Balance Patch Preview - Global

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

Obsidian Flesh: This skill now locks the player's skill bar while invulnerable.

okkk now its entirely useless 90% of the time. now fresh air eles only defense is nothing more then a time waster, it will allow enemies to recover and puts the ele at a disadvantage when using it.

Crystal Configuration: Eclipse: This trait no longer causes Corona Burst to grant stability. Increased base barrier granted from 374 to 991 in PvE and 748 in competitive modes.

GREAT now holos are incapable of being in melee so they are forced to take storm and meme from range. all melee specs need stab.

Lead the Wind: No longer grants swiftness when performing a projectile combo. Instead grants swiftness for 10 seconds and quickness for 5 seconds (2.5 seconds in PvP and WvW) when striking with an attack from beyond 1200 range. This effect has a 15 second cooldown.

omg you're giving them more quickness... you should be taking quickness away from everyone not giving more to the one class who has the most access to it.

Replenishing Despair (REWORK): While upkeeping a skill you gain +1 energy regeneration. Additionally you self-inflict 1 stack of torment for 5 seconds every second.

what the hell is this. a self destruct button? you are making it impossible for revs to use any upkeep skills until about 3 secs before they can legend swap again, unless they spend all their energy spamming resistance.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please have a look at Guardian's Feel My Wrath - this skill is strangling the "ambitious" PVE endgame because it generates too much quickness without any investment in concentration, it leads to one-sided class stacking and crowds out support builds. Generally, it would be great if crucial boons could only be provided with at least some investment into boon duration.

The Soulbeast change seems fair but it will lead to even more permanently merged Slb gameplay and even less benefit from ever unmerging. It'd be nice if, at least in open world scenarios, unmerging/merging was a more viable playstyle.

Hello ,

I have a feedback with " twice as vicious " trait on soul beast. first of all I apologies for my broken English.

" twice as vicious " is a great trait that gives 5% damage bonus for both cond and normal damage in additional it will get up to 10%. However this trait is rarely used on condition soulbeast with d/d , d/t build as this spec doesn't have any disable skill. So the only condi soubeast that can have benefit from this trait is only the one equip with SB (as it has a disabling skill) . I would like to see this trait to be accessible to all type of condi soulbeast especially dd dt build .

to accommodate this I would suggest the spike trap skill cd can be reduce so it can assist with getting the trait activated. The problem with spike trap at the moment is the CD is way too long , even with trapper's expertise trait .making this trait not that great to be used in pve content. The purpose of this is to make the skill to be used in conjunction with the trait.

In additional to the mentioned benefit , this also help condi soulbeast to have additional CC in raid (in which at the moment is a bit lacking).

with this suggested change the trait will be easily accessed to all different type of soul beast build.

Thank you

I feel that forcing the Soulbeast to only have 1 pet in combat is unhealthy for the profession. It is going to lead to a constant perma merge playstyle where having that “drawback” won’t even matter since the player has no iniative to unmerge anyways.

Not to mention that one of the more drawing features of playing a ranger is being able to plan your two pets and be versatile. I love when I get the reason to unmerge and quickly swap pet to counter an issue or adapt to a situation, being versatile is part of the spec and profession as a whole. Taking that away from Soulbeast is a shame.

If you are going to remove Foot in the Grave because stability should not be on necromancer atleast have the decency of putting the stun break back in somewhere. The stun break is needed in sPvP since all the stun breaks with exception of Flesh Wurm are getting nerfed in that mode

Woooooohoooooo.

I like the changes and the balance shake up.

Finally Winters bite is AoE baseline.And as a ranger main I am happy with the soulbeast tradeoff. It removes versatility but gives meaning back to the petswap traits.

The new Death magic Grant master looks sweet, my death magic reaper is happy.

The revenant changes seem interesting, especially devastation. My immortal herald will try this out.

Engineer changes I am Lukewarm about. They could be really fun or hilariously broken, so let's see.

Overall great balance pass.

-Summoned Elementals: Increased elemental summon time from 60 seconds to 120 seconds. Added indicator buffs to show the remaining time for your elemental.-Lesser Glyph of Elementals: These elementals can no longer be commanded. However you can now summon more than one at the same time. All lesser elementals die if this glyph is unequipped.

Noice my asura can now have an army of elemental minions! *mwhuahha

Elementalist"Obsidian Flesh: This skill now locks the player's skill bar while invulnerable."

That is just impossible, don't do it, it's a joke? Stop locking skills!! Not for pve! I need it!

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

• Glyph of the Stars: Reduced the cooldown of this skill to 60 seconds from 90 seconds.this is USELESS. it roots the user for 7 SECONDS.

It doesn't root the player, it is a mobile channel. Honestly I really like the skill and have been trying to make it work, and have with varying success. I think it will be a bit more relevant with everything being brought down, but I would like to see some more attention brought to the e-spec in general. Only thing IMO that the skill needs is for the CA version to be affected by quickness.

Obsidian Flesh: This skill now locks the player's skill bar while invulnerable.

WHY GOD WHY?????As if focus was SO overpowered that you need to nerf one of the few skills it's still being chosen for by a few Eles sometimes? No, really - why? What could be consideration behind that? Like, swarms of Eles who defeat all other builds while wielding the focus? Focus is one of the least popular choices already, why the hell nerf it like that? Give us a single reason.

At least make this change not affect PvE please, if this skill is SOOO overpowered in PvP (what I seriously doubt too).

An inexorable force on the battlefield, the reaper empowers itself enough to wield a cleaving greatsword to harvest its foes. Slow and hard-hitting, these deadly combatants call out the impending doom of their enemies with piercing shouts. Upon accumulating sufficient life force, they can enter the reaper’s shroud, a deadly form that grants them a dark scythe of malevolent energy and the abilities to match it. Capable of heavily afflicting their victims with chill and other conditions, the reaper wades into melee receiving and dealing blows knowing nothing can save its foes!

— Reaper release notes

Except for small twigs and banana peels because with all that scary devastating INEXORABLE FORCE was not meant to have stability?

Im sad for loosing mimesweaper and my barel cake. But the new explosion while entering combat seem nice. I love the new aim assit rocket but the at least 450 distance... Im sure its gonna feel cluncky engineer is fun to play in a melee setup pretty boring at range, rifle is somewhat an ok weapons, but the rest either they are pretty bad (pistol, mortar) or really unfun as hell (grenade). I would rather have no distance check (well with a max of 1200 or so) or treshold of 0 to 450.

For the love of god, dont remove pet swap on soulbeast when in combat, however make the trait lines that work with pet swap to work on merge with pet as well, give players more options to work with instead of restricting them, if you want trade off, you could increase the pet swap cooldown in combat to 45 or 50 seconds, dont straight up deleting them, "deep bonding with a pet make them hate you when you choose another pokemon, so they take longer to return when you choose a new pokemon" here is lore justification, please keep pet swapping for soulbeast, I dont like dull and lazy gameplay with only one pet to dip in and out. Thank you. Have a good day. :)