World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Its never gonna happen guys, give up. Living world is what we have and the balance patch will probably be the VERY LAST THING either pvp or WvW will receive. The game will more likely go on maintenance mode before this thing ever leaves "The table".

who cares dude if the patch is very successful and if it makes the game more enjoyable that's good enough remember the game is not really pvp/wvw Focused so we get what we get

@MELORD.5013 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Its never gonna happen guys, give up. Living world is what we have and the balance patch will probably be the VERY LAST THING either pvp or WvW will receive. The game will more likely go on maintenance mode before this thing ever leaves "The table".

remember the game is not really pvp/wvw Focused so we get what we get

That's the funny thing, before I bought gw2 I was under the impression it was THE team pvp rpg. The laser focus on living story came as an unwelcome surprise.

3 megaservers corresponding to 3 different factions chosen by the players with parallel instances of the existing maps.

Victory is a sum of PPT + PPK, so it can be done with megaservers and instanced maps.

The main advantage of megaservers is that you would have everyone of the same region (NA and EU) battling together instead of spreaded by 5 tiers in EU and 4 tiers in NA.

@RedBaron.6058 said:3 megaservers corresponding to 3 different factions chosen by the players with parallel instances of the existing maps.

Victory is a sum of PPT + PPK, so it can be done with megaservers and instanced maps.

The main advantage of megaservers is that you would have everyone of the same region (NA and EU) battling together instead of spreaded by 5 tiers in EU and 4 tiers in NA.Think again. Megaservers is dynamic opening and closing of instances. With this, you could hold T3 SM on one instance only for that to close because the enemy zerg jumped to another instance, hence you loose all PPT.

Unless you are implying that matchups are also changed to static ~2h opened instances instead of using the dymamic megaservers, in which case you get... drumroll... EoTM.

it feels like being in maintenance mode for years already.

@"Babytater.6803" said:They've literally had it done for months and months but don't want to release it because they are afraid of the communities response....

I sincerely don't believe they are afraid of anything. They may have begun to use aliases on forums because they got tired of being called out by their real names but the main problem with this game and the company behind it is the publisher, NCSoft. I like to say I have experience with them having played some other games they had their fingers in and all ended up the same - same practices everywhere.

They have some pretty incompetent folks in management if they can't see the potential competitive gaming can bring in long after they run out of ideas to support their "living world".

With the combat system they introduced, that currently still is the only one far and wide most interesting, and if leveraged could be a gold mine for years to come. They just seem absurdly clueless about how they should go about it.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@RedBaron.6058 said:3 megaservers corresponding to 3 different factions chosen by the players with parallel instances of the existing maps.

The main advantage of megaservers is that you would have everyone of the same region (NA and EU) battling together instead of spreaded by 5 tiers in EU and 4 tiers in NA.Think again. Megaservers is dynamic opening and closing of instances. With this, you could hold T3 SM on one instance only for that to close because the enemy zerg jumped to another instance, hence you loose all PPT.

Unless you are implying that matchups are also changed to static ~2h opened instances instead of using the dymamic megaservers, in which case you get...
drumroll
... EoTM.

The first instance of each map never closes, are the foundation WvW maps we have now. All other parallel instances can open and close as per the population numbers with the 1 hour elapsing time until instance closure.

Well 3 sets of legendary armor for wvw, solo upgraded a guild to max wvw aura for my own personal storage and crafting, and the upcoming balance preview yep alliances are never going to happen might as well just delete the game mode I won't be around to even know if it has been. That guy who said we are not done responding to his bad response to their "BIG REVEAL" it looks pretty much like they aren't just done they've been burnt and about to be thrown out of the kitchen.

"Communication is important to us" has been the self proclaimed theme as of late correct? Prove it with a response.Neglecting a thread for this long is the exact opposite. Regardless if the news is bad or not. Something needs to be said.This update should be Called WvW Forever. It just reminds me of Duke Nukem forever.... 15 years in development.

• 1 month later...