World Linking 1/31/2020

Cal Cohen.2358

@Grey Mane.9487 said:

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:Man......shout out from TC to our SoR friends. We gonna miss you all.You guys are a really great link and really nice people. Thank you.

P.S Excuse Monkey, some would have insta blocked him and some would have laught at Team Chat with the commotion he makes when he's not banned.

Monkey changed servers? He used to be on DB. He was our own little piece of crazy then too. You either love him or hate him. <3

He's been with us for a long time. Could be an alt account of him.He's been immortalized on TC with a guild named after him.[iggy] Monkey Master Fanclub

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mannah.4012 said:

@Mannah.4012 said:Omg BB finally linked

yeah, they can finally ppt during the night and day too now :)

They want easy ktrains :P Anet delivered them that, even when NSP fough them they could outman us in every map while that server was tanking ahaha.

I think that link is needed because we don't have ppl during the daytime because our real life schedule while international servers lack ppl at nightime. It would provide benefits for both sides. You think we like to play against 50+ ppl blobs on daytime when we're like 20? It's the same issue for both sides but at different hours.

But u loved to ktrain out empty maps this week, didnt u? hehehe.

The way Anet manages and pairs servers is a joke, ignores the timezones wich creates huge blobs vs servers that are dead at one ktrain time zone, then its the other server one by one to ktrain vs empty maps.

Lets see if this pairings will lead to less blob vs empty timezones :\, would be great if that happens, since they kinda feel hardcoded rather by glicko.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

They want easy ktrains :P Anet delivered them that, even when NSP fough them they could outman us in every map while that server was tanking ahaha.

I think that link is needed because we don't have ppl during the daytime because our real life schedule while international servers lack ppl at nightime. It would provide benefits for both sides. You think we like to play against 50+ ppl blobs on daytime when we're like 20? It's the same issue for both sides but at different hours.

The way Anet manages and pairs servers is a joke, ignores the timezones wich creates huge blobs vs servers that are dead at one ktrain time zone, then its the other server one by one to ktrain vs empty maps.

Lets see if this pairings will lead to less blob vs empty timezones :\, would be great if that happens, since they kinda feel hardcoded rather by glicko.

I'm without internet right now since 2 weeks ago so I don't know how have the matchups gone this week xDI agree with you that most times links are horrible. Let's see how this works.

World Linking 1/31/2020 Dragonbrand, Gate of Madness !!!World Linking 10/25/2019 Dragonbrand, Sorrow's FurnaceWorld Linking 8/30/2019 Dragonbrand, Gate of Madness !!!World Linking 6/27/2019 Dragonbrand, Eredon TerraceWorld Linking 4/26/2019 Dragonbrand, Isle of Janthir !!World Linking 2/22/2019 Dragonbrand, Isle of Janthir !!World linking 12/21/2018 Gate of Madness, Dragonbrand !!!
World Linking 10/26/2018 Henge of Denravi, DragonbrandWorld Linking 8/31/2018 Stormbluff Isle, Dragonbrand

@foxof.8752 said:World Linking 1/31/2020 Dragonbrand, Gate of Madness !!!World Linking 10/25/2019 Dragonbrand, Sorrow's FurnaceWorld Linking 8/30/2019 Dragonbrand, Gate of Madness !!!World Linking 6/27/2019 Dragonbrand, Eredon TerraceWorld Linking 4/26/2019 Dragonbrand, Isle of Janthir !!World Linking 2/22/2019 Dragonbrand, Isle of Janthir !!World linking 12/21/2018 Gate of Madness, Dragonbrand !!!

World Linking 10/26/2018 Henge of Denravi, DragonbrandWorld Linking 8/31/2018 Stormbluff Isle, Dragonbrand

I pronounce you (GoM & DB) man and wife \o/

@Sparky.8724 said:International links were a mistake. Please keep national servers together, people are actually transfering away rather than play with the french. Both parties would prefer it this way too.

I think it's a little bit the same for DE and ES servers. It doesn't seem to have gone really well for Vabbi with the Germans.

