Balance Patch Preview - PvP - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Balance Patch Preview - PvP

Comments

• vesica tempestas.1563vesica tempestas.1563 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

On the negative, the level of change in 1 patch here is going to be an absolute ******* balance holocaust resulting on broken builds and emergency fixes, its a page 1 of the 'how not to phase in change in a controlled manner' handbook. However I can forgive that because I love LOVE the fact they realise their cadence of changes is far too slow and they are very making moves to address this. I've been banging on for a long long time about how this is the fundemental root cause of all the balancing issues, but it looks like they have software engineers on board that gets this.

"Any path that narrows future possibilities may become a lethal trap. Humans do not thread their way through a maze; they scan a vast horizon filled with unique opportunities." - The Spacing Guild Handbook.

Beware the meta!

• Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭✭

Byebye weaver, was nice knowing you. One day we will meet again, I hope.

Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons
    25.02.2020 edit - Nevermind, now I spam only 29 skill-buttons

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not much in the way of nerfing condies, im afraid condies will either be useless or flat out better than power with their current itteration. I think it would be healthier for the overall game if condi skills and condi dmg worked exactly like power with flat debuffs, no stacks and set coefficience for each diff skill (taking cc skills into acount for condie dmg as well)

• Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭

Some of the underplayed HOT spec nerfs were harsh but otherwise this patch is looking good. Mirage dodge nerf might be overkill. Might want to make their dodge cost a little less endurance than normal. Thanks balance friends

• Zexanima.7851Zexanima.7851 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fire, can’t wait to test these changes

Depression and anxiety are the worst...

• torben.1532torben.1532 Member ✭✭✭

ok I thought pvp changes were only the ones mentioned here. with global changes rev is dead
    gg not salty at all :)

• Foshizle.9802Foshizle.9802 Member ✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

I don't understand Shadow Arts nerf. It's currently a meta trait on more than 1 build, none of which really uses "Shadow's Rejuvenation" let alone "Merciful ambush".
    Given the overall nerfs and thief play style remaining the same, SA will be be even better in perspective than it currently is.

Overall stealth was barely touched, heartseeker ignored (it will hit pretty hard after these nerfs), shadow shot went from 4 to 5 innitiative,... thief meta strength received a very gentle slap compared to other specs.

But overall well done, this was needed.

• Malsheem.1794Malsheem.1794 Member ✭✭✭

Thats alot to take in. Looks interesting but the one thing that stood out to me was DH´s "Dragons Maw"

"Dragon's Maw: Reduced power coefficient from 2.5 to 0.01. Reduced might duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds. Reduced slow duration from 4 seconds to 3 seconds. Reduced cooldown from 75 seconds to 50 seconds"

I play DH atm and i think im one of the few that actually use this ability instead of "Renewed Focus". Its a Elite and its the one ability that screams "Dragon Hunter" - its like a huge bear claw. Its fairly easy to play around, dodge, block, stability, whatever. Is should be a high damage ability. Fits the class and its the only elite-damage ability for DH. Im not saying it should one-shot ppl, but i doubt the damage needs a nerf - or atleast this much of a nerf.

I think its bad when ppl play "elites" but end up using everything not related to that spec. An Elite spec should invite you to use "the new unlocked stuff". Play Reaper ? use a GS and shouts. Play DH ? use Traps. So on. Think you would want to keep that in mind.

• Odik.4587Odik.4587 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

@Jazz.4639

im not sure i understand what you want to do to mirage cloak (now reduce endurance by 50??), does that mean as daredevil has 3 dodges mirages now only have one???oO also why you want to reduce evade uptime on a spec that is build around doing things with his dodges and has already less dodges than most other classes in current state? doesnt rly make sense to me. the times mirage (not using chaosline) can dodge too often are already over. better reduce vigor duration given by chaosline.

That was exactly thoughts but its not likely they understand what they are doing or would change it.
    F for fellow mesmer players (if any left) , the first chrono, now mirage (especially for power ones).

• HoneyBadger.5691HoneyBadger.5691 Member ✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020
    • mispost.
  • phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mirage needs to have their endurance regen added back and the ambushes need to be greatly buffed if they only get one dodge.

This still feels like a cheap way of balancing Mirage when they should've just looked at the ambushes with IH.

