"Obsidian Flesh: This skill now locks the player's skill bar while invulnerable." — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Elementalist

"Obsidian Flesh: This skill now locks the player's skill bar while invulnerable."

Please make this skill a pvp split. There is no point in making this change in pve, condi weaver only had 1 defensive skill to ignore a mechanic or prevent getting 1 shot which also has a 50s CD. Being a squishy class and quite hard to play compared to others makes this change really bad as it was our only emergency button. Why would you ever use a skill that locks all your skills for 4 seconds just to avoid a mechanic or a big hit? I think most condi weavers will agree on this.
Thank you.

<13

Comments

  • Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭✭

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1147577#Comment_1147577 the preview

    I didn't read it yet, but starting with

    Overload : Reduced power coef, might duraction, targets ...

    not good, not good

  • Alyster.9470Alyster.9470 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zhaid Zhem.6508 The change I posted is for pve. I think its a good change to make in pvp wvw but no reason at all to be in pve.

  • Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This change was unnecessary in PvP.

  • Zhaid Zhem.6508Zhaid Zhem.6508 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yeah sorry I had the topic in favorites, forgot it was the wvw review; there are also pve and pvp review.

  • Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020

    Where is this change? I cannot find it anywhere. Nevermind I found it.

    Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

  • supreme.3602supreme.3602 Member ✭✭✭

    I must have time-travelled during my trip to the bathroom and ended up in April, because I know for sure these changes can't be legit.

    Broski Supreme - Borsk Carry Effect - Condi Ele Pioneer

  • Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I feel like they should change the animation now so it is more visually clear to the player, to a rock with legs.

  • Awesome!!!

  • toxic.3648toxic.3648 Member ✭✭✭

    this looks great, never understood why invuln and using skills at the same time should be allowed. more of this pls. patch is looking awesome !!

    Toxicity Pengu to the rescue /o/

  • MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Maybe we could apply the same principle to distortion?

  • toxic.3648toxic.3648 Member ✭✭✭

    @MyPuppy.8970 said:
    Maybe we could apply the same principle to distortion?

    i think thats gonna be hard mirage wise since they use mirage cloak offensively . but on core mes i would agree, ranger and war invuln should get the same treatment if they havent already got that in the patch

    Toxicity Pengu to the rescue /o/

  • Alyster.9470Alyster.9470 Member ✭✭✭

    @toxic.3648 its an ok change but only for pvp/wvw, why should take apply this change to pve, its a weapon skill not a utility. Also guardians invul resets its virtues, elixir S can be used to give invis to 5 people. There is no additional benefit of obsidian flesh other than invul and its not always available as you need to have earth in offhand so thats 2 attunment changes to access the skill when you need it if you are not on earth already. The better change would be something like immune to conditions for 4 seconds or immune to critical hits. I also dont like the idea of invulnerable in pvp but it definitely saved me many times in pve.

  • toxic.3648toxic.3648 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2020

    @Alyster.9470 said:
    @toxic.3648 its an ok change but only for pvp/wvw, why should take apply this change to pve, its a weapon skill not a utility. Also guardians invul resets its virtues, elixir S can be used to give invis to 5 people. There is no additional benefit of obsidian flesh other than invul and its not always available as you need to have earth in offhand so thats 2 attunment changes to access the skill when you need it if you are not on earth already. The better change would be something like immune to conditions for 4 seconds or immune to critical hits. I also dont like the idea of invulnerable in pvp but it definitely saved me many times in pve.

    tempest and core ele need 1 attunement change to get it, engi cant use stealth while invuln which is my whole point. heck mistform is what it should be like for all. no skills allowed to be used while invuln is what id like to see (except for mirage cloak) i dont care how it works in pve since imo anything goes there.

    edit: no disrespect meant, after rereading my post i saw it could come off as offensive'ish :)

    Toxicity Pengu to the rescue /o/

  • Alyster.9470Alyster.9470 Member ✭✭✭

    @toxic.3648 its alright I understand what you mean, I have nothing against this change if its only applied to PvP/WvW even tho I play weaver in all game modes. However for pve its quite bad for us, for example I could avoid dying from gorsevals retaliation using this skill "as I cant make condis stop ticking". Being a squishy class and quite hard to play compared to others (condi weaver) I think it deserves to have such a emergency button in PVE.

  • toxic.3648toxic.3648 Member ✭✭✭

    @Alyster.9470
    if they could skillsplit obsidian flesh pvp/pve so u guys can get an "o kitten button" in pve that would be fine :) i get what u mean mate ^^

    Toxicity Pengu to the rescue /o/

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @toxic.3648 said:
    this looks great, never understood why invuln and using skills at the same time should be allowed. more of this pls. patch is looking awesome !!