For the FR, when AR was allied with Blackside, everyone left Blackside (I do not criticize them, I understand them) ... Certainly, AR spoke English with difficulty (it is a real problem the level of English of FR) but anyway there were not many people who speak English on Blackside ... Possibly there were more people on AR who did not understand English than people who play in WvW on Blackside ... So use English for Blackside players at the expense of French which are bad in English, it became irrelevant.

Otherwise with regard to the FR servers, I think that the number of French-speaking players does not justify 2 main and 3 secondary servers, that's too much. Ranik and Arborea, lol ... You have to understand the frustration of AR for example, having an empty ally server and having matchup against them Zerks of 45 players when they can only have 25 ...

Blackside was a decent secondary server. He ends up with AR and is worth nothing. So we put it with Desolation, the super bankable server that could have stayed alone ... All those who have easy migration are attracted, and, after 3 months Blackside is again a super secondary server. So we put it with a main server not too top like MDJ ... But as they are with FR, that the servers fr it is not super bankable, that the population, come for Desolation, migrates easily ... They s 'go, and the FR server is left with a bad ally ...

I fully understand that the secondary EN servers are disgusted with being with FR, this is normal. But the way it happens also disgusts the FR, and it also seems normal to me ... The FR servers and the EN servers are bored and do not make enough efforts. And the opinions of each other with their allies deteriorates even more ... Thank you Anet.

The end of the restrictions is not necessarily the problem, but, Anet will have to take into account that the small EN servers for the main FR GR or SP servers will rarely be terrible and vice versa. The Blackside server associated with MDJ is an active population divided by how much compared to the Blackside server associated with Desolation ??? 3? 4?... So, sorry for my english level, I'm french XD.

@Adimante.8034 said:

@Sparky.8724 said:International links were a mistake. Please keep national servers together, people are actually transfering away rather than play with the french. Both parties would prefer it this way too.

I think it's a little bit the same for DE and ES servers. It doesn't seem to have gone really well for Vabbi with the Germans.

For the FR, when AR was allied with Blackside, everyone left Blackside (I do not criticize them, I understand them) ... Certainly, AR spoke English with difficulty (it is a real problem the level of English of FR) but anyway there were not many people who speak English on Blackside ... Possibly there were more people on AR who did not understand English than people who play in WvW on Blackside ... So use English for Blackside players at the expense of French which are bad in English, it became irrelevant.

Otherwise with regard to the FR servers, I think that the number of French-speaking players does not justify 2 main and 3 secondary servers, that's too much. Ranik and Arborea, lol ... You have to understand the frustration of AR for example, having an empty ally server and having matchup against them Zerks of 45 players when they can only have 25 ...

Blackside was a decent secondary server. He ends up with AR and is worth nothing. So we put it with Desolation, the super bankable server that could have stayed alone ... All those who have easy migration are attracted, and, after 3 months Blackside is again a super secondary server. So we put it with a main server not too top like MDJ ... But as they are with FR, that the servers fr it is not super bankable, that the population, come for Desolation, migrates easily ... They s 'go, and the FR server is left with a bad ally ...

I fully understand that the secondary EN servers are disgusted with being with FR, this is normal. But the way it happens also disgusts the FR, and it also seems normal to me ... The FR servers and the EN servers are bored and do not make enough efforts. And the opinions of each other with their allies deteriorates even more ... Thank you Anet.

The end of the restrictions is not necessarily the problem, but, Anet will have to take into account that the small EN servers for the main FR GR or SP servers will rarely be terrible and vice versa. The Blackside server associated with MDJ is an active population divided by how much compared to the Blackside server associated with Desolation ??? 3? 4?... So, sorry for my english level, I'm french XD.

Funny you mention AR, since this is the host of my linked server. There is absolutey nobody playing on AR right now? Guess they all transfered to vizunah again or not?

I think there are more people on AR than on Aurora :) and clearly more than on Vizu. But for sure AR for a main server does not seem to me to have a large population, and much less than a certain number of other main ones.

And no, they did not go to Vizu, it's just that 2 main and 3 secondary seem to me too much for the number of players in the French-speaking community.

When I see Piken with Abaddon and AR with Aurora and the match up it gives (whereas in the previous match up Piken was alone and did as well as AR allied to Surmia and that night Abaddon as main server had groups of 25 players and put AR 400 to 10) ...

