Twist of Fate nerf

Lich King.1524

Dear Arenanet,

"Twist of Fate: Increased ammo recharge from 40 seconds to 75 seconds"

Regarding sPvP:

Please reconsider this nerf of ToF,Ele has lowest HP pool and armor, no blockes, no stealth, no stunbreaks, etcand has no other ways to survive just to use different skills.You plan nerf ALL other evade skills already enough +50%, 12s => 18sIf creates large windows for foes to kill ele without any issues.But this skill you plan to nerf even twice: removed stability from trait and increased CD to.... 75 sec!Are you kidding us? Or want us not to stop playing Ele in sPvP?What is the point of skill with CD as long as Elite skills on other classes?

War may kill ele from 1 skill today and from 2 skills tomorrow (after the nerf).You spoke about necessity of counterplay, I fully agree, it's very good intention, but where is implementation?seriously guys how you suppose to counterplay war now? No healing anymore, still no armor, no HP, no skills to evade. 75s CD on evade...

Please reconsider this nerf of ToF.

Best Regards,Your Ele,/played time on Ele: 14,704 hours in 2716 days (mostly sPvP)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone Resonance: This skill now grants stability on initial use for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Lava Skin: This skill now grants stability on initial use for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Lahar: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Grinding Stones: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Glacial Drift: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Molten Burst: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvWEvery weaponset gets a dual attack skill with stabi attached to them, and as far as I know, the stabi after stances trait wasn't deleted either. +2 base dodges, +2 dodges on weapon skills (assuming sword), +2 ToF, + the fact that not only the skills that CC got nerfed hard on the damage department, but the followup damage will be weaker, too.

@reddie.5861 said:wat kind of ele do you play? any decent ele can just hold 2 people easily if not 3 and still kill em off..ele is kitten strong... (ele = weaver obviously)

This is true, Ele needs a hoard more nerfs than what they're getting. For a class that has the lowest HP pool and mobility it does, it certainly has the ability to over-tank many people at once.

@"reddie.5861" said:wat kind of ele do you play? any decent ele can just hold 2 people easily if not 3 and still kill em off..

ToF means obviously weaver, why you asking "wat ele" ?

ele is kitten strong... (ele = weaver obviously)

I mentioned in my post, currently war can sometimes stunlock ele, then killAfter nerf war can always stunlock ele and then kill. I mean a damage and a heal are irrelevant, how to counter-play the stunlock?

I just wanna know why Fresh Air had to take a big hit with the brainless condi spam build. The build is more honest than the fire Weaver spam lmao. And you got the flavor of the month guys saying they else mains but when they saw this patch every one of them went radio silent. Interesting.

@wasss.1208 said:Stone Resonance: This skill now grants stability on initial use for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Lava Skin: This skill now grants stability on initial use for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Lahar: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Grinding Stones: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Glacial Drift: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Molten Burst: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvWEvery weaponset gets a dual attack skill with stabi attached to them, and as far as I know, the stabi after stances trait wasn't deleted either. +2 base dodges, +2 dodges on weapon skills (assuming sword), +2 ToF, + the fact that not only the skills that CC got nerfed hard on the damage department, but the followup damage will be weaker, too.

Sword weaver has no Lahar, Grinding Stones, Glacial Drift and Molten BurstSo we are talking about Lava Skin only, 3 sec stability every 20sec? (considering gcd)And stability will be removed from all stances.

Also stability and skill based evades will not help in case of any stun, because you can not cast a skill... you need stunbreak like ToF (now with 75 sec CD)

So war will wait 3 sec until stability disappear and will stun and kill you.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:I just wanna know why Fresh Air had to take a big hit with the brainless condi spam build. The build is more honest than the fire Weaver spam lmao. And you got the flavor of the month guys saying they else mains but when they saw this patch every one of them went radio silent. Interesting.

looks we have to forget about FA. Because damage and heal were nerfed , but enemy's hp and armor - not.

