VB meta needs revamp

Doesn't give that much reward..?

The reward from meta, which is stat-selectable Exotic armor, which allows to avoid spending up to hundreds of gold on crafting items like Maguuma Lillies, is one of the best rewards in the game, and VB is still regularly done because of it.

Playing VB is the best you can get next to WvW reward tracks or crafting Ascended gear.

The reason people don't do it as much as AB, TD and DS is that it doesn't fit nicely into any timeslot. First people do Gerent, then they immediately go to Octovine afterwards, and after that you only have 10-20 mins before DS, which isn't enough to make any progress on VB, so people doing the meta there tend to be more dedicated squads and guilds who aren't just doing generic farming.

Though I'll say that both VB and DS could use shorter boss phases more in line with AB and TD.

@Hannelore.8153 said:Doesn't give that much reward..?

The reward from meta, which is stat-selectable Exotic armor, which allows to avoid spending up to hundreds of gold on crafting items like Maguuma Lillies, is one of the best rewards in the game, and VB is still regularly done because of it.

Playing VB is the best you can get next to WvW reward tracks or crafting Ascended gear.

The reason people don't do it as much as AB, TD and DS is that it doesn't fit nicely into any timeslot. First people do Gerent, then they immediately go to Octovine afterwards, and after that you only have 10-20 mins before DS, which isn't enough to make any progress on VB, so people doing the meta there tend to be more dedicated squads and guilds who aren't just doing generic farming.

Though I'll say that both VB and DS could use shorter boss phases more in line with AB and TD.

It's simply too long and could have easily missed the chance to reach top tier.

Im not sure I agree on this one. Every time I drop into VB the meta is always done everytime with at least 1 boss if not all. It never hits max tier, but max tier was only ever for organised groups and unless a collection specifies it, it isnt required (the chest armour randomly drops from any canopy boss).

I dont think this is one needing any urgent attention

@Randulf.7614 said:Im not sure I agree on this one. Every time I drop into VB the meta is always done everytime with at least 1 boss if not all. It never hits max tier, but max tier was only ever for organised groups and unless a collection specifies it, it isnt required (the chest armour randomly drops from any canopy boss).

1 boss is nowhere close to enough.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Im not sure I agree on this one. Every time I drop into VB the meta is always done everytime with at least 1 boss if not all. It never hits max tier, but max tier was only ever for organised groups and unless a collection specifies it, it isnt required (the chest armour randomly drops from any canopy boss).

Enough for what?

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Doesn't give that much reward..?

Bladed Armor Box"Awarded for participation in the night cycle of the map meta-event in Verdant Brink. The box is contained in the map meta-event reward chest at the end of the night cycle if the map successfully reaches tier 4 and the player has at least 100% map participation."

So T4 is required. I just craft exotic Warbeast armor which is stat-selectable Exotic armor, and an entire set is under $100g (less if you only need to craft the chest and buy the other pcs w/airship parts.

Agreed.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Enough for what?

Enough to attract ppl doing it.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@"Hannelore.8153" said:Doesn't give that much reward..?

Bladed Armor Box
"
Awarded for participation in the night cycle of the map meta-event in Verdant Brink. The box is contained in the map meta-event reward chest at the end of the night cycle
if the map successfully reaches tier 4
and the player has at least 100% map participation.
"

So T4 is required. I just craft exotic Warbeast armor which is stat-selectable Exotic armor, and an entire set is under $100g (less if you only need to craft the chest and buy the other pcs w/airship parts.

Agreed.

The chest piece will occasionally drop from night bosses. Its a shame the meta is too hard to organize, its one of the better ones in the game. I was lucky enough to be in a few guilds that ran it routinely, gearing alts or experimenting with stats now is a breeze. It's poor man's legendary armor, in a sense.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Enough for what?

But people are doing it. Even if they only do one boss you get the gemstone and can get the chestpiece. Even so, Ive done all 5 bosses twice last week on maps Ive logged into without even knowing if meta was up or not.

Are people doing max tier? Only select groups, but it is already well scaled to get what is needed from less now so Im not seeing a need to nerf. I do agree the pre is long, but the whole event is tied directly into the day/night time cycle. I dont really see them going back and working on untying it from the cycle for no real gain.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Enough for what?

But people are doing it. Even if they only do one boss you get the gemstone and can get the chestpiece. Even so, Ive done all 5 bosses twice last week on maps Ive logged into without even knowing if meta was up or not.