I wonder about how Anet decides the links ...Me for example I see that we go to 4 division without Anet having never talked about it (even if we knew it was going to happen), that AR is left with a rotten match up against Piken + Aaddon, that our ally who in a 5-division diagram would have been interesting but 4-division is complicated, etc. In fact the WvW, like a number of AR players it tires me a bit so I'm going to go less ... and sorry for Aurora.

It's been 5 months since RA has done no better than the last of D4 ... Anet makes the links he makes.

@Irelia.8964 said:

@Irelia.8964 said:Whoever thought Underworld and Deso are a good link, please ... nah I don't even know what to say xD

I mean, they did give 'Full' Servers two links aswell.

The two most active ppt servers together. Deso already NEVER left T1 ... oof

eh, blacktide was way more active than underworld apparently, at least judging from the past weekend. rather talk about kodash+sfr becoming a link

@"Adzekul.3104" said:Early feedback from T1 EU reset ... big queues, to be expected I suppose.saturday really had no big queues; ebg sometimes 40ish, usually 20ish around prime across some maps, but "big" queues are/would be 60+@Aeolus.3615 said:

you can't simply argue with that; WSR also brought blobs of ~50ppl to our ebg keep at 4am and then again at 6am one sunday, then one other time under the week (wednesday i think) at 8am. those are incredibly weird times and seem to occur for every server, but are likely planned alike. you don't just have a coordinated blobsize (~45+) nor even zergsize (21-25+) sitting on your borders at every possible time of the day, not even in t1 servers.

ANET you screwed up again with the relinks and current relinks are not balanced at all.

• Some the servers have some hours of the day that where WvW population is low or just dead.
  • Then there are some servers that have a very strong WvW population all hours of the day

For an example take Tarnished Coast it has Pacific Time (PST) morning hours WvW population is low or just dead Tarnished Coast is linked with Isle of Janthir and the WvW population is still low or just dead in some hours.

Then there are some servers that have a very strong WvW population all hours of the day like Anvil Rock they are very active all hours of the day which should have no linked server or the lowest WvW population server linked them.

Tarnished Coast - Full: This means that Tarnished Coast will not have any more people on the server and/or means most of its player base is in PvE.

WvW population is very different than server wide population.

ANET you need to look at the real WvW population and what hours of the day and strong and weak for each server to really know what to do in relinks to each server. By doing this way matches will be very close and really fun long fights on all WvW maps.

Current it is like one server dominating 1 or 2 servers consistently when their WvW population is very low or dead this not really balanced and I heard from other players for the last 2 relinks they are quitting the game because they loosing interest I tell them not to quit and it is only a game but they quit anyway.

The current population of servers taken from the wikiNorth America - 24 worldsDevona's Rest 1 — MediumEhmry Bay 2 — MediumEredon Terrace — MediumIsle of Janthir — MediumKaineng — MediumSanctum of Rall 4 — MediumSorrow's Furnace — MediumStormbluff Isle — MediumBorlis Pass — HighCrystal Desert — HighDarkhaven — HighFerguson's Crossing 3 — HighGate of Madness — HighHenge of Denravi — HighNorthern Shiverpeaks — HighAnvil Rock — Very HighDragonbrand — Very HighFort Aspenwood — Very HighYak's Bend — Very HighBlackgate — FullJade Quarry — FullMaguuma — FullSea of Sorrows — FullTarnished Coast — Full

Europe - 27 worlds, 13 with a specific language focusBlacktide — MediumFissure of Woe — MediumRing of Fire — MediumRuins of Surmia — MediumUnderworld — MediumVabbi — MediumArborstone FR MediumFort Ranik FR MediumVizunah Square FR MediumKodash DE MediumMiller's Sound DE MediumAurora Glade — HighFar Shiverpeaks — HighGunnar's Hold — HighPiken Square — HighAbaddon's Mouth DE HighDrakkar Lake DE HighDesolation — Very HighAugury Rock FR Very HighJade Sea FR Very HighRiverside DE Very HighBaruch Bay 6 ES Very HighGandara — FullSeafarer's Rest — FullWhiteside Ridge 5 — FullDzagonur DE FullElona Reach DE Full

@"pointaction.4639" said:ANET you need to look at the real WvW population and what hours of the day and strong and weak for each server to really know what to do in relinks to each server. By doing this way matches will be very close and really fun long fights on all WvW maps.