    For ele because its a channel class who has much longer cast times then any other class with out the means of making thoughts cast times lower like other classes. That and lowest hp / def in the game (bad anet balancing to start with) there a lot of skill and effects that you can point to that being the reason why you have a lot of place holder skills and skills that simply word diffrent.

    Keep in mind war still has powerful blocks and dmg not taken effects but with the highest hp / armor in the game so... your saying a lot of this out of context of the balancing of the game.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • toxic.3648toxic.3648 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jski.6180 said:

    @toxic.3648 said:
    this looks great, never understood why invuln and using skills at the same time should be allowed. more of this pls. patch is looking awesome !!

    For ele because its a channel class who has much longer cast times then any other class with out the means of making thoughts cast times lower like other classes. That and lowest hp / def in the game (bad anet balancing to start with) there a lot of skill and effects that you can point to that being the reason why you have a lot of place holder skills and skills that simply word diffrent.

    Keep in mind war still has powerful blocks and dmg not taken effects but with the highest hp / armor in the game so... your saying a lot of this out of context of the balancing of the game.

    im saying this as an excited tempest player too mind u. sure i play holo aswell but i love my d/f auramancer just as much and still welcome this change since imo its only fair that invuln is the same for everyone.

    its also one of the reasons i despise mirage's ability to dodge while cc'ed since thats the only outlier in the entire game that can do that

    Toxicity Pengu to the rescue /o/

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @toxic.3648 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:

    @toxic.3648 said:
    this looks great, never understood why invuln and using skills at the same time should be allowed. more of this pls. patch is looking awesome !!

    For ele because its a channel class who has much longer cast times then any other class with out the means of making thoughts cast times lower like other classes. That and lowest hp / def in the game (bad anet balancing to start with) there a lot of skill and effects that you can point to that being the reason why you have a lot of place holder skills and skills that simply word diffrent.

    Keep in mind war still has powerful blocks and dmg not taken effects but with the highest hp / armor in the game so... your saying a lot of this out of context of the balancing of the game.

    im saying this as an excited tempest player too mind u. sure i play holo aswell but i love my d/f auramancer just as much and still welcome this change since imo its only fair that invuln is the same for everyone.

    its also one of the reasons i despise mirage's ability to dodge while cc'ed since thats the only outlier in the entire game that can do that

    So during gurds Renewed Focus they can use 0 cast time skills or non channel skills with the added effect of getting cd back yet this is not getting an update. You can still swap atument during the lock out times on ele as it seems they cant program the game to work that way even with lock outs. What it comes down to is that there is now a skill you cant stop on the ele wepon that locks it from playing the game. Most classes have some effects during an invuln or they can brake them when needed. If they went with obsidian flesh now dose something during the invuln making it a channel effect it would fit the ele class more but it sounds like its another mist form that for the most part cause players more harm then good because of the lock out effect.

    Core mez still has distortion and evasion skills as well as blocks that lets it do other things or are so short lasting with low cd that it can be part of moment to moment combat something you cant say for longer lock out duration invuln.

    It simply makes the game less fun and show a real lack of imagination on anet end.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • toxic.3648toxic.3648 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jski.6180
    i dont think u get my point. all invulns imo should be like mist form . u are effing invulnerable, u shouldnt be allowed to do anything besides enduring the dmg and run away. sure it may give less flavor to the game but U ARE FCKING INVULNERABLE.
    that guard can use f skills while he is invulns is a failure too in my eyes, mes distortion too. warrior and ranger invulns too for that matter (if they wasnt changed in patch, but so far i havent read it all)

    mind u this is purely from pvp perspective of the game. it can be free for all bonanza in pve for all i care, balance matters less there anyway :)

    Toxicity Pengu to the rescue /o/

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @toxic.3648 said:
    @Jski.6180
    i dont think u get my point. all invulns imo should be like mist form . u are effing invulnerable, u shouldnt be allowed to do anything besides enduring the dmg and run away. sure it may give less flavor to the game but U ARE FCKING INVULNERABLE.
    that guard can use f skills while he is invulns is a failure too in my eyes, mes distortion too. warrior and ranger invulns too for that matter (if they wasnt changed in patch, but so far i havent read it all)

    mind u this is purely from pvp perspective of the game. it can be free for all bonanza in pve for all i care, balance matters less there anyway :)

