until now, and i hope this isnt the new standard.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Not
everyone
is capable. I guess
everyone

No, it's a choice being made to not do them. It has nothing to do about skill as that threshold is fairly low compared to raids. All boneskinner requires of you, if you choose to heal through the pulsing damage, is to avoid the red circle ground AoE's. That's hardly difficult. The newer strike is different since there's a mechanic that can cause a wipe but that one can be completely skipped. The other two strikes are fairly simple.

It's not them being mandatory that is locking them out but the players themselves choosing not to do them. The ones asking for KP/LI are very few and likely trying to get gold. There's absolutely no reason why you cannot just create your own group. I have a feeling that you've hardly done strikes, you see maybe one or two groups (if at all) that require LI/KP, and then go all doom and gloom.

Yea, no. Ive tried to do the new quite a few times. Theres to much going on at once to even be reasonable for me to do, And ive done the others or at least tried quite a bit, see my super long post.

This new one, is a raid boss, In fact there are raid bosses that are less hard that i can actually do.

Practically all of the achievements can be obtained with personal skill. The ones that require breaking the bar are typically done in the course of beating the strike. You don't need to perform at raid level to beat the strikes. The fact that you seem set on this belief leads me to believe that you haven't done strikes or at least not regularly. You have a very false notion about how they really are.

See the very long post about how screwed up my hand is please before you assume, i have done two of the original Bjora strikes before i stopped, the the easy one(asgeir or whatever its spelled), and Boneskinner before they buffed it.

Strikes are as part of the map as story instances.

They are and arent, they are instanced content.

Again, im not asking the achievements be removed, i am asking for additional achievements so that players have a choice, this is something that up until now ANET has done when it comes to harder content on maps. Im not sure why they changed it, but i will offer my thoughts on the matter, even if you dont like them or think they are valid, i do.

Until this last release there has been enough achievements you could ommit some, with this you have few if no(i have to recount) options on what can be done.

To both of you, dont assume that someone wants the entire game changed, i dont. Im fine with strikes existing, im fine with their being incredibly hard content in the game that ill never be able to do. What upsets me is they have locked the story meta off due to the content that i cannot physically do, something that they havent done until -now- nearly 8 years into the game.

Leave the achievements in the meta, but add more.

I have actually seen 2 groups in eu asking for kp and li in lfg descriptions. One of them had so many silly requirements I am not sure it was actually not just for fun. The other I joined prior to the com updating it to 150 li requirement while I had done 5 tries already in that group. So I said, I only have 1 li lol and com said "you stay" :P So I don't think all of them are to be taken seriously at all times (just join and ask when you join if its rlly needed, if not you stay, if they are serious you just leave). I have not seen it on Drakkar worldboss but today I faced a failed Drakkar worldboss while there were plenty of ppl and 3 com tags. Time was up and boss still had 30% hp or something but I think it was lack of supporters with boons since when stacking I barely got any damage out and while ranged I did. Normally I always saw it kinda same values.

As for the meta achieve, I don't know if it does need strikes as I didn't count it. Theres 2 hidden achievements thats outside strikes. And ofcourse some achieves are still bugged.