Is WvW Roaming dead with new balance patch?

SehferViega.8725

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With so many wide changes its impossible to tell anything but it wouldnt surprise me if Anet missed something that was previously ok and now gonna be stupid OP.

Also those 300s skills... I have joked about how Anet will balance in the past. Like a skill having 30s cd, the community all agree "yeah a little strong, nerf to 40s" and then Anet goes "CD INCREASED TO 120s".

Turns out it was no joke. It was an understatement.

@Gop.8713 said:Everyone will be playing by the same rules. The players who can best adapt will be the most successful . . .

There are obviously individual changes needed, due the fact that not all classes have access to everything to the same extent but it´s a good baseline for now and a damage-reduction across the board was long overdue.

It has been dead for years, except to a handful who are addicted to this game like crack cocaine and have no real interest in even vaguely decent PvP. Once the population of roamers / small scale guilds died off to a certain level, then "roaming" became Just another bit of WvW that is "PvP" for PvE players.

This path will change the meta's for both Zerg's and Roaming. But I do not believe in meta's much because if you are smart use math and the coefficients in traits and skills you can figure out heck a lot better build than the meta's.

Meta's to me are just baseline builds to off of and then go from that for something that works well for your play style.