    But they are not that what you seem to not understand only mist form is like mist form well soon obsidian flesh. Most invulns are something you can stop mid way only mist form is a lock and its not a good way to balance a skill. If any thing they should let you stop mist form mid way if you want. I do not see how making more things lock you out of game play helps the game.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • toxic.3648toxic.3648 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jski.6180 said:
    But they are not that what you seem to not understand only mist form is like mist form well soon obsidian flesh. Most invulns are something you can stop mid way only mist form is a lock and its not a good way to balance a skill. If any thing they should let you stop mist form mid way if you want. I do not see how making more things lock you out of game play helps the game.

    elixir S on engineer is exactly like mist form too, u cant escape midthrough. and as ive said numerous times now i feel like every invulnerbility should be like mistform/ elixir S . its not only obsidian flesh im singling out here. i want even playing field for all invuln skills
    i highly dislike gameplay were u do damage while being invulnerable or evading. rev iframe spam / mirage / war, ranger to some extent since those abilities gives u less counterplay to an attack u see comming = u cant counterpressure when they pressure you.

    this argument is more of opposite mindsets of what we want the game to be than the technical knowhow of the game

    Toxicity Pengu to the rescue /o/

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @toxic.3648 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:
    But they are not that what you seem to not understand only mist form is like mist form well soon obsidian flesh. Most invulns are something you can stop mid way only mist form is a lock and its not a good way to balance a skill. If any thing they should let you stop mist form mid way if you want. I do not see how making more things lock you out of game play helps the game.

    elixir S on engineer is exactly like mist form too, u cant escape midthrough. and as ive said numerous times now i feel like every invulnerbility should be like mistform/ elixir S . its not only obsidian flesh im singling out here. i want even playing field for all invuln skills
    i highly dislike gameplay were u do damage while being invulnerable or evading. rev iframe spam / mirage / war, ranger to some extent since those abilities gives u less counterplay to an attack u see comming = u cant counterpressure when they pressure you.

    this argument is more of opposite mindsets of what we want the game to be than the technical knowhow of the game

    I though they changed both version i guess not Elixir S is not good for the game as is too. There more invulnerability in the game then the 2 i am all for making Renewed Focus into something you cant stop mid way but that would be un-fun and effectually nerf the skill. Its not good to the game to lock ppl out of skills for so long. Mist form elixir s and obsidian flesh now should be something you can stop when you want and not be a lock out for its full duration. Its not like anet has made it so your locked out of your skill during invuln of your roll as that what going on during it not a true dodge but an i frame yet you can use your skills and effects during the roll if they have 0 cast time. That why ele had obsidian flesh work the way it dose because of the high up time of the effect and the channel way of casting as a class.

    I am all for disable all effect during all i frames in the game but it will make the game less fun. Right now your view is letting some invulnerability be ok and others not making the argument a bit 2 faces. To say obsidian flesh update is just fine as is and given your reason of game play and counter game play is simply forgetting that there a lot of other invuln effects such as dodging that dose not lock out of many skills and effects and there room to control the timing on some level.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • toxic.3648toxic.3648 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2020

    @Jski.6180 said:

    @toxic.3648 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:
    But they are not that what you seem to not understand only mist form is like mist form well soon obsidian flesh. Most invulns are something you can stop mid way only mist form is a lock and its not a good way to balance a skill. If any thing they should let you stop mist form mid way if you want. I do not see how making more things lock you out of game play helps the game.

    elixir S on engineer is exactly like mist form too, u cant escape midthrough. and as ive said numerous times now i feel like every invulnerbility should be like mistform/ elixir S . its not only obsidian flesh im singling out here. i want even playing field for all invuln skills
    i highly dislike gameplay were u do damage while being invulnerable or evading. rev iframe spam / mirage / war, ranger to some extent since those abilities gives u less counterplay to an attack u see comming = u cant counterpressure when they pressure you.

    this argument is more of opposite mindsets of what we want the game to be than the technical knowhow of the game

    I though they changed both version i guess not Elixir S is not good for the game as is too. There more invulnerability in the game then the 2 i am all for making Renewed Focus into something you cant stop mid way but that would be un-fun and effectually nerf the skill. Its not good to the game to lock ppl out of skills for so long. Mist form elixir s and obsidian flesh now should be something you can stop when you want and not be a lock out for its full duration. Its not like anet has made it so your locked out of your skill during invuln of your roll as that what going on during it not a true dodge but an i frame yet you can use your skills and effects during the roll if they have 0 cast time. That why ele had obsidian flesh work the way it dose because of the high up time of the effect and the channel way of casting as a class.