It's not that simple to do because of the amount of servers is actually quite small to work with, and the ones with off hours coverage to make up for those heavy na servers is even smaller, eu also had the bonus of separate language servers which at the time they weren't looking to mix with others so that was even more of a restriction. So even if they tried to piece together links by time zone activity some server are bound to get screwed over anyways. This is why way back when we had polls they asked if we would be ok with more smaller servers in order to have more pieces to put together links and the community said no, probably because they didn't fully understand what they were trying to accomplish, they just magically wanted perfect matches and that was that. There is no perfect 12 link servers to put with 12 perfect host, or in the eu case it was 12 links with 15 host, each and every time.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Hypothetically-Speaking-New-Worlds

This would all go down the drain anyways when players move right after new links are announced, making it an extra waste of time manually trying to perfectly match servers when players will just screw it up anyways. Also there's no constant consistent play times, there are servers that tank on purpose, there are guilds that take time off, and frankly it'll just become a full time job for someone to sort through all that information for each and every server, this is why they wanted the automated alliance system to handle all this.

@pointaction.4639 said:Tarnished Coast - Full: This means that Tarnished Coast will not have any more people on the server and/or means most of its player base is in PvE.

That's not how it works. PvE players don't count toward server population. Population is based on WvW play-hours. TC has a lot of people playing during primetime, therefore they are full.

@Irelia.8964 said:

@Irelia.8964 said:Whoever thought Underworld and Deso are a good link, please ... nah I don't even know what to say xD

I mean, they did give 'Full' Servers two links aswell.

The two most active ppt servers together. Deso already NEVER left T1 ... oof

Maybe some guilds, ppt Comms and players will move from underworld though, but it depends on where everyone moves and whether we can spread out the population, now that every host has at least link.

But of course, if RTK stays they will just continue that nightcap and Deso gets stuck in T1 again with SFR for now.

@briggah.7910 said:when you relink servers, use your brains and put servers that are FULL in the top tiers. I swear you guys have no idea what you are doing every single relink. you just put names in a hat, draw them and then you close your eyes and decide what tiers the servers should be in

Which would last for one week....

Then one would move down, and if bad enough, continue to move down.

Full is only a play hours threshold. It has nothing to do with how they perform in WvW.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@briggah.7910 said:when you relink servers, use your brains and put servers that are FULL in the top tiers. I swear you guys have no idea what you are doing every single relink. you just put names in a hat, draw them and then you close your eyes and decide what tiers the servers should be in

Full is only a play hours threshold. It has nothing to do with how they perform in WvW.

one up one down was stupid idea but hey its what the loud mouth minorities wanted and we have it.

@briggah.7910 said:

one up one down was stupid idea but hey its what the loud mouth minorities wanted and we have it.

Fair enough. I don’t see it changing.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:You fell for it. BG with a link. Just block kitten transfer to DR stat

More people transfered to FA and fa link then to BG and bg link..........

Possible but unlikely. They all went somewhere. I mean FA sbi should never of started in t4. That combo easy t2

FA went from very high to full and SBI went from medium to high

@Stagar.6489 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:You fell for it. BG with a link. Just block kitten transfer to DR stat

More people transfered to FA and fa link then to BG and bg link..........

Possible but unlikely. They all went somewhere. I mean FA sbi should never of started in t4. That combo easy t2

FA went from very high to full and SBI went from medium to highsbi has 3 sea guilds lota koreans made sbi there home and lota NA pugs so it's normal to see ppl move there just like how they did when they were linked to magand with jq not having that big sea pop anymore don't know if they are just on break on smthing but the sea of sbi will just run over everything so you probably see FA on perma t1

Dayum, Mag is a trihard ppt server now...

Glicko ratings is a stupid system! Fighting the same server for 4 weeks in a row!One up one down is a stupid system! Fighting servers above us!Damage is too high tone it down! Get rid of one shots!OMG you toned everything down by one third now we gonna hit like wet noodles!Just can't win with blind wvw people.