[Mount Skins Requests] Your Ideas

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the idea of the Primal Spirit Jackal mount but there are two things that have stopped me getting one- the antlers are ridiculous and IMO look a little...glued on if I can say that? The other is that surely this should have been a Raptor skin? A leap forward rather than blinking forward.

So to that end I'd just love anything else that is of a naturey, forest/jungle theme that makes thematic sense really.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Thundabolt.8541 said:Seconding Super Adventure Box mounts

Personally, this would probably be the thing that would make me quit. I detest all of the SAB stuff. But, that's me.

Personally, this would probably be the thing that would make me quit. I detest all of the SAB stuff. But, that's me.

Not just you. Me too. SAB is awful!!!

I would expect nothing less haha :D you ought to show it a little more respect, SAB pays tribute to legendary games with legendary legacies. Ya'll are such boomers lol.

Hyena skin for the jackal.

• Non elemental, like the shrine guardian and no shinies (just the teleport thing, and you can throw some demon eyes to "justify" the magical ability).
  • Might have some tribal purposes or be slightly armored.
  • Body proportions similar to the Reforged Warhound.

Now you just need to draw it and implement it, thanks :)

Edit: found something close on Deviantart

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

I would expect nothing less haha :D you ought to show it a little more respect, SAB pays tribute to legendary games with legendary legacies. Ya'll are such boomers lol.

Boomer? Hardly. I was around well before video games were even invented. :)

I'm fine with it paying tribute or whatever. Just keep it in it's own space. It doesn't need to be all over GW2. Again, this is just my opinion.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Boomer? Hardly. I was around well before video games were even invented. :)

I'm fine with it paying tribute or whatever. Just keep it in it's own space. It doesn't need to be all over GW2. Again, this is just my opinion.

I actually figured you weren't very young since it's younger or young-minded people who tend to enjoy SAB more than the grumps of the community haha

I mean no disrespect, but I think SAB has potential to be its own standalone thing outside of GW2. Josh Foreman deserves for SAB to be respected, not hated.

A real pegasus, or a real flying unicorn.

The current one looks like they glued a unicorn head onto one end of a griffon, horse legs onto the other, and called it a day. It's not even a pegasus. What we got was a hippogriff, except that a hippogriff is supposed to be the front end of a griffon and the back end of a horse, not this catty-corner abomination that looks like they tossed in a Corgi for good measure.

Anet can do better than this. Or if it can't, it needs to hire better designers.

Fern hound skin for the jackal / full 5-pack of plant themed mounts / Mordrem themed mountsUndead skeletal dragon for skyscaleFalkor/chinese dragon inspired (NO legs, NO wings, snakey body, hovers off ground) for griffonTron bike with visual effects for roller beetleAsura tech Hoverboard for skimmer

1. Po-go stick skin for bunny.

I've been waiting over 2 years for that to come out. Other suggestions:

1. Smokescale skin for jackal.

2. Griffon Pegasus skin that is just a horse with angel wings, a horn, and a rainbow flying trail. I don't like current one in store. Sorry devs :\

3. Also Griffon skin: no mount at all. Just let the player appear as if they're flying by themselves. Can pretend we're superman/woman :p(Btw if you do this idea, I BETTER see any equipped Cape back pieces billowing with the wind!)

4. Similarly with Skyscale skin: no mount. Let us use big bat wings or something to flap around. Can roleplay as vampires!! When mounting, the player would sprout the wings from their back. Maybe dev's could find a way to make whatever backpiece wings the player is wearing function as the wings for this mount skin. That way, angel wing backpiece can facilitate roleplaying as flying angels.

5. Kangaroo skin for bunny. Player would sit in kangaroo pouch like baby kangaroo character in Winnie the Pooh.

6. For Raptor, I would like to see a creature with large front claws and a menacing face. When using raptor leap it holds claws out up high as if it's about to pounce on unsuspecting prey. Running might not look balanced though.