    I am all for disable all effect during all i frames in the game but it will make the game less fun. Right now your view is letting some invulnerability be ok and others not making the argument a bit 2 faces. To say obsidian flesh update is just fine as is and given your reason of game play and counter game play is simply forgetting that there a lot of other invuln effects such as dodging that dose not lock out of many skills and effects and there room to control the timing on some level.

    the only invuln i see as okay is mirage cloak since thats a class mechanic, ambush skills etc. anything else that grants invulnerbility should be like mistform or elixir S. thats my only point on invuln as a whole.
    iframes + evade's while attacking and dodging is not invulnerbility . the first 2 i would like to see a steep decrease in but dodgeroll as a whole is a great mechanic (mind u u cant use skills while dodging either)

    edit: another thing i want to point out is that ive never seen a guard cancelling his invuln before it ran out. if u can go invulnerable wouldnt u want more time to be invuln instead ? only reason i can see u would want to cancel it is because the enemy know the timing for when u leave invuln state and thus u can cancel it early to throw off his timing. other than that i see no reason to leave invuln early. but thats just my 2 cents

    Toxicity Pengu to the rescue /o/

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @toxic.3648 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:

    @toxic.3648 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:
    But they are not that what you seem to not understand only mist form is like mist form well soon obsidian flesh. Most invulns are something you can stop mid way only mist form is a lock and its not a good way to balance a skill. If any thing they should let you stop mist form mid way if you want. I do not see how making more things lock you out of game play helps the game.

    elixir S on engineer is exactly like mist form too, u cant escape midthrough. and as ive said numerous times now i feel like every invulnerbility should be like mistform/ elixir S . its not only obsidian flesh im singling out here. i want even playing field for all invuln skills
    i highly dislike gameplay were u do damage while being invulnerable or evading. rev iframe spam / mirage / war, ranger to some extent since those abilities gives u less counterplay to an attack u see comming = u cant counterpressure when they pressure you.

    this argument is more of opposite mindsets of what we want the game to be than the technical knowhow of the game

    I though they changed both version i guess not Elixir S is not good for the game as is too. There more invulnerability in the game then the 2 i am all for making Renewed Focus into something you cant stop mid way but that would be un-fun and effectually nerf the skill. Its not good to the game to lock ppl out of skills for so long. Mist form elixir s and obsidian flesh now should be something you can stop when you want and not be a lock out for its full duration. Its not like anet has made it so your locked out of your skill during invuln of your roll as that what going on during it not a true dodge but an i frame yet you can use your skills and effects during the roll if they have 0 cast time. That why ele had obsidian flesh work the way it dose because of the high up time of the effect and the channel way of casting as a class.

    I am all for disable all effect during all i frames in the game but it will make the game less fun. Right now your view is letting some invulnerability be ok and others not making the argument a bit 2 faces. To say obsidian flesh update is just fine as is and given your reason of game play and counter game play is simply forgetting that there a lot of other invuln effects such as dodging that dose not lock out of many skills and effects and there room to control the timing on some level.

    the only invuln i see as okay is mirage cloak since thats a class mechanic, ambush skills etc. anything else that grants invulnerbility should be like mistform or elixir S. thats my only point on invuln as a whole.
    iframes + evade's while attacking and dodging is not invulnerbility . the first 2 i would like to see a steep decrease in but dodgeroll as a whole is a great mechanic (mind u u cant use skills while dodging either)

    edit: another thing i want to point out is that ive never seen a guard cancelling his invuln before it ran out. if u can go invulnerable wouldnt u want more time to be invuln instead ? only reason i can see u would want to cancel it is because the enemy know the timing for when u leave invuln state and thus u can cancel it early to throw off his timing. other than that i see no reason to leave invuln early. but thats just my 2 cents

    Obsidian flesh is very much a class mechanic for ele it has been for years as well as mist form they are very much part of eles "give time to cast big spells" tricks. Why invuln is ok for mirage who already has means of blocking and evasion as well as fast casting spells is beyond me. I am fine with obsidian flesh being a type of lock out but it needs to be a channel locked out where you can end it BUT mist form and it seems elixir S need to be the same way. Invuln should not be a set time only there needs to be real control from that player to end it when they want to. It gives room for more counter play and over all interaction. Lock out invulns are the least version of invulns in gw2 atm i frames type skills are all over and to keep things fair they need to be looked at as well.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2020

    @Pterikdactyl.7630 said:
    I feel like they should change the animation now so it is more visually clear to the player, to a rock with legs.

    actually it would make sense now to root the user like herald shield 5 lol, but yeah change into a big rock
    nah nah anet don't read this and get any bright ideas

    Te lazla otstara.