• Xar.6279Xar.6279 Member ✭✭✭

@otto.5684 said:
    I think this is the end of sPvP for me. I am for curbing power creep a bit, but reducing CD on everything, lowering the damage on everything, seems like random number generator. Some skills has the CDs they had and deal the damage/heal they do for a reason. Not to mention, there is no way in hell to know what skill does how much damage/heal and how much CD on my main class WHEN EVERY SINGLE SKILL IS DIFFERENT. Forget the other 8 classes.

This is a different game. One that seems a derivative of the existing one, confusing and far less interesting. I am already on the fence on GW2 as a whole, sPvP was one of the few remaining anchors that keeps me attached to the game. I think this it for this. And with PvE changes boarding on pathetic, I think this is it for the game.

git gud

• Zenix.6198Zenix.6198 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

@Cal Cohen.2358

could you please consider, putting percentage-values next to the coefficient changes?
    Like "Reduced the power-coefficient of "Skill X" from 2.0 to 1.5 (25%)".

Having to do quick maffs for that many changes is pretty tedious.
    Comparison between changes would also be way easier and more practical.

• dubidubidubidu.5308dubidubidubidu.5308 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:

Mesmer

• Mirage Cloak: This trait now reduces the mirage's endurance by 50 in competitive modes

@Odik.4587 said:
    @Jazz.4639

im not sure i understand what you want to do to mirage cloak (now reduce endurance by 50??), does that mean as daredevil has 3 dodges mirages now only have one???oO also why you want to reduce evade uptime on a spec that is build around doing things with his dodges and has already less dodges than most other classes in current state? doesnt rly make sense to me. the times mirage (not using chaosline) can dodge too often are already over. better reduce vigor duration given by chaosline.

That was exactly thoughts but its not likely they understand what they are doing or would change it.
    F for fellow mesmer players (if any left) , the first chrono, now mirage (especially for power ones).

no they cant be serious with that, some early april fool or something? that cant be real, it makes no sense at all... ahahahaha … just no! esp now im forced to dodge no matter if i need to just to not waste endurance reggen when my one dodge bar is full? how does that add skill need and more active gameplay? it is the absolute opposite… dumbed down we go (nick cave) yeah yeah yeah…
    NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (cant believe….)

need to sleep but im actually shocked…. crying and laughing at same time

YT/Tw PvP WvW Power Mes Guides/ Gameplay https://tinyurl.com/njhmjsh
    my neighbours listen to awesome music... whether they want it or not

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zenix.6198 said:
    @Cal Cohen.2358

could you please consider, putting percentage-values next to the coefficient changes?
    Like "Reduced the power-coefficient of "Skill X" from 2.0 to 1.5 (25%)".

Having to do quick maffs for that many changes is pretty tedious.
    Comparison between changes would also be way easier and more practical.

git gud at maff

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nom nom nom🥔
    Fun Daredevil

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Xar.6279 said:

@otto.5684 said:
    I think this is the end of sPvP for me. I am for curbing power creep a bit, but reducing CD on everything, lowering the damage on everything, seems like random number generator. Some skills has the CDs they had and deal the damage/heal they do for a reason. Not to mention, there is no way in hell to know what skill does how much damage/heal and how much CD on my main class WHEN EVERY SINGLE SKILL IS DIFFERENT. Forget the other 8 classes.

This is a different game. One that seems a derivative of the existing one, confusing and far less interesting. I am already on the fence on GW2 as a whole, sPvP was one of the few remaining anchors that keeps me attached to the game. I think this it for this. And with PvE changes boarding on pathetic, I think this is it for the game.

git gud

What does this mean?! You think this is hello kitty I am playing sPvP for the first time?! I am arguing that splitting every skill and trait damage is dumb. If you do not have anything to add to the conversation then s*************.

• Tapps.1479Tapps.1479 Member ✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

Suppriesed to see Herald healing skill Facet of Light/ Infuse light untouched. Maybe cap the max amount of damage it can heal.
    Also, please consider toning down the power of theif short bow 5 skill infiltraitors arrow. Maybe it should used on an enemy target so that it's used for infiltration instead of just being hands down the best mobility in the game.