Are people doing max tier? Only select groups, but it is already well scaled to get what is needed from less now so Im not seeing a need to nerf. I do agree the pre is long, but the whole event is tied directly into the day/night time cycle. I dont really see them going back and working on untying it from the cycle for no real gain.

Not really, it's nowhere close to the popularity to other 3 map meta.

It's not well scaled if ppl think the reward doesn't match up with the time and difficulty. Why is it so hard to understand.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Enough for what?

It's not well scaled if ppl think the reward doesn't match up with the time and difficulty. Why is it so hard to understand.

But the meta is being done (and is being done on the map I am on right now) and that's despite clashes with a number of newer metas which are being prioritised (this is extremely key)

Whether it is close to the popularity of the others isn't relevant. People are doing the bosses. people are getting the rewards. The only thing not being done regularly is max tier and that isn't necessary anyway.

It's hard to understand because the point isn't being replicated when I go to VB (as I just did, successfully)

@Randulf.7614 said:

Enough for what?

But the meta is being done (and is being done on the map I am on right now) and that's despite clashes with a number of newer metas which are being prioritised (this is extremely key)

Whether it is close to the popularity of the others isn't relevant. People are doing the bosses. people are getting the rewards. The only thing not being done regularly is max tier and that isn't necessary anyway.

It's hard to understand because the point isn't being replicated when I go to VB (as I just did, successfully)

Where? Other than a few groups in certain time, nobody is doing them. And most of the group could not get top tier awards.

Ppl get little rewards compare to the time and effort, it's easy to balance by remove the first part and keep the 5 bosses fight.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Enough for what?

Where? Other than a few groups in certain time, nobody is doing them. And most of the group could not get top tier awards.

Every single time without fail, I find group in VB when I got there. Those time slots vary between peak and off peak and I will admit it is likely some times there will be empty maps on extreme off peak times, but every single meta has that issue. Every single boss, every single map. Anet just can't cater to every contingency.So far in the last week I have done the meta 3 times - I never use lfg, I litreally just login there or wp there and there's people doing the meta. I did it just now - killed a boss, then switched to another map to just see if much was going on there and we killed 3 bosses. How can no one be doing them when I switched through 2 maps doing it tonight alone?

T4 rewards are rare, I've said that 3 times now. But the rewards for T4 were changed a few months after HoT released so that players could get what they want after a single boss (potentially) - whether that be a guaranteed gemstone or a chance at the chestpiece dropping. T4 is just a nice thing to do rather than missing out on anything. And if a collection I am unaware of needs it, then I agree that the collection needs changing. T4 should not be a pre-req for anything

If rewards were a problem in getting I'd agree with you. If no one was doing VB meta, I'd agree with you. I'm not disagreeing for the sake of it but, neither of those things are occurring whenever I go there I cannot fathom why Anet would want to make a change to an older piece of content, which has been already rescaled/nerfed and seems to be working just fine.

@Randulf.7614 said:

Enough for what?

Every single time without fail, I find group in VB when I got there. Those time slots vary between peak and off peak and I will admit it is likely some times there will be empty maps on extreme off peak times, but every single meta has that issue. Every single boss, every single map. Anet just can't cater to every contingency.So far in the last week I have done the meta 3 times - I never use lfg, I litreally just login there or wp there and there's people doing the meta. I did it just now - killed a boss, then switched to another map to just see if much was going on there and we killed 3 bosses.

T4 rewards are rare, I've said that 3 times now. But the rewards for T4 were changed a few months after HoT released so that players could get what they want after a single boss (potentially) - whether that be a guaranteed gemstone or a chance at the chestpiece dropping.

If rewards were a problem in getting I'd agree with you. If no one was doing VB meta, I'd agree with you. I'm not disagreeing for the sake of it but, neither of those things are occurring whenever I go there I cannot fathom why Anet would want to make a change to an older piece of content, which has been already rescaled/nerfed and seems to be working just fine.

Not really, I've watched and in most of the times ppl just abandon this meta because the length.

You are making laughable examples, a good meta should be easily done 3-5 times a day, you are basically saying you couldn't even get it done daily, thank you for proving my point.

Reward is the a problem if they are going to keep current meta, if not they need to cut it down to make it much shorter.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Enough for what?

Every single time without fail, I find group in VB when I got there. Those time slots vary between peak and off peak and I will admit it is likely some times there will be empty maps on extreme off peak times, but every single meta has that issue. Every single boss, every single map. Anet just can't cater to every contingency.So far in the last week I have done the meta 3 times - I never use lfg, I litreally just login there or wp there and there's people doing the meta. I did it just now - killed a boss, then switched to another map to just see if much was going on there and we killed 3 bosses.