  • shinta.8906shinta.8906 Member ✭✭✭

    its allrdy like that on earthshield 5

  • Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think we should rename obsidian flesh to mist form since now the two skills are identical in usage and effects (can't attack with either now). Only seems logical to me.

  • MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    I think we should rename obsidian flesh to mist form since now the two skills are identical in usage and effects (can't attack with either now). Only seems logical to me.

    Stone form would be more appropriate. Incidentally, it could be a new class mechanic. Fire Form, Lighting form...

  • Genesis.5169Genesis.5169 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2020

    I legit don't know why they took any of the ele defenses.
    It's not like they are overly represented anywhere its not exactly like they are easy to play either.

    I have no idea how FB can be left virtually untouched and they can pull the same kinda dps in healing gear, i don't play an ele but everytime an ele has pop that invul skill i've never been like man thats OP even if i blew a huge CD on it.

    Anet should really take in consideration the difference it takes to play a warrior or a thief vs an ele and balance interms of class complexity and balance cause this is stupid legitimately anet you shouldnt give people credence to balance other classes especially if they come from classes VASTLY EASIER TO PLAY yeah i said it its harder to play and ELE then a warrior or a ranger or a thief so ANET SHOULD IGNORE YOU as you don't understand how you got beaten.

    Legit i feel for you i have no idea why they nerfed it.

    Edited for clarity!

    For those on the forums who advocate for the removal of duo queues in Spvp, realize your actions over the past 7 years has destroyed gw2 Spvp and thinking doing the same thing again is a good idea after several years of it not working crazy. Get better at pvp.

  • Alyster.9470Alyster.9470 Member ✭✭✭

    As usual we are ignored by ANet :)

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Alyster.9470 said:
    As usual we are ignored by ANet :)

    They realty do not look on these forms lol best to post about it on other places.

    100% lock out skills are not good for the game it realy should be a channel skill.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Alyster.9470 said:
    Please make this skill a pvp split. There is no point in making this change in pve, condi weaver only had 1 defensive skill to ignore a mechanic or prevent getting 1 shot which also has a 50s CD. Being a squishy class and quite hard to play compared to others makes this change really bad as it was our only emergency button. Why would you ever use a skill that locks all your skills for 4 seconds just to avoid a mechanic or a big hit? I think most condi weavers will agree on this.
    Thank you.

    Guards invuln, engi invuln and mistform all work like that, no skills for you. You can still stomp and rezz.

    Why should obsidian flesh be different?

  • Alyster.9470Alyster.9470 Member ✭✭✭

    @RedShark.9548 do you read properly? I said it should be a change for PVP AND WVW ONLY. Who am I gonna stomp in PvE, world bosses!?!?!?!? Read carefully before you comment...

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Alyster.9470 said:
    @RedShark.9548 do you read properly? I said it should be a change for PVP AND WVW ONLY. Who am I gonna stomp in PvE, world bosses!?!?!?!? Read carefully before you comment...

    I read that, but it makes no difference, other invuln skills behave like that in pve aswell.

    Rly... you want those invuln frames for world bosses? Oof. Guess you have to choose now, survive that pve mechanic with an invuln, or survive it by other means, or deal all the deeps while tanking it. Just popping invuln and keep dpsing sounds lazy to me.

    Btw, there are mobs that have to be stomped, even in pve :)

  • @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Alyster.9470 said:
    @RedShark.9548 do you read properly? I said it should be a change for PVP AND WVW ONLY. Who am I gonna stomp in PvE, world bosses!?!?!?!? Read carefully before you comment...

    I read that, but it makes no difference, other invuln skills behave like that in pve aswell.

    Rly... you want those invuln frames for world bosses? Oof. Guess you have to choose now, survive that pve mechanic with an invuln, or survive it by other means, or deal all the deeps while tanking it. Just popping invuln and keep dpsing sounds lazy to me.

    Btw, there are mobs that have to be stomped, even in pve :)

    What about Endure Pain then? Yeah, you can still be damaged by conditions but let's be honnest, it's almost like invincibility in pve.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aigleborgne.2981 said:

    @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Alyster.9470 said:
    @RedShark.9548 do you read properly? I said it should be a change for PVP AND WVW ONLY. Who am I gonna stomp in PvE, world bosses!?!?!?!? Read carefully before you comment...

    I read that, but it makes no difference, other invuln skills behave like that in pve aswell.