Lastly, gonna be sad to see big ol' bomb doing 2 damage :(

• Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:

Engineer

Profession Mechanics

Photon Forge

• Autoattack Chain: Reduced power coefficients from 0.6/1.0/1.6 to 0.4/.666/1.066
    • Holo Leap: Reduced power coefficient from 1.25 to 0.91
    • Corona Burst: Reduced might and vulnerability durations from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
    • Photon Blitz: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.3 to 0.2
    • Holographic Shockwave: Reduced power coefficient from 0.56 to 0.01

Weapons

Rifle

• Hip Shot: Reduced power coefficient from 0.65 to 0.44
    • Net Shot: Reduced power coefficient from 0.5 to 0.3. Increased cooldown from 9 seconds to 10 seconds
    • Blunderbuss: Reduced minimum power coefficient from 1.1 to 0.5. Reduced maximum power coefficient from 1.76 to 1.31. Increased cooldown from 9 seconds to 12 seconds
    • Overcharged Shot: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01. Increased cooldown from 14 seconds to 15 seconds
    • Jump Shot: Reduced initial leap power coefficient from 0.3 to 0.1. Reduced landing power coefficient from 2.4 to 1.74. Reduced vulnerability duration from 7 seconds to 6 seconds. Increased cooldown from 18 seconds to 20 seconds

Pistol

• Fragmentation Shot: Reduced power coefficient from 0.4 to 0.266
    • Poison Dart Volley: Reduced power coefficient per hit from 0.4 to 0.2. Increased poison duration from 7 seconds to 10 seconds.
    • Static Shot: Reduced power coefficient per hit from 0.4 to 0.3
    • Blowtorch: Adjusted minimum burning from 4 stacks for 3 seconds to 2 stacks for 6 seconds. Adjusted maximum burning from 4 stacks for 6 seconds to 2 stacks for 12 seconds. Increased cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds

Hammer

• Autoattack Chain:

• Positive Bash: Reduced power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.533. Reduced might duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
      • Negative Bash: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.666. Reduced vulnerability duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
      • Equalizing blow: Reduced power coefficient from 1.4 to 0.933. Reduced might and vulnerability durations from 8 seconds to 6 seconds
    • Electro-Whirl: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 1.2 to 0.68. Increased cooldown from 6 seconds to 8 seconds

• Rocket Charge: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 1.1 to 0.74. Increased cooldown from 12 seconds to 18 seconds
    • Shock Shield: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.25 to 0.1
    • Thunderclap: Reduced power coefficient per strike from 0.8 to 0.45. Reduced vulnerability duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds

Sword

• Autoattack Chain: Reduced power coefficients from 0.88/0.93/1.5 to 0.586/0.62/1.0. Reduced vulnerability duration from 10 seconds to 6 seconds
    • Refraction Cutter: Reduced strike power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.75
    • Radiant Arc: Reduced base quickness duration from 2 seconds to 1 second. Reduced bonus quickness duration per 50% heat from 2 seconds to 1 second

Heal

• Static Shock (AED Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01
    • Healing Turret: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds
    • Med Blaster (Med Kit 1): Reduced heal coefficient from 0.2 to 0.1
    • Medic Gyro: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds. Reduced pulse heal coefficient from 0.6 to 0.25. Reduced initial heal coeffcient from 0.7 to 0.2
    • Reconstruction Field (Medic Gyro Toolbelt): Reduced protection duration from 2 seconds to 1 second
    • Coolant Blast: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 25 seconds