@Lich King.1524 said:

@"wasss.1208" said:Stone Resonance: This skill now grants stability on initial use for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Lava Skin: This skill now grants stability on initial use for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Lahar: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Grinding Stones: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Glacial Drift: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvW.Molten Burst: This skill now grants stability for 5 seconds in PvE and 3 seconds in PvP and WvWEvery weaponset gets a dual attack skill with stabi attached to them, and as far as I know, the stabi after stances trait wasn't deleted either. +2 base dodges, +2 dodges on weapon skills (assuming sword), +2 ToF, + the fact that not only the skills that CC got nerfed hard on the damage department, but the followup damage will be weaker, too.

Sword weaver has no Lahar, Grinding Stones, Glacial Drift and Molten BurstSo we are talking about Lava Skin only, 3 sec stability every 20sec? (considering gcd)

That is why I said "Every weaponset gets a dual attack skill..." With that, if I am not mistaken, weaver is the only spec that has stability on a single weapon skill.

And stability will be removed from all stances.

"Bolstered Elements: This trait now grants barrier instead of stability when using a stance skill." You are right, my bad. Didn't check it in the general notes.

Also stability and skill based evades will not help in case of any stun, because you can not cast a skill... you need stunbreak like ToF (now with 75 sec CD)

So war will wait 3 sec until stability disappear and will stun and kill you.

They help you preventing them.

@Lich King.1524 said:

@"reddie.5861" said:wat kind of ele do you play? any decent ele can just hold 2 people easily if not 3 and still kill em off..

I mentioned in my post,
currently
war can
sometimes
stunlock ele, then killAfter nerf war can
always
stunlock ele and then kill. I mean a damage and a heal are irrelevant, how to counter-play the stunlock?

stunbreak?!u know i sometimes die to ele on my thief and thats not fair, because im a thief i should be hiding permanent u shouldnt see me and when u do see me u should recieve 100k dmg and i can stomp u.

thats unfair this balance patch is bullshit thief is already bad when we are not in stealth every1 can see us and now with balance patch incoming they are increasing CD on certain skills and increase ini cost so we might have harder time to perma stealth and anet knows when we are out in the open we are like a fish out of the water.. fuck this shit its not fair!

@reddie.5861 said:

@reddie.5861 said:wat kind of ele do you play? any decent ele can just hold 2 people easily if not 3 and still kill em off..

I mentioned in my post,
currently
war can
sometimes
stunlock ele, then killAfter nerf war can
always
stunlock ele and then kill. I mean a damage and a heal are irrelevant, how to counter-play the stunlock?

stunbreak?!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Shield -45 sec cd, 3 hit shieldhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Armor_of_Earth - 60 sec cd, 6sec stability stack to prevent followup CChttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Form - 60 sec cd, 3 sec invulnhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Elemental_Power - 30 sec cd... isn't this already part of the burn weaver build?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Air - 25 sec cdAnd a lot of cooldowns can be lowered with traits, while getting some neat secondary effects.

@"Lich King.1524" said:Dear Arenanet,

"Twist of Fate: Increased ammo recharge from 40 seconds to 75 seconds"

Regarding sPvP:

Please reconsider this nerf of ToF,Ele has lowest HP pool and armor, no blockes, no stealth, no stunbreaks, etcand has no other ways to survive just to use different skills.You plan nerf ALL other evade skills already enough +50%, 12s => 18sIf creates large windows for foes to kill ele without any issues.But this skill you plan to nerf even twice: removed stability from trait and increased CD to.... 75 sec!Are you kidding us? Or want us not to stop playing Ele in sPvP?What is the point of skill with CD as long as Elite skills on other classes?

War may kill ele from 1 skill today and from 2 skills tomorrow (after the nerf).You spoke about necessity of counterplay, I fully agree, it's very good intention, but where is implementation?seriously guys how you suppose to counterplay war now? No healing anymore, still no armor, no HP, no skills to evade. 75s CD on evade...

Please reconsider this nerf of ToF.

Best Regards,Your Ele,/played time on Ele: 14,704 hours in 2716 days (mostly sPvP)

lmao, the guy with stab on his weapon bar and loads of baseline evades wants more evades so that he doesn't have to think about anything while dancing on a point and pulsing AoE damage.

The record stands, I was all for nerfing TOF. But I never had in mind a whopping 75 sec recharge. If I had to guess, it'll force weavers to use cantrips instead. Maybe even water traitline for reduced Cooldown.

Kitten! Are we back to Water Weaver already? Fire Weaver was only meta for a few months. ??