    Rly... you want those invuln frames for world bosses? Oof. Guess you have to choose now, survive that pve mechanic with an invuln, or survive it by other means, or deal all the deeps while tanking it. Just popping invuln and keep dpsing sounds lazy to me.

    Btw, there are mobs that have to be stomped, even in pve :)

    What about Endure Pain then? Yeah, you can still be damaged by conditions but let's be honnest, it's almost like invincibility in pve.

    Cc still works, condis still work, lifesteal effects still work.
    Yea id say stone sig and endure pain work quite differently to the invincible effect.

  • @RedShark.9548 said:

    @Alyster.9470 said:
    @RedShark.9548 do you read properly? I said it should be a change for PVP AND WVW ONLY. Who am I gonna stomp in PvE, world bosses!?!?!?!? Read carefully before you comment...

    I read that, but it makes no difference, other invuln skills behave like that in pve aswell.

    Rly... you want those invuln frames for world bosses? Oof. Guess you have to choose now, survive that pve mechanic with an invuln, or survive it by other means, or deal all the deeps while tanking it. Just popping invuln and keep dpsing sounds lazy to me.

    Btw, there are mobs that have to be stomped, even in pve :)

    Having the option to use the skill offensively or defensively seems more interesting to me. See? You think it's "lazy" and I think it's "interesting". And that's about how well the decisions being made in this patch have been explained. The way it was before was "bad", and we hope this shot in the dark will be "good".

  • Alyster.9470Alyster.9470 Member ✭✭✭

    @RedShark.9548 guardian invul resets their virtues, engineer elixir s has additional skill to give stealth to 5 players. What extra effect does obsidian flesh have other than invul? You were able to attack, now thats also gone and there is no point in using this skill anymore. Also to mention it has an elite skill long CD

  • lakdav.3694lakdav.3694 Member ✭✭✭

    It should just root the player in place, maybe also disable attunement swap for the duration. You're so one with earth you can't move until that invulnerability wears off. Utility skills still permitted. Mist Form has increased movement speed and invulnerability at the cost of all skills. Its a "get out of a sticky situation" card focusing on nothing but escape. Obsidian Flesh should be different somewhat.

  • ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    This change was unnecessary in PvP.

    Being untouchable while being able to deal damage for free with no restrictions for a few seconds against some one who does not have the same ability....... yeah it was an unnecessary change alright...

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Alyster.9470 said:
    @RedShark.9548 guardian invul resets their virtues, engineer elixir s has additional skill to give stealth to 5 players. What extra effect does obsidian flesh have other than invul? You were able to attack, now thats also gone and there is no point in using this skill anymore. Also to mention it has an elite skill long CD

    Obsidian flesh is still a skill attached to a weapon, guardians IS an elite and engis is a utility.

    Imo utilityskills should be better than weaponskills, because there are fewer utility slots than weapon slots.

  • Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2020

    @ZDragon.3046 said:

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    This change was unnecessary in PvP.

    Being untouchable while being able to deal damage for free with no restrictions for a few seconds against some one who does not have the same ability....... yeah it was an unnecessary change alright...

    Warrior can do that can't they? What about thf and pistol wipe. That's kinda an invuln but with evades, what about Gaurdain blocks that's kinda an invuln as well. I don not see your point. Ele has so little to begin with. Yes sword skills are op, imo any skills that has evade frames is op and shouldn't exist.

    Obsidian flesh offers nothing to a team fight as a burst dps except self survival. And on a 50 second cool down for 3 seconds if u u cant play around that then you lack proper skills your self, and obviously been out played.

  • TheVaultHunter.6835TheVaultHunter.6835 Member ✭✭
    edited February 26, 2020

    It is a huge problem for every build in pvp.
    Everyone here ist trying to compare obsidian to skills like Elixir s or mistform which is complete nonsense in my opinion. You swap Out of earth you lose your "oh kitten" button and the ability to actually avoide incoming dmg activly. You can only activate the skill once you already ate all the dmg. In its former form you could at least use it to cover a bit of your burst with the short invuln frame. Imagine playing any sort of weaver and you want to mitigate incoming damage with obsidian: you swap to earth have 4 secs cd on your attunement swap, eat all the damage, then swap to any other attunement or earth to double attune and can then use your invuln, just to be able to not heal or do anything (:
    Imo the skill hast always been there to cover some of your abilities like ist is with f4 in mesmer. Which was not nerfed btw
    I havent tested yet but being unable to use overload earth while invul and while not wearing super tanky gear will basically make you a free kill. You are caught in an animation that takes forever and cant use your invuln while channeling it or dodge without losing the benefit of overloading

  • ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:

    @ZDragon.3046 said:

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    This change was unnecessary in PvP.