Utility

• Big Ol' Bomb (Bomb Kit Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient from 2.475 to 0.01. Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds
    • Grenade Barrage (Grenade Kit Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient per grenade from 0.6 to 0.5
    • Super Elixir (Elixir Gun 5): Reduced pulse base heal from 204 to 163. Reduced pulse heal coefficient from 0.1 to 0.05
    • Magnet (Tool Kit 5): Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 25 seconds
    • Elixir B: Reduced boon durations from 10 seconds to 6 seconds. Reduced cooldown from 40 seconds to 30 seconds
    • Toss Elixir B (Elixir B Toolbelt): Reduced might duration from 10 seconds to 6 seconds
    • Toss Elixir S: Reduced stealth duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
    • Personal Battering Ram: Reduced power coefficient from 1.25 to 0.01. Reduced ammo recharge from 25 seconds to 20 seconds
    • Launch Personal Battering Ram (Personal Battering Ram Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient from 1.5 to 0.5
    • Rocket Boots: Reduced power coefficient from 1.25 to 0.5
    • Super Speed (Slick Shoes Toolbelt): Reduced superspeed duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
    • Throw Mine: Reduced power coefficient from 2.0 to 0.01. Increased boons removed from 1 to 3
    • Mine Field (Throw Mine Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient per mine from 0.77 to 0.5
    • Surprise Shot (Rifle Turret Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5
    • Rocket Turret: Reduced overcharge power coefficient from 2.75 to 0.01
    • Thump (Thumper Turret Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01
    • Blast Gyro: Reduced power coefficient from 2.25 to 0.01. Reduced might duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds. Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds
    • Bypass Coating (Blast Gyro Toolbelt): Increased cooldown from 30 seconds to 35 seconds
    • Defense Field (Bulwark Gyro Toolbelt): Increased cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds
    • Spectrum Shield: WvW will now use the PvP version of the skill (25% reduced recharge over heat threshold)
    • Hard Light Arena: Reduced field duration from 8 seconds to 4 seconds. Reduced bonus field duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds. Reduced cooldown from 45 seconds to 30 seconds
    • Prismatic Singularity (Hard Light Arena Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient from 0.1 to 0.01. Reduced cooldown from 45 seconds to 35 seconds
    • Photon Wall: Reduced power coefficient per wall from 1.5 to 0.5
    • Particle Accelerator (Photon Wall Toolbelt): Reduced power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.4. Increased cooldown from 8 seconds to 10 seconds

Elite

• Supply Crate: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.01. Increased stun duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. Reduced cooldown from 120 seconds to 90 seconds
    • Sneak Gyro: PvP will now use the WvW version of the skill (60s cd)
    • Prime Light Beam: Reduced power coefficient from 3.0 to 0.01. Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 40 seconds

Traits

Firearms

• Sharpshooter: Reduced bleeding duration from 3 seconds to 1 second
    • Serrated Steel: Reduced bonus bleeding duration from 33% to 15%
    • Thermal Vision: Reduced expertise from 150 to 60
    • Juggernaut: Reduced might duration from 12 seconds to 6 seconds. Reduced bonus might duration from 20% to 10%
    • Incendiary Powder: Reduced bonus burning duration from 33% to 10%. Reduced burning duration from 8 seconds to 4 seconds

Inventions

• Experimental Turrets: Reduced might duration from 10 seconds to 6 seconds
    • Bunker Down: Increased internal cooldown from 3 seconds to 4 seconds
    • Medical Dispersion Field: Reduced heal share percentage from 50% to 25%

Alchemy

• Hidden Flask: Reduced boon durations from 8 seconds to 4 seconds
    • Compounding Chemicals: Reduced concentration from 240 to 75
    • Invigorating Speed: Increased internal cooldown from 5 seconds to 10 seconds
    • Protection Injection: Increased internal cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds
    • Health Insurance: Reduced outgoing heal bonus from 20% to 7%
    • Comeback Cure: Reduced regeneration duration from 4 seconds to 1.5 seconds
    • Emergency Elixir: Increased internal cooldown from 40 seconds to 60 seconds
    • HGH: Adjusted might duration from 2 stacks for 15 seconds to 3 stacks for 6 seconds
    • Purity of Purpose: Boon durations have been adjusted as follows:
      • Protection, Quickness, Stability, Alacrity: Reduced from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds
      • Resistance: Reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds
      • Fury, Aegis, Retaliation, Regeneration: Reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
      • Vigor: Reduced from 10 seconds to 3 seconds
      • Might, Swiftness: Reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds

Tools

• Static Discharge: Reduced power coefficient from 0.33 to 0.2
    • Power Wrench: Reduced cooldown reduction from 33% to 20%. Reduced elite skill recharge from 3 seconds to 1 second
    • Lock On: Reduced fury duration from 5 seconds to 2.5 seconds. Adjusted vulnerability from 10 stacks for 8 seconds to 5 stacks for 6 seconds
    • Takedown Round: Reduced power coefficient from 2.0 to 0.5
    • Kinetic Battery: Reduced quickness duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds

Scrapper

• Gyroscopic Acceleration: Reduced superspeed duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
    • Mass Momentum: Reduced stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
    • Expert Examination: Reduced weakness duration from 4 seconds to 3 seconds

Holosmith

• Heat Therapy: Reduced base heal per stack from 49 to 39
    • Thermal Release Valve: Reduced power coefficient from 0.75 to 0.1. Reduced burning duration from 6 seconds to 2 seconds

I still think the pistol main-hand auto attack for Engi needs to match its tooltip of .5s cast time, instead of .8s cast time that it is currently.