7. For Roller beetle, how about a Charr car skin or some full on hover bike (without the beetle showing)?

@Udolpho.1209 said:Fern hound skin for the jackal / full 5-pack of plant themed mounts / Mordrem themed mountsUndead skeletal dragon for skyscaleFalkor/chinese dragon inspired (NO legs, NO wings, snakey body, hovers off ground) for griffonTron bike with visual effects for roller beetleAsura tech Hoverboard for skimmer

OMFG yes to the asura hoverboard skin for skimmer! Surfs up!!

Tron bike riding trail is good idea too.

I like how they did one of the raptor skins (This one here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordial_Raptor) and I'd love to see more of those real "dinosaur" inspired skins. Something similar to the Gallimimus probably.For the Jackal a suggestion would be a skin shaped like a Shiba Inu or something like Balthazar's hounds inspired.A tropical griffon inspired by an ara or parrot could work fine as well. I'd love to see a more tropical approach to the griffon as a change.For the Skyscale an idea would be a Rathalos inspired skin as they already did a glider that looks heavily like a Rath's wings. Or maybe something Aurene/Glint themed should look cool.But let's not forget to give the Skimmer some love too even if it's not used as much. My suggestion would be a skimmer inspired by a trilobite.In general I'd love to see a jurassic/prehistoric themed set of mount skins.

@JeffJeth.9518 said:A real pegasus, or a real flying unicorn.

The current one looks like they glued a unicorn head onto one end of a griffon, horse legs onto the other, and called it a day. It's not even a pegasus. What we got was a hippogriff, except that a hippogriff is supposed to be the front end of a griffon and the back end of a horse, not this catty-corner abomination that looks like they tossed in a Corgi for good measure.

Anet can do better than this. Or if it can't, it needs to hire better designers.

I completely agree. WTF it's so cartoony I almost snorted my Coke. They slapped it together just to get it done. Aint seen no pegasus or unicorn like this before. Suppose to be majestic animal! I've waited years for this, and this what they give me. Pass. back to Elderr Scrolls for my pegasus fixation.

I would like a complete set of mounts themed on each of the races.

Humans: Mounts with smooth Seraph themed Armor.Norn: Mounts wearing warm Metalic Armor plates with Fur/Pelt padding, also some packs or bags hanging off the mounts.. Completing the Shiverpeaks mount set would be a fair compromise imo as these skins are pretty Nornlike.Charr: Mounts with War Armor, Thick armour with many jagged metal spikes, If possible the symbol of the legion your Charr choose represented on the mounts.Asura: Techno Armor with pulsing energy effects, also some Asuran devices/gadgets hanging off the mount.Sylvari: Sylvari themed plant mounts that leave trails of pollen/glowing orbs behind them.

Aside from that I'd like to see all currently incomplete sets such as Exalted, Alloyed, Lithosol etc get completed asap.Some of these sets like Star, Fire and Ice Mounts are only missing a single skin.At the moment I believe the only set of mount skins that has been fully completed is the Branded set.

@"hugo.4705" said:Just discovered something recently:https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Eternatus?file=P_Eternatus.png

It matches all my tastes, adapted to a skyscale, it can defenitely looks gorgeous.

Reminds me of the Apocrypha creatures or whatever back in Guild Wars 1. So I could see it. We sort of had that with a mount recently didn't we? One of the new raptor skins or something?

As for my suggestions:A mordrem mount pack with mordrem creatures adapated to existing mounts.Though some of them would be hard to incorporate with current mount skeletons.

Most imortantly - an elder dragon themed Skyscale pack.Really don't know why this hasn't already been approached outside of Steve/Primordus/Jormag not having any in-game representation yet.I.e.:Claw of Jormag,ShattererShadow of the dragonUndead tattered skeleton dragon - Zhaitan - Though we do technically have Teq already and a skeletal dragon could be better left for a Halloween special skin.Primordus - we already have quite a few flaming dragons but they could add a heavily Destroyer inspired skin.Steve - No clue as we don't really know what Steve looks like and I doubt they would want to spoil this if they plan on visiting that plot eventually.

Vinetooths and Awakened Abominations I think share the same skeletons don't they? I've always thought both could be cool mount skins.

Charr machine for Roller Beetle though I wonder if the vehicles we use in the upcoming Visions will be some new form of mount we gain access too in other game modes.