Raven Ceremonial armor - how?

Kitta.5412

d4Sbshp.pngSo I just finished doing the Trials of Koda Mastery achievement in order to unlock the Reliquary of the Raven and this is the content. The Reliquary of the Raven disappears from the vendor once you purchase it.

So I can only choose 1 skin and there are no chest piece or helm? What's going on? Where am I supposed to get more pieces?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of three sources so far:

1. Trials unlock from merchant
  2. Sanctifier achievement
  3. Tier 6 reward for Illuminated Boreal Weapon collection achievement (it's inside the Great Gift of the Ancestors box)

The other three pieces (head, chest, shoulders) can also already be previewed in the Wardrobe. Not sure if the containers for those pieces are already in game yet, or if it's being rolled out in stages.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:So if I'm understanding this correctly, the entire set is not currently obtainable?

You can only get the boots/pants/gloves box from the kodan trials achievement, and the one from boreal weapons. The sanctifier one is bugged. There is currently no known way to get the hood or chest besides winning the lottery on daily drakkar, or daily strikes.

Why couldn't Anet have put ALL the armor pieces behind achievements? Or crafting? I mean the boreal weapon progression is nice, why can't the armor have the same treatment? I thought I would be playing the ICEBROOD SAGA content to EARN the armor. Not going back to old content to farm gold for the tp. But everyone I talk to doesn't seem to care so I guess things will never change.

Well...it's apparently possible to get the full set of armor, as this showcase video proves...

!

...but I don't know how.[Edit: As Raknar explained in the post below, the Herald is a content creator/ArenaNet partner and thus has access to test servers with content the rest of us don't have permission to find yet. So, ignore this! :) ]

@"Batel.9206" said:Well...it's apparently possible to get the full set of armor, as this showcase video proves...

!

...but I don't know
how

Partnered content creators have access to a server where they can try out sets / new skins for their videos afaik. Similiar to the press that have detailed articles ready about the content once a patch releases.

@Raknar.4735 said:Partnered content creators have access to a server where they can try out sets / new skins for their videos afaik. Similiar to the press that have detailed articles ready about the content once a patch releases.

Ah! That makes sense, given one of the Herald's comments about not having access to the test servers any longer. Thanks for explaining that. :)

Sooooo I suppose my post can be safely ignored (I'll edit it to reflect that).

@videoboy.4162 said:I thought the chest and other items were possible rewards from the Drakkar fight and/or the new Strikes?

Any piece can drop from the daily reward of drakkar or strikes. The problem is thats the ONLY way to get the hood and chest (that we know of) and the drop rate is pretty low.

So you have 4-5 chances to win the lottery each day.

If it is true that you can only get the chest and helm from RNG drop tables, that's a big fat failure on Anet's part. They should've just kept it to separate rewards as drops but the one armor they are promoting as the main reward? That's really unpleasant.

@Kitta.5412 said:If it is true that you can only get the chest and helm from RNG drop tables, that's a big fat failure on Anet's part. They should've just kept it to separate rewards as drops but the one armor they are promoting as the main reward? That's really unpleasant.

Yeah, I wish there was a non-RNG way to get the chestpiece.

@Kitta.5412 said:

@Kitta.5412 said:If it is true that you can only get the chest and helm from RNG drop tables, that's a big fat failure on Anet's part. They should've just kept it to separate rewards as drops but the one armor they are promoting as the main reward? That's really unpleasant.

Maybe it’s to get players to, you know, play the content.

I have 18.2k hours playtime in game since launch. RNG drops aren't the one force making me play the content. Armor locked behind RNG is not good and like my previous comment said when it's your MAIN reward that you've been promoting, to break it down the way they've done it is just bad. Everywhere it talks about unlocking the armor etc and literally nowhere does it say you have 1 attempt per day through 0.000% tables to get 1 piece of armor - better luck next day pal! The game doesn't even tell you how to earn it.

Save your attitude for someone else.

The game doesn't tell you how to earn most things. In fact, a lot of others games don't either. There are always online guides available if people need to be walked through playing games.

The armor is a reward but not the main reward. They were promoting the new weapons just as much if not more.

18.2K hours? That is definitely some dedication to the game as I think that's almost 7 hours a day since the game launched.

@Jables.4659 said:

@"Hoover.6394" said:the chest piece looks good on female, but why it add extra layers for male!? why is everything looks boring for male!

My suspicion is that the employees who design the armor are female in real life. They probably design the armor for female characters and then make an awkward port to the male ones.

I don't really follow your argument, but (perhaps by coincidence) you're right in this case that the designer was female: Kristen Perry. And guess what? She agrees that the female version looks better! See page 7 of this. About the male design, she says

If I had to do it again, I would have better figured out how to show more shapes of skin.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Maybe it’s to get players to, you know, play the content.

Hey, at least not just Charr players get the stick so to speak, its everyone! :D

@"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

I don't really follow your argument, but (perhaps by coincidence) you're right in this case that the designer was female: Kristen Perry. And guess what? She agrees that the female version looks better! See page 7 of this. About the male design, she says\

Its a pretty easy argument to follow. The designers are female, so they understand the female perspective. The result is that the female armors look like they were designed by someone who would actually want to wear them on their characters, and the male armors look like after thoughts.

Also, you presented the information about this woman agreeing that the female armor looks better as if it was a "gotcha", but that basically just proves my point. Even the designer knows that the male armor is lackluster.

I took this screen shot earlier today

test

And this one just now. Notice the chestpiece is just gone. Supply isn't exactly very high.

test

And just for kicks I looked up that charr helmet that's also pure RNG.

test

I'm worried that the raven armor is going to look like this in 2 or 4 months.

@Ben K.6238 said:

@"Frostfang.5109" said:Its sad how poor quality it is. It looks horrid in male charr and shoulders are missing (the feathered "necklace" could be made shoulders) And one big unirobe for medium as usual.

Nothing I will even try to get.

Wasn't made for charr, its norn ceremonial armor. You shouldn't even have access to it and it should be locked too the norn so be grateful that A-net allowed you and anyone else to even get the kitten thing. Us norn players are semi-annoyed by it but like A-net has ever cared about us...

Would you prefer it to also be an ultra-rare drop that most people can only get for 8000g on the trading post?

I would, Id love for some more norn EXCLUSIVE stuff. I mean our race gets little anything and honestly the charr are stealing the show, considering they sold me this saga as a "Norn" story. Seems like the norn are more of a lore and afterthought and the charr are the main meal so to speak~