Revenant stunbreak on legend swap removal

torben.1532

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@phokus.8934 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@apharma.3741i havent fully woken up yet but wanna say this.MUCH bigger companies, those that have 20x more developers dont test their kitten.They create test plans and use RPA for most changes. UAT still occurs but not on every change because you’d never release in time.

they should make a test server, back in nvo we used to duel for 1hour to test the changes.REALLY quickly you could figure out if the changes were good or not.have 2 good players go at each other and it becomes clear who got shafted more and who got shafted less

Just as foot in the grave, instead of removal they should have added a cd on it. So you can't really have it all the time, but if you play carefully you can have it when you need it. Ofc the rule would be that if i'm not cc and it is off cd, it should not get proc anyway(aka wasting the stunbreak), otherwise this suggestion would be pointless

@Fueki.4753 said:Stability and Stunbreaks already are underwhelming compared to the CC spam.I don't understand nerfing those without drastically reducing CC.

CC's don't do any damage anyway, why would you spam it when you have a burst opportunity? See where it's going?

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:A free stunbreak every 10 seconds is very op, and they have other utility that stunbreak as well. No class should have that much. People are just used to being carried by abundant utility.

Carried is subjective when the rest of the game have just as much control, they're just putting everything in a level playing field. Revenant in the current state of game without Empty Vessel would be extremely hard to play.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Stability and Stunbreaks already are underwhelming compared to the CC spam.I don't understand nerfing those without drastically reducing CC.

CC's don't do any damage anyway, why would you spam it when you have a burst opportunity? See where it's going?

You know there is something called team play, right? It's rare and continues to grow rarer, but it still exists.2 or 3 people chain-CC the enemies, while the rest burst them down, without any chance of fighting back.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:A free stunbreak every 10 seconds is very opIt's not exactly "free", first you have to trait for it, then you have to swap legends (which is more important than weapon swap) and may end up stuck with a wrong legend for the entirety of next 10 seconds.

Sure "free" is an exaggeration, but in combat you are swapping roughly every 10s anyways for energy, everyone takes invocation for damage anyways, and the stun break is a minor trait. The point is that you can rarely lock down a rev with cc because of how many stun breaks they have between empty vessel, shiro and glint. If you do manage to land a cc, they swap legends to break stun, and have 50 free energy to counterattack or kite away.

@torben.1532 said:Don’t go though with this, I got a feeling it’s gonna make the class semi unplayable.

Nah do it. Each legend has a stunbreak. Commit to using one of those.

Meta Herald in its current state runs sword for unrelenting, staff for evade and block, and Shiro/Glint which both have flipover skills that remove stuns or discourage/blind followups.

Having a break every 10 seconds was just icing on the cake.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@torben.1532 said:Don’t go though with this, I got a feeling it’s gonna make the class semi unplayable.

Nah do it. Each legend has a stunbreak. Commit to using one of those.

Meta Herald in its current state runs sword for unrelenting, staff for evade and block, and Shiro/Glint which both have flipover skills that remove stuns or discourage/blind followups.

Having a break every 10 seconds was just icing on the cake.

Just Ventari that despite having control over the Tablet to CC someone away while being CC'd, I still think that it needs a stunbreak for the sake of not being so easy to control in a teamfight.

Losing that isn't so bad. Plus, they are gutting some of the low CD trait based stunbreaks on other classes so it's fine.

Devestation/Retribution/Herald has a few decent playable builds. You just have to sort of "gitgud" and actually dodge those CCs.

Here is a build that I have gotten to Plat III with:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdsklNFS9F54H2DsgPsNAH4BA-jpxHQBBb/hAeCAuWZA/dIAAwDAQZHBAA*In some ways rune of resistance will be more reliable since Dragon elite is seeing a cooldown buff to make up for loss of damage.

Here is a shield rev version that's a pretty good all around bruiser:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAw6ZlpQMMLijdRdMMyjJSksCigl+lezH-z5gXKZGC9GBtnA5XA2NA

The main three differences when playing ret/dev/herald over normal meta is that:A] Instead of Invocations +7% damage bonus when you have fury, this build gives you +10% damage against weakened targets, so you will want to start your damage combos off with either dragon breath ( this is why I run rising momentum on the first build since you wont have perm swiftness ) or a CC for optimal dps.B] You get good sustain out of channeling impossible odds, so try to use RS/PT less often. Channeling dragon elite facet can provide good sustain as well + movement speed from rising momentum if you don't have swiftness up.C] You don't get quickness on swap, so be smarter with your setups.

