Idolatry and Whispering Depths - Third Cavern, Somewhere?

So, as I was doing Idolatry, I'd been searching for the 35th totem for about maybe 8 hours across the last 3 days, I had stumbled on this strange occurrence: an event to disrupt a svanir ritual or something similarly named appears, and has an orange circle designating an area that's by all I know inaccessible. It's North-Northwest of Cavern of Lost Sons and Northeast of Den of Whispers. Imagine creating a line between Sifhalla Ruins and Cavern of Lost Sons points of interest, and it's right about at a point where if you made another line perpendicular to the designated line that went perfectly diagonal from Den of Whispers to intersect, you'd hit the circle. In a little less mathematical or confusing terms, it's about maybe 25% down the line if you started at Cavern of Lost Sons. I've scoured the area for the last... hour or so? Trying to find a way into that region, but to no avail. Strike tunnel doesn't go north, the light puzzle doesn't go north of the Den of Whispers nor Cavern of Lost Sons, so I'm at a complete loss on how to get into that area, and based on how I always see the event at 0% progress, I assume others can't get into it either. Anyone know how to get into that area? Or has anyone finished Idolatry and know if there's a totem in there at all or not? Is anyone else stuck at 34/35 idols with absolutely no clue where the last one is despite scouring the entire map endlessly?

@"FalsePromises.6398" said:I had stumbled on this strange occurrence: an event to disrupt a svanir ritual or something similarly named appears, and has an orange circle designating an area that's by all I know inaccessible. It's North-Northwest of Cavern of Lost Sons and Northeast of Den of Whispers.(…)I've scoured the area for the last... hour or so? Trying to find a way into that region, but to no avail. Strike tunnel doesn't go north, the light puzzle doesn't go north of the Den of Whispers nor Cavern of Lost Sons, so I'm at a complete loss on how to get into that area, and based on how I always see the event at 0% progress, I assume others can't get into it either. Anyone know how to get into that area?

You access the cavern with a portal during the Drakkar fight. It is the third portal/cave in the fight. The portal is only active during the fight.

Because the event in the cave is a svanir-Trail-of-Koda event I hoped it was for "Plant Banners to Challenge the Svanir" from "Koda Be Praised"https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/96516/bjora-where-is-koda-trial-koda-be-praised-plant-banners

and I entered the cave during the fight and waited there until the event popped up and then I asked in map chat for help and a few other players "TP to friend" to me and we finished the event/trial. But it did not work for "Plant Banners to Challenge the Svanir", that I am still searching myself.

There is nothing else in that cave.

My guess is: It is a bug that the portal can not be activated outside of the Drakkar fight and/or its unfinished map content.

I've also spent hours and gone round both halves of the map at least a dozen times each. I'm still stuck at 34/35 and I already have the one on top of the mountain on the east side.

This has to be the most infuriating achievement I've gone for in recent times, purely because a lack of thought was put into it, eg. there's no tracker or special markings on the map for them, the Hero panel shows no hints on where they might be located, so there's no numbers for each one to reference, beyond Anet there's no map at this time that a fellow player has made who completed all of these and shared with the community, etc.

So it definitely feels like being stuck in behind that 8-ball once again.

@Valandil Dragonhart.2371 said:I've also spent hours and gone round both halves of the map at least a dozen times each. I'm still stuck at 34/35 and I already have the one on top of the mountain on the east side.

This has to be the most infuriating achievement I've gone for in recent times, purely because a lack of thought was put into it, eg. there's no tracker or special markings on the map for them, the Hero panel shows no hints on where they might be located, so there's no numbers for each one to reference, beyond Anet there's no map at this time that a fellow player has made who completed all of these and shared with the community, etc.

Do be sure to check the really far back crevaces of the cliffsides of the east side. I know there's one really far back on top of a cliffside over the Bear Shrine. There's also another one on a cliff over the raven locked nook in the southeast corner in a small forest... I forgot if it was west or north of that nook though, but you do need to press back a little far to be able to see it. Bear Shrine's my best guess for whichever one you're lacking though. It's really high up, has nothing else near it, and is obscured by trees.

gaaa stuck at 34/35 my self think I got the bear one ill have to check but for the most part I have done a grid to make it so I cover every inch of the map has not any one post a map bad enough ill have to spend the rest of my life doin most of the achievements but this one im going to rage out have to say tho I live to explore just not every rabbit hole in the world reapers rule #1 kill em all #2 dance on the graves #3 go to rule #1 and start over kittens please some one post some map link soon

@FalsePromises.6398 said:

@Valandil Dragonhart.2371 said:I've also spent hours and gone round both halves of the map at least a dozen times each. I'm still stuck at 34/35 and I already have the one on top of the mountain on the east side.

Do be sure to check the really far back crevaces of the cliffsides of the east side. I know there's one really far back on top of a cliffside over the Bear Shrine. There's also another one on a cliff over the raven locked nook in the southeast corner in a small forest... I forgot if it was west or north of that nook though, but you do need to press back a little far to be able to see it. Bear Shrine's my best guess for whichever one you're lacking though. It's really high up, has nothing else near it, and is obscured by trees.

I finally got it, hiding in behind some dense trees due north of the Bear Shrine in the eastern section of the map.

Just glad it's over. :s

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Nidome.1365 said:It would be good if they did a checklist and improved the achievement text as it says smash 35 and not 35 different ones as you can smash the same one more than once with different characters.The only time you can smash all of them again on a different character is when that character is on the story step that asks for you to do it, and they don't count towards the achievement if you had smashed them before.

Source: I was on 34/35 when I got to the story step with a second charcter. All the idols reappeared (and crumpled again once that step was done), but none counted towards the achievement (I later found the missing one in a totally different corner of the map).

As long as you have the achievement open (after getting to the corresponding story step with your first character, but before finishing the achievement) you can see and smash the missing idols with any character, regardless of where in the story they currently are (or if they've played any story at all). Idols you've smashed once (for the achievement) will be shown as destroyed to all characters except one currently on the mission to smash them within the story.