Should I get the Mistlock Sanctuary pass?

So it's showing up for sale and it seems kinda cool. I do fractals sometimes and having access the portal/vendors without entering lion's arch seems really nice. I already have the Royal Terrace Pass. Do you think it's superior to the pass enough to make it worth buying? I rarely care about open world anymore so keeping my spot isn't that big of a deal.

I also play WvW so the armistice bastion pass seems interesting but it doesn't seem to have any interesting features.

One of the disadvantages is that if you get linked a wp, it does not work unless you mess with the layers which is kinda annoying.

Assume cost is not an issue (I have 1k gems saved).

And finally, do any of you use more than one pass? Because the Royal Terrace is near so many festivals, i still foresee it being useful.

I bought this the last time it was up on the store and have not regretted buying it.Probably one of the best QoL item I've ever bought

Yes its convenient for fractals but also because all the merchants and vendors and crafting stations are all there, also you get the teleport special action key when you are in the map so you can jump around quickly to where ever you want to go faster inside the map.

Great great item !

I have both the Royal Terrace and Mistlock Sanctuary passes, and I use the Mistlock pretty much exclusively (I have two characters who used the Royal Terrace during Wintersday, for karma farm and dailies). I have a lot of characters who are out in the world for farming purposes, so it's great to be able to dip back into the Sanctuary to do crafting/TP/inventory management/etc. and not have to run all the way back to their farming location every time. I don't do fractals much outside of legendary collections so that wasn't the main draw for me and I still consider the Mistlock Sanctuary pass absolutely worth it.

Other pros (in my opinion):-You can move around quickly with the Nova Launch teleport-like ability.-Mounts are disabled which reduces visual clutter a bit.-The lighting is very nice for taking screenshots of your characters.-Has a dungeon vendor which the Royal Terrace does not (a few other passes have this as well, but not all).

Cons (that you already mentioned):-If you click a waypoint in chat while in the Sanctuary, the map does not auto-adjust to the waypoint. You need to change the level of map view and manually go to the waypoint instead. Minor, but can be kind of annoying.

Oh thanks for the responses everyone xD

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:With the new Festival Passes, you already have a means to enter festival areas.

I prefer the Royal Terrace because everything is so close together. Each to their own, though.

That is true, however I've never used them because of the Royal Terrace lol. Maybe if they were all unified into one slot for a shared inventory, but I don't find them convenient.

@Fueki.4753 said:If it's only merchants, bank etc you want, you could always just use WvW Borderlands for quick access.

Indeed Obsidian Sanctum is very useful but I prefer a central hub for me to do everything as I am lazy. =p I also already have a portable bank/merchant so those aren't needed.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:The extreme benefit is that you can use the pass again to return to wherever you were last that is not an instance.

The disadvantage is that when you use a collection to tell you a location, the map doesn't change the layer making it not work at all. A daily annoyance.

Yep, this is a concern for me. As I want it for a center hub, this would make it incredibly annoying if I can't go where I want quickly. I guess I can swap between passes when I do need it. Do you think the benefits still outweigh it though?

@DoRi Silvia.4159 said:I bought this the last time it was up on the store and have not regretted buying it.Probably one of the best QoL item I've ever bought

Yes its convenient for fractals but also because all the merchants and vendors and crafting stations are all there, also you get the teleport special action key when you are in the map so you can jump around quickly to where ever you want to go faster inside the map.

Great great item !

I've tried this with the preview version from birthday gift. It's pretty nice.

@Hannelore.8153 said:It's probably the most useful of the passes, just keep in mind its mostly bought by high-level fractal goers (and raiders) and it shows, if you're more of a plain type of person without alot of gold for investment in the game you may feel like a scrub there.

Unless you're Asura, then you're always in style. :p

I set character model limit to low so unlikely to be a problem. How's the loading times though?

@Tzarakiel.7490 said:If you do fractals often it's worth it. If you don't do fractals it's not.

I do them almost every day. I find it annoying to have to go to Lion's Arch to join them, and I also hate leaving characters in Lion's Arch after fractals. i find it a very inconvenient place and wish to minimize going there.

@Esterie.7409 said:I have both the Royal Terrace and Mistlock Sanctuary passes, and I use the Mistlock pretty much exclusively (I have two characters who used the Royal Terrace during Wintersday, for karma farm and dailies). I have a lot of characters who are out in the world for farming purposes, so it's great to be able to dip back into the Sanctuary to do crafting/TP/inventory management/etc. and not have to run all the way back to their farming location every time. I don't do fractals much outside of legendary collections so that wasn't the main draw for me and I still consider the Mistlock Sanctuary pass absolutely worth it.

Other pros (in my opinion):-You can move around quickly with the Nova Launch teleport-like ability.-Mounts are disabled which reduces visual clutter a bit.-The lighting is very nice for taking screenshots of your characters.-Has a dungeon vendor which the Royal Terrace does not (a few other passes have this as well, but not all).

Cons (that you already mentioned):-If you click a waypoint in chat while in the Sanctuary, the map does not auto-adjust to the waypoint. You need to change the level of map view and manually go to the waypoint instead. Minor, but can be kind of annoying.

I feel like your situation seems pretty close to mine!

It seems like a good idea to get it. Now it just comes down to a matter of it vs the WvW pass; wonder if any proponents on the later.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Oh thanks for the responses everyone xD

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:The extreme benefit is that you can use the pass again to return to wherever you were last that is not an instance.

The disadvantage is that when you use a collection to tell you a location, the map doesn't change the layer making it not work at all. A daily annoyance.

Yep, this is a concern for me. As I want it for a center hub, this would make it incredibly annoying if I can't go where I want quickly. I guess I can swap between passes when I do need it. Do you think the benefits still outweigh it though?

Yes, the Mistlock pass is immensely helpful for every convenience. You get used to having to look around them map yourself, if they don't fix it eventually.

+1 vote for the best QoL item I ever bought.

I thought about collecting city portals earlier. But this one contains portals to all major cities. Crafting stations, fractal and dungeon vendors, mystic forge and even daily activity entrance. If compare with other vip zones, this one contains the most of stuff. Also you can use it by characters parked on JPs and return back.

Assuming you want/need a quick access crafting/storage portal key (and don't have a kitted-out Guild Hall), the Mistlock Sanctuary is easily the best available.

This one has a feature none of the others (besides the Guild Hall) have: the ability to return exactly where you left.

The ability to return to where you used it is really nice if you're one of those people who likes to run low level characters around in places they absolutely shouldn't be because any time you can make it to a small island of safety you can port off to Mistlock and access all those services. It's even more useful when there are places that are safe except during certain events since you can just sidestep them instead of having to leave the character logged out. If you're more patient than I am and one of those people who parks a mesmer on the steam ogre's platform for the really common times no-one has a key it works there as well to wait out the platform collapse. You can also use it to farm with bank alts if that's your thing.