    Being untouchable while being able to deal damage for free with no restrictions for a few seconds against some one who does not have the same ability....... yeah it was an unnecessary change alright...

    Warrior can do that can't they? What about thf and pistol wipe. That's kinda an invuln but with evades, what about Gaurdain blocks that's kinda an invuln as well. I don not see your point. Ele has so little to begin with. Yes sword skills are op, imo any skills that has evade frames is op and shouldn't exist.

    No warrior cannot do it no.
    Lets be clear invunerablity means you cannot have any interactions take place with you from other players no matter what they do.
    No boon strip
    No cc
    No Condition application (means you cant blind / slow/ cripple)
    No condi damage
    No strike damage
    No effects from ward skills like Spectral ring/ Ring of Warding (which will even stop evades)

    You literally cannot be stopped by any means
    If you are going to have this power you should not be able to interact with others either as a result

    Now lets compare that to warrior skills
    Endure Pain Has interaction
    Boon strip still works
    CC still works
    Conditions can still be applied
    Condition damage still works
    No strike damage
    Effects from wards still work

    Defiant stance Your damage does not work but you can still interact with them via cc
    Boon strip still works
    CC still works
    Conditions can still be applied (you can still blind them for example)
    Both power and condition damage do not work
    Effects from wards still work

    Pistol whip is an evade and have you tried shocking aura? Shuts it down like instantly

    Lets be clear here
    invulns are not the same as evades
    invulns are not the same as damage negations that dont stop cc and condition application etc

    Being invulnerable is in a league of its own and should be balanced as such if you cant see this then thats a bit of a problem. One has counter-play the other does not.

    Obsidian flesh offers nothing to a team fight as a burst dps except self survival. And on a 50 second cool down for 3 seconds if u u cant play around that then you lack proper skills your self, and obviously been out played.

    Correction if you need a skill that makes you invuln to everything in the game while braindead running at a target and pulsing fire aoes for 90% of your damage then you lack proper skills. Fixed that for you.

  • Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2020

    @ZDragon.3046 said:

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:

    @ZDragon.3046 said:

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    This change was unnecessary in PvP.

    Being untouchable while being able to deal damage for free with no restrictions for a few seconds against some one who does not have the same ability....... yeah it was an unnecessary change alright...

    Warrior can do that can't they? What about thf and pistol wipe. That's kinda an invuln but with evades, what about Gaurdain blocks that's kinda an invuln as well. I don not see your point. Ele has so little to begin with. Yes sword skills are op, imo any skills that has evade frames is op and shouldn't exist.

    No warrior cannot do it no.
    Lets be clear invunerablity means you cannot have any interactions take place with you from other players no matter what they do.
    No boon strip
    No cc
    No Condition application (means you cant blind / slow/ cripple)
    No condi damage
    No strike damage
    No effects from ward skills like Spectral ring/ Ring of Warding (which will even stop evades)

    You literally cannot be stopped by any means
    If you are going to have this power you should not be able to interact with others either as a result

    Now lets compare that to warrior skills
    Endure Pain Has interaction
    Boon strip still works
    CC still works
    Conditions can still be applied
    Condition damage still works
    No strike damage
    Effects from wards still work

    Defiant stance Your damage does not work but you can still interact with them via cc
    Boon strip still works
    CC still works
    Conditions can still be applied (you can still blind them for example)
    Both power and condition damage do not work
    Effects from wards still work

    Pistol whip is an evade and have you tried shocking aura? Shuts it down like instantly

    Lets be clear here
    invulns are not the same as evades
    invulns are not the same as damage negations that dont stop cc and condition application etc

    Being invulnerable is in a league of its own and should be balanced as such if you cant see this then thats a bit of a problem. One has counter-play the other does not.

    Obsidian flesh offers nothing to a team fight as a burst dps except self survival. And on a 50 second cool down for 3 seconds if u u cant play around that then you lack proper skills your self, and obviously been out played.

    Correction if you need a skill that makes you invuln to everything in the game while braindead running at a target and pulsing fire aoes for 90% of your damage then you lack proper skills. Fixed that for you.

    U didn't fix anything. How can u say shocking aura is a counter to pistol wipe/evade frames. Not every class has it and well only specific builds has and can utilize shocking aura effectivity and well the amount that pistol wipe can be used vs the access to shocking aura is heavily out balanced. Ur like unable to see two sides to a coin.