As well, Inventions needs a serious looking into. It doesn't have much synergy with itself in terms of regeneration and the like.

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

• Paradoxoglanis.1904Paradoxoglanis.1904 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

I obviously didnt read every change in huge detail and wont understand the implications of these changes until its possible to test them, but some of these changes seem very questionable. For starters, a 0.01 power coefficient on cc seems like overkill. CC is too powerful right now but i think the problem is the abundance of cc skills, not the damage they do. However since removing some cc entirely is probably too big of a change, increasing cooldowns, or even a 0.1 power coefficient would probably be enough to make cc skills damage much more reasonable, while still making them do enough damage to secure a down/kill or be a significant part of a damage combo.

Second, there dont seem to be many nerfs to mobility skills, either in range or cd time. Mobility needs to be tuned down if damage is being tuned down since the gap between low and high mobility classes is very large. With lower damage, fights will likely last longer and depend more on positioning and kiting, which will make mobility even more important and impactful.

Lastly i didnt really see many changes to condition damage and cleansing but I probably just skimmed over it, or its in the general notes. Im skeptical that just reducing the number of stacks is going to make condi more engaging and fun to fight&play.

Overall its great to see so many changes all focused at reducing power creep and improving the quality of gameplay.

• awesome patch! nerf ele glyph, way 2 strong atm, otherwise this is insane! thanks to the team, keep this going <3

• smokescreen needs to be at least a min cd, its the stronget skill in the game
    ele glyph is digsutingly op needs like 2 min cd or so
    these are the most cancerous things about currente metagame and theyre being left out
    its very disappointing

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I wanted such dmg reductions since HoT. However as others correctly mentioned; if these changes are to come through then Thiefs Shadow Arts and its huge stealth uptime will need a nerf too, maybe put other requirements on the Stealth on Heal (like "be below 50% hp" or something of the sorts) and other traits.
    So far this might be the very best balance update I have ever gotten to read and I absolutely can't wait for it.

I have to admit lots of the past updates have been somewhat of a disappointment to me let alone trying to survive current meta, but this one, oh joy, I agree with every single line.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

Also, PLEASE CHECK OTHER THREAD if you haven't already.

Theres some juicy stuff in those too. I know Cal mentioned it but I need the soulbeasts to know they can only use one pet now.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:
    Aside from how terrible balance is inevitably going be after basically flipping the board on this game, can we please stop blanket nerfing all hard cc skills to negligable damage. Cast time, cool down, range, and cc duration all need to be weighed against each other to determine appropriate damage levels. All this does is make long cool down well telegraphed CC's like prime light beam complete trash compared to more spammable and less telegraphed stuff like overcharged shot.

After this patch goes live we can see which CC skills fall off the charts.
    I don't think prime light beam is one of them though. 40 second cd launch is still hot, especially since it hits multi, drops a fire field on high heat, and can be precast from stealth.

Also its a 1.25 windup cast for 1200 range, unblockable less if you got quickness. If anyone should be complaining about their cc skills lacking damage its reaper but it's too early to even say that.

Let them make all the cc hit for null. I want to see how that plays out.

[Charr Noises]
    [I play every class!]
    [I don't share builds!]
    [Fight me in the arena anytime!]

• Genuinely happy that they chose to tone down the amount of damage, buffing and so on, no more explosive combat, or at least less.
    I'll be going back to pvp once this update hits.

• ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

Simply put most of these changes i am good with wont even lie tons of nerfs but it needed to happen im happy to see that some professions on paper dont look like they will be over nerfed compared to the obvious ones that really really really needed it.

I was expecting necro to be over nerfed but i am fine with the damage nerfs to be honest necro will be even more weak to cc now though but i mean that was already a thing. On paper it looks like damage soaking for necromancer as it was designed to do will be some what on par with damage evasion that other professions have but again this is on paper.

