Rite of the Great Dwarf: It's time to put it in line with the other skills

Shao.7236

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Shao.7236 said:

@Arkantos.7460 said:for this high cost, there should be immunity to ccits frustrating, casting this skill and getting cced right after ...GG

The reason why it doesn't;
  • Spirit Boon
  • Unwavering Avoidance

The skill is meant to be casted while reading people moves mostly along everything else in the Revenant utility and traits.

Doesn't help so much when it's your stunbreak when in Jalis, though, and that's going to be even more true when Empty Vessel gets removed. Glaring Resolve should help, though, as long as you can afford to drop Cleansing Channel.

@draxynnic.3719 Not that I want to speak like there's some hidden tactics or super high skill plays to pull off but from my experience playing a lot, I rarely ever get CC if at all, so my guess is that they really want people not to be.

With Riposting Shadows being 40 now, it's clear that people will have to adapt.

Empty Vessel removal does really ruin a lot of what Revenant can do back to back, but a CC chain in the coming patch will be a lot harder to pull off and if it's done, it will punish players doing so because CC's don't do damage at all, just benefits the victim if they don't get bursted too hard after both, which is unlikely, why waste 2 CC for just one damage attempt as the players can already damage before or while the stunbreak occurs.

@Shao.7236 said:@"draxynnic.3719" Not that I want to speak like there's some hidden tactics or super high skill plays to pull off but from my experience playing a lot, I rarely ever get CC if at all, so my guess is that they really want people not to be.

I've been playing revenant lately (Glint/Jalis) and in my experience I do get CC-chained a fair amount. That could be a style or play level (I think you're generally in a higher tier than I am) difference - I generally play somewhat tanky and the build I'm using has relatively few escape options, so my response to being outnumbered is often to stall as long as I can and hope my team can exploit the situation on the rest of the map. However, this can mean that sometimes I get the CC chains piled on - I think I had one point today where I had half a dozen hard CCs hitting within a matter of seconds (against a firebrand, a mesmer, and I think another herald, IIRC).

From what I've seen of your montages, you generally have a more mobile playstyle, which makes you less likely to be singled out.

That said, on the whole, my gut feeling is that revenants are probably going to be a bit higher in the order compared to before the patch rather than lower, depending in part on how the Devastation and Corruption changes shake out. My main concerns from a revenant perspective are Empty Vessel and the possibility of the meta shifting more condi-heavy. Conversely, as you say, CC is going to be more expensive, and while damage has been reduced across the board, most revenant healing doesn't seem to have been touched. So there's probably room for some cautious optimism there.

That said, I think the statement certainly holds that Spirit Boon and Unwavering Avoidance aren't helping if you've already been CC'd. Glaring Resolve will mean that there's a trait to "cover" RotGD when used as a stunbreak, however, which is something I've been asking for for a long time.