    If u cant dodge the 3 seconds that class is invuln for ur lacking skill ur self. No argument will change anyone's mind on that

  • Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2020

    Delete......

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I think if they where going to do this they should of just made Obsidian flesh into a barrier generator aoe or with some other effect as ele has lost a usable skill on its wepon bar for a lock out skill something you only see on classes utitiles.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:

    @ZDragon.3046 said:

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:

    @ZDragon.3046 said:

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    This change was unnecessary in PvP.

    Being untouchable while being able to deal damage for free with no restrictions for a few seconds against some one who does not have the same ability....... yeah it was an unnecessary change alright...

    Warrior can do that can't they? What about thf and pistol wipe. That's kinda an invuln but with evades, what about Gaurdain blocks that's kinda an invuln as well. I don not see your point. Ele has so little to begin with. Yes sword skills are op, imo any skills that has evade frames is op and shouldn't exist.

    No warrior cannot do it no.
    Lets be clear invunerablity means you cannot have any interactions take place with you from other players no matter what they do.
    No boon strip
    No cc
    No Condition application (means you cant blind / slow/ cripple)
    No condi damage
    No strike damage
    No effects from ward skills like Spectral ring/ Ring of Warding (which will even stop evades)

    You literally cannot be stopped by any means
    If you are going to have this power you should not be able to interact with others either as a result

    Now lets compare that to warrior skills
    Endure Pain Has interaction
    Boon strip still works
    CC still works
    Conditions can still be applied
    Condition damage still works
    No strike damage
    Effects from wards still work

    Defiant stance Your damage does not work but you can still interact with them via cc
    Boon strip still works
    CC still works
    Conditions can still be applied (you can still blind them for example)
    Both power and condition damage do not work
    Effects from wards still work

    Pistol whip is an evade and have you tried shocking aura? Shuts it down like instantly

    Lets be clear here
    invulns are not the same as evades
    invulns are not the same as damage negations that dont stop cc and condition application etc

    Being invulnerable is in a league of its own and should be balanced as such if you cant see this then thats a bit of a problem. One has counter-play the other does not.

    Obsidian flesh offers nothing to a team fight as a burst dps except self survival. And on a 50 second cool down for 3 seconds if u u cant play around that then you lack proper skills your self, and obviously been out played.

    Correction if you need a skill that makes you invuln to everything in the game while braindead running at a target and pulsing fire aoes for 90% of your damage then you lack proper skills. Fixed that for you.

    U didn't fix anything. How can u say shocking aura is a counter to pistol wipe/evade frames. Not every class has it and well only specific builds has and can utilize shocking aura effectivity and well the amount that pistol wipe can be used vs the access to shocking aura is heavily out balanced. Ur like unable to see two sides to a coin.

    Because the stun effect is applied when a target strikes you. Even if that target is in evade frames. LOL if you dont know this then you are really the one lacking skill here. im not an ele main and even i know this you can literally kill average pw thieves with Lightning rod tempest and just using shocking aura. They will be forever scared to touch you. I dont know when you started playin gw2 but if you dont know that shocking aura procs through evade frames (so long as the person evading hits you) then you dont have enough exp to tell me i have no idea what im talking about. It honestly sounds like you only know weaver and thats it. If you play properly then you can stop or dramatically slow how well a PW thief does against you on ele.

    You are however correct not every class has access to shocking aura and not every other class needs that to beat PW thieves. To be blunt lots of other professions already have the tools to counter it like stability, blocks, etc.

    If u cant dodge the 3 seconds that class is invuln for ur lacking skill ur self. No argument will change anyone's mind on that

    Talk about someone who cant see two sides of a coin here? ^^^
    What about how it looks from the other persons side when they cant do anything to you but run away seems pretty fair i guess form your perspective.
    If you need a skill that makes it so no mechanics in the game can contest you you then you should possibly re evaluate the situation. Sure i can play around the 3 second invuln by just running away but that does not mean its acceptably balanced.

    Ive already listed how other skills on warrior or even other professions dont come close to what invuln does and you had litterally no counter argument and jumped to the topic of PW and shocking aura...... The only other invuln thats as broken as Obsidian flesh is Distortion (which also needs to be looked at). Even renewed focus stops the player from attacking at the very least.
    Im not going to continue this with you btw (its getting slightly petty cause you just keep saying "you have no skill") but if you feel like you are that skilled we can always brawl some time for fun and we can test your theory on if you can outplay me or not. No hard feelings involved.