T4 rewards are rare, I've said that 3 times now. But the rewards for T4 were changed a few months after HoT released so that players could get what they want after a single boss (potentially) - whether that be a guaranteed gemstone or a chance at the chestpiece dropping.

Not really, I've watched and in most of the times ppl just abandon this meta because the length.

You are making laughable examples, a good meta should be easily done 3-5 times a day, you are basically saying you couldn't even get it done daily, thank you for proving my point.

Reward is the a problem if they are going to keep current meta, if not they need to cut it down to make it much shorter.

Are you reading the posts I am writing? Where did I say I couldn't do it daily when I actually said I've done it twice today alone? I'm pretty confident I could go there 3 times a day and still get it done (even though metas only reward once). The only reason I don't do it daily, is because I have other things to do and don't choose to go there every day. I go there randomly in a week. And get the rewards every single time

How can I make laughable examples when I've shown that every time I go there, I've it done?

They cannot make it shorter - it is completely tied to the day/night cycle of the game. They'd have to change the day/night cycle which would disrupt the entire game. For a meta which is active and proven to be active

@Randulf.7614 said:

Enough for what?

Are you reading the posts I am writing? Where did I say I couldn't do it daily when I actually said I've done it twice today alone? I'm pretty confident I could go there 3 times a day and still get it done (even though metas only reward once). The only reason I don't do it daily, is because I have other things to do and don't choose to go there every day. I go there randomly in a week. And get the rewards every single time

How can I make laughable examples when I've shown that every time I go there, I've it done?

They cannot make it shorter - it is completely tied to the day/night cycle of the game. They'd have to change the day/night cycle which would disrupt the entire game. For a meta which is active and proven to be active

And you still couldn't do it daily like 7 times as week, not proved here. I've seen this map getting cold very often. What do you mean every time? 3 times a week?

They can, just set it happen in the later or early half of the map, make it 20 mins simple.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

Enough for what?

And you still couldn't do it daily like 7 times as week, not proved here. I've seen this map getting cold very often. What do you mean every time? 3 times a week?

They can, just set it happen in the later or early half of the map, make it 20 mins simple.

What? What are you reading in my post? I never once said I couldn't get it done 7 days a week. Never once.

Read my post. The barrier to me getting it done is a combination of when I log in (not every day) and when I choose to go there (I don't farm it daily because I don't need to). But when i go there - day or evening, it gets done and has always got done. Usually it is already in progress and I just dive in and contribute. On some occasions I lead it and it gets done that way. Either way - it gets done.

Your understanding of how the map works needs looking into. That I will leave with you because you can't just "change it - it's simple". There are timings to all the events and other things going on that complicate that somewhat

@Randulf.7614 said:

Enough for what?

What? What are you reading in my post? I never once said I couldn't get it done 7 days a week. Never once.

Read my post. The barrier to me getting it done is a combination of when I log in (not every day) and when I choose to go there (I don't farm it daily because I don't need to). But when i go there - day or evening, it gets done and has always got done. Usually it is already in progress and I just dive in and contribute. On some occasions I lead it and it gets done that way. Either way - it gets done.

Your understanding of how the map works needs looking into. That I will leave with you because you can't just "change it - it's simple". There are timings to all the events and other things going on that complicate that somewhat

Yeah, and you only go it very few times per week, not proving anything. I have watched it quite closely and more than you have done. Most of the times ppl don't do it, sometimes there are 1-2 maps, and few could reach tier 4.

You can, it's just a mech change, nothing especially.

Sigh. You wont read a single one of my posts and automatically interpret something else every time I reply, so I'll leave you to it. I'll leave you to also to look into how the map works as well on a more intricate basis since it can't easily be changed without wider effects. The info is out there if you want to track it down.

I wish you the best of luck in your request

I believe EU may have more T4 attempts. NA does several a week, but If its not your routine play time, you will never see it. I do not think they should change the meta though, it a great bit of teamwork. Just soloing a camp to keep a chopper open is smaller scale fun.

Its often suggested to add a rare infusion to T4, sounds like a good idea.

@Hashberry.4510 said:I believe EU may have more T4 attempts. NA does several a week, but If its not your routine play time, you will never see it. I do not think they should change the meta though, it a great bit of teamwork. Just soloing a camp to keep a chopper open is smaller scale fun.

Its often suggested to add a rare infusion to T4, sounds like a good idea.

Which means ppl don't like doing it, then it's not great teamwork at all but not so good content.