The REAL problem with losing empty vessel is they are replacing it with a trait that is absolute crap for Herald since Herald already stacks fury to the moon and back. And empty vessel is one of the biggest reasons you take invocation. So the first of these two builds could very well end up being the next meta for power shiro because invocation could very well end up becoming a sub par choice. The other problem is that Riposting shadows to 40 is a bad change for reasons I explained here.

Let´s say you need a stunbreak while being on Glint, Facet of Darkness is on CD, you swap legend, use RS and you are already down on 10 energy.. I wish that at least the weapon skills didn´t use energy (since they already have a CD) so that we had more left for the utility skills. I get that certain legend skills do too much, but rather than increasing the energy cost, nerf the skill itself. It´s better to be able to use a decent skill more often than never using a rly good skill because it´s too expensive.

@Xca.9721 said:Let´s say you need a stunbreak while being on Glint, Facet of Darkness is on CD, you swap legend, use RS and you are already down on 10 energy.. I wish that at least the weapon skills didn´t use energy (since they already have a CD) so that we had more left for the utility skills. I get that certain legend skills do too much, but rather than increasing the energy cost, nerf the skill itself. It´s better to be able to use a decent skill more often than never using a rly good skill because it´s too expensive.

That's why the real screw is 40e for Riposting shadows, which is an overnerf for the same reasons that Rite of the great dwarf and Jade Winds are rarely cast. The closer an e cost for a skill gets to 50 it exponentially removes the skill from play, not linearly. It's the equivalent to nerfing a 40s stunbreak on a cooldown focused class to 120s.

So now if Revs choose shiro for a legend, they effectively only have 1 stunbreak, and another skill that trades a stun for a silence. No other skill is getting nerfed this hard, which says that either Anet isn't fully aware of just how prohibitive 40e cost is... or they sincerely believe riposting shadows to be the most broken skill in the game right now.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:

@Xca.9721 said:Let´s say you need a stunbreak while being on Glint, Facet of Darkness is on CD, you swap legend, use RS and you are already down on 10 energy.. I wish that at least the weapon skills didn´t use energy (since they already have a CD) so that we had more left for the utility skills. I get that certain legend skills do too much, but rather than increasing the energy cost, nerf the skill itself. It´s better to be able to use a decent skill more often than never using a rly good skill because it´s too expensive.

That's why the real screw is 40e for Riposting shadows, which is an overnerf for the same reasons that Rite of the great dwarf and Jade Winds are rarely cast. The closer an e cost for a skill gets to 50 it exponentially removes the skill from play, not linearly.

So now if Revs choose shiro for a legend, they effectively only have 1 stunbreak, and another skill that trades a stun for a silence. No other skill is getting nerfed this hard, which says that either Anet isn't fully aware of just how prohibitive 40e cost is... or they sincerely believe riposting shadows to be the most broken skill in the game right now.

So now revs have to actually pay attention to their energy usage and not spam skills without a care? I dont see why that is a problem. RS still has no cd, restores some endurance, evades, removes immob, chill, cripple, and grants fury. Its still one of the best stun breaks in the game, and an additional 10 energy cost is just to try and keep it in line with other cd nerfs to stun breaks.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:So now revs have to actually pay attention to their energy usage and not spam skills without a care? I dont see why that is a problem.Revenants already have problem with Energy management and still get nerfed there.And yet Thieves barely need to pay attention to their resource, with Initiative only being on weapon skills and not being tied to cooldowns.They still are the single most oppressive and unfair profession to play against.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:So now revs have to actually pay attention to their energy usage and not spam skills without a care? I dont see why that is a problem.Revenants already have problem with Energy management and still get nerfed there.And yet Thieves barely need to pay attention to their resource, with Initiative only being on weapon skills and not being tied to cooldowns.They still are the single most oppressive and unfair profession to play against.

No they don't.. No they aren't..

All these posts are all within the context of the current patch and not what it's going to be..

SO MANY THINGS, are going to change.

Let alone Annulment finally being removed.

If they hadn't removed Empty Vessel, Revenants would have had an unfair momentum, like very unfair.

Be real, nobody has the slightest clue and are afraid of what they don't know of. All these speculations are clueless and triggering everyone's spoiled habits, just retaliating in panic.

Use those patch notes and critical thinking, envision what's to come. Thieves are not gonna be far ahead if at all.