Necros sustain now will mainly depend on how everyone elses damage output looks and i would say with everyone dropping down and boons also coming down this is looking like one of you best balance passes so far.

Im sad at the loss of foot in the grave although it was weak as heck but you replaced it with something that might actually see use and most defiantly should have been included in the necromancers kit in some way. I can say if this was the perfect spot for it but its good to see that a trait like "Eternal Life" was added in the general notes.

Im super happy to see some of the insane stuff go and some elites get more proper trade offs like the other already have.

Im still waiting on a total scourge rework though i dont see anyone using that even with the reduction to everything else its just too clunky overall on paper these notes so far look like solid 8/10. I would say this is mostly step in the right direction for competitive modes.

edited February 1, 2020

@Curennos.9307 said:
    Don't even like mirage and I already feel bad w/that -1 dodge. Goodness gracious, that is def too harsh right there.

Harsh like fighting them on a melee low mobility spec has been for the past couple years?
    In the distance, cackling "Tradeoffff! Tradeofff!"

@Nebilim.5127 said:
    Why was stealth largely untouched?

Probably because the damage you can do out of it got shaved too, and stealth alone is detrimental to contest.
    Def up for shaving that if needs be though.

[Charr Noises]
    [I play every class!]
    [I don't share builds!]

• Warhorn
    Charge: PvP will now use the WvW version of the skill (10% damage bonus)
    Call of Valor: Reduced number of conditions cleansed from 3 to 2

Burst of Strength (Facet of Strength): Reduced damage bonus from 15% to 7%

???

• Hello.
    I really hoped that you would change the "Unload" skill and show some love to P/P pvp. Right now it is a very slow (1.5 sec), expensive (6 ini), easily avoided skill that does moderate damage. You almost never get 1 initiative back and 8 hits, since everyone dodges, blocks, reflects, absorbs. And now you plan to cut the damage from both the auto attack and the "Unload". Why reduce auto attack damage? It is already very weak for power builds.
    Can you change the skill so that the initiative is spent during the application of the skill, and not immediately? This will allow more flexibility to manage the stock of initiative. Or reduce the application time if you decide to reduce damage.
    P/P is only weapons set that doesn't have any viable defense. No stealth acsess, no evade, no block. "Black Powder" was nerfed. Another idea is to make "Black Powder" smoke cloud to block projectile, like DE 4 skill. P/P need some defense.

edited February 1, 2020

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:
    Mesmer:

• Nothing seemed too outstanding to comment on, until I got to this: Mirage Cloak: This trait now reduces the mirage's endurance by 50 in competitive modes = Woah woah! Is that... necessary? I mean a lot of people with long time aggression vs. Mirage are probably thinking "YEAH IT DESERVES IT. SCREW MIRAGE" but really guys, without the ability to double dodge roll when needed, the Mirage is going to frequently be caught in the kinds of bursting that it cannot avoid. I think Arenanet needs to seriously reconsider this very heavy handed nerf.

sigh.
    I want to be petty and I'll continue being petty later but, putting that aside:

But mirrors grant evade to mes, and some of their utilities outright create these. I think being forced to tag mirrors to cover the rest of their evade sounds suitable.

If it's too much though, at least try adding easier access to vigor to bridge the gap before going the emergency revert route.

[Charr Noises]
    [I play every class!]
    [I don't share builds!]

• shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭

I think thief initiative regen should get slowed. Builds like s/d thief are going to be nuts post-patch because their tempos haven't been nerfed.

Who cares if the damage gets nerfed when s/d thief can still use their s3 evade multiple times. And defensive cooldowns have been increased so it's just gonna be incredibly strong.

• Hi, as a fellow necro main that plays in Plat 2, i just saw that you guys didn't revert the nerf that made shades not work on the player unless you use manifest shade on yourself , please I beg you guys to look after scourge based on mechanical issues that happen on pvp and play a few matches with him to realize how bad this skill looks.

• As a lifelong ranger in PvP I support all of these changes, and look forward to the new and interesting metas.
    We debated this in HoTM today and everyone generally agrees the ranger dial backs were for the best, as will also enable other pets and specs to be playable.
    --Will we FINALLY see spirits in conquest again?!!

• mes.4607mes.4607 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DoritoGod.5817 said:
    true shot nerf? yup absolutely needed

Every nerf hurt my soul

How the heck do I get 5 stars?