Medium Raven Ceremonial Chestpiece intended?

I've been wondering if the medium chest including the leggings and outer pants/skirt-part was intended? It seems rather weird to me for the pants to be included in the chest texture (to the point where you can take off the pants w/o seeing a difference). Especially with all other skins being identical for all weights, it feels weird to me. I don't mind the look of the pants, but having a chest piece that includes a pants skin is just kinda meh :/

I wasn't surprised that the chest includes the skirt part (since medium armour chest pieces are typically long), but I thought it was odd that it also includes the leggings underneath - it seems like the skirt wouldn't clip with a different set of medium leggings/trousers. Still, it does seem reasonable to me to assume it was intentional.

@anninke.7469 said:Just imagine how fugly (and clipping) it'd be if you wore an actual trench-coat over a skirt...

You can sort of do this already with charr Trapper armour, since the leg part includes the armoured skirt. And yes, it looks terrible with a trench coat over them!

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

@anninke.7469 said:Just imagine how fugly (and clipping) it'd be if you wore an actual trench-coat over a skirt...

You can sort of do this already with charr Trapper armour, since the leg part includes the armoured skirt. And yes, it looks terrible with a trench coat over them!

Wow, I'm not sure I wanted to know this (I didn't as I'm a hopeless twig-brain and thus haven't used charr cultural armor so far). Thanks for the warning :D

I think it was a mistake. The medium armor should include the front and back panels on the leggings for medium armor, just like the light and heavy versions. The word 'Gown' in the name implies that the panels should be there. A gown and pants are not the same thing!
If this was intended by the devs, then I am more than a little upset that only medium armor needs the high RNG chest (Garb) piece from strike missions, in order to have the same leggings as other classes get with in-game currency.

@Amaren.9326 said:I can't even find the gown. The box only offered gloves, leggings, boots and I could only select one. The NPC doesn't have another box for sale on reset. Am I missing something?

As far as I know the chestpiece / garb only drops from the new Strike Mission. I've seen it drop once in my group. It drops directly from the boss, not the 3 mastery chests.

@"Amaren.9326" said:I can't even find the gown. The box only offered gloves, leggings, boots and I could only select one. The NPC doesn't have another box for sale on reset. Am I missing something?

It's a relatively rare drop from something(seen various claims) ... https://www.gw2tp.com/item/92790-reliquary-of-the-raven-ceremonial-garb

Same goes for the hat and I guess the shoulders are in the gemstore?

The fact that this drop is so rare--essentially a prestige item comparable to a legendary--should be a reason to FIX this, even if it is "working as intended". It leaves a bad taste in my mouth to have it be a unique armor piece for light and heavy wearers, and essentially an Outfit on medium wearers.Maybe this has been done before on SOME medium armor pieces, but it is absolutely not--nor has it ever been--universal.

• 2 months later...