"Obsidian Flesh: This skill now locks the player's skill bar while invulnerable."

Alyster.9470

Please make this skill a pvp split. There is no point in making this change in pve, condi weaver only had 1 defensive skill to ignore a mechanic or prevent getting 1 shot which also has a 50s CD. Being a squishy class and quite hard to play compared to others makes this change really bad as it was our only emergency button. Why would you ever use a skill that locks all your skills for 4 seconds just to avoid a mechanic or a big hit? I think most condi weavers will agree on this.Thank you.

• Like 1

@toxic.3648 its an ok change but only for pvp/wvw, why should take apply this change to pve, its a weapon skill not a utility. Also guardians invul resets its virtues, elixir S can be used to give invis to 5 people. There is no additional benefit of obsidian flesh other than invul and its not always available as you need to have earth in offhand so thats 2 attunment changes to access the skill when you need it if you are not on earth already. The better change would be something like immune to conditions for 4 seconds or immune to critical hits. I also dont like the idea of invulnerable in pvp but it definitely saved me many times in pve.

@Alyster.9470 said:@toxic.3648 its an ok change but only for pvp/wvw, why should take apply this change to pve, its a weapon skill not a utility. Also guardians invul resets its virtues, elixir S can be used to give invis to 5 people. There is no additional benefit of obsidian flesh other than invul and its not always available as you need to have earth in offhand so thats 2 attunment changes to access the skill when you need it if you are not on earth already. The better change would be something like immune to conditions for 4 seconds or immune to critical hits. I also dont like the idea of invulnerable in pvp but it definitely saved me many times in pve.

tempest and core ele need 1 attunement change to get it, engi cant use stealth while invuln which is my whole point. heck mistform is what it should be like for all. no skills allowed to be used while invuln is what id like to see (except for mirage cloak) i dont care how it works in pve since imo anything goes there.

edit: no disrespect meant, after rereading my post i saw it could come off as offensive'ish :)

@"toxic.3648" its alright I understand what you mean, I have nothing against this change if its only applied to PvP/WvW even tho I play weaver in all game modes. However for pve its quite bad for us, for example I could avoid dying from gorsevals retaliation using this skill "as I cant make condis stop ticking". Being a squishy class and quite hard to play compared to others (condi weaver) I think it deserves to have such a emergency button in PVE.

• Like 1

@toxic.3648 said:this looks great, never understood why invuln and using skills at the same time should be allowed. more of this pls. patch is looking awesome !!

For ele because its a channel class who has much longer cast times then any other class with out the means of making thoughts cast times lower like other classes. That and lowest hp / def in the game (bad anet balancing to start with) there a lot of skill and effects that you can point to that being the reason why you have a lot of place holder skills and skills that simply word diffrent.

Keep in mind war still has powerful blocks and dmg not taken effects but with the highest hp / armor in the game so... your saying a lot of this out of context of the balancing of the game.

@Jski.6180 said:

@toxic.3648 said:this looks great, never understood why invuln and using skills at the same time should be allowed. more of this pls. patch is looking awesome !!

For ele because its a channel class who has much longer cast times then any other class with out the means of making thoughts cast times lower like other classes. That and lowest hp / def in the game (bad anet balancing to start with) there a lot of skill and effects that you can point to that being the reason why you have a lot of place holder skills and skills that simply word diffrent.

Keep in mind war still has powerful blocks and dmg not taken effects but with the highest hp / armor in the game so... your saying a lot of this out of context of the balancing of the game.im saying this as an excited tempest player too mind u. sure i play holo aswell but i love my d/f auramancer just as much and still welcome this change since imo its only fair that invuln is the same for everyone.

its also one of the reasons i despise mirage's ability to dodge while cc'ed since thats the only outlier in the entire game that can do that

• Like 1

@toxic.3648 said:

Keep in mind war still has powerful blocks and dmg not taken effects but with the highest hp / armor in the game so... your saying a lot of this out of context of the balancing of the game.im saying this as an excited tempest player too mind u. sure i play holo aswell but i love my d/f auramancer just as much and still welcome this change since imo its only fair that invuln is the same for everyone.

its also one of the reasons i despise mirage's ability to dodge while cc'ed since thats the only outlier in the entire game that can do that

So during gurds Renewed Focus they can use 0 cast time skills or non channel skills with the added effect of getting cd back yet this is not getting an update. You can still swap atument during the lock out times on ele as it seems they cant program the game to work that way even with lock outs. What it comes down to is that there is now a skill you cant stop on the ele wepon that locks it from playing the game. Most classes have some effects during an invuln or they can brake them when needed. If they went with obsidian flesh now dose something during the invuln making it a channel effect it would fit the ele class more but it sounds like its another mist form that for the most part cause players more harm then good because of the lock out effect.

Core mez still has distortion and evasion skills as well as blocks that lets it do other things or are so short lasting with low cd that it can be part of moment to moment combat something you cant say for longer lock out duration invuln.

It simply makes the game less fun and show a real lack of imagination on anet end.

• Like 1

@Jski.6180i dont think u get my point. all invulns imo should be like mist form . u are effing invulnerable, u shouldnt be allowed to do anything besides enduring the dmg and run away. sure it may give less flavor to the game but U ARE FCKING INVULNERABLE.that guard can use f skills while he is invulns is a failure too in my eyes, mes distortion too. warrior and ranger invulns too for that matter (if they wasnt changed in patch, but so far i havent read it all)

mind u this is purely from pvp perspective of the game. it can be free for all bonanza in pve for all i care, balance matters less there anyway :)

@toxic.3648 said:@Jski.6180i dont think u get my point. all invulns imo should be like mist form . u are effing invulnerable, u shouldnt be allowed to do anything besides enduring the dmg and run away. sure it may give less flavor to the game but U ARE FCKING INVULNERABLE.that guard can use f skills while he is invulns is a failure too in my eyes, mes distortion too. warrior and ranger invulns too for that matter (if they wasnt changed in patch, but so far i havent read it all)

mind u this is purely from pvp perspective of the game. it can be free for all bonanza in pve for all i care, balance matters less there anyway :)

But they are not that what you seem to not understand only mist form is like mist form well soon obsidian flesh. Most invulns are something you can stop mid way only mist form is a lock and its not a good way to balance a skill. If any thing they should let you stop mist form mid way if you want. I do not see how making more things lock you out of game play helps the game.

@Jski.6180 said:But they are not that what you seem to not understand only mist form is like mist form well soon obsidian flesh. Most invulns are something you can stop mid way only mist form is a lock and its not a good way to balance a skill. If any thing they should let you stop mist form mid way if you want. I do not see how making more things lock you out of game play helps the game.

elixir S on engineer is exactly like mist form too, u cant escape midthrough. and as ive said numerous times now i feel like every invulnerbility should be like mistform/ elixir S . its not only obsidian flesh im singling out here. i want even playing field for all invuln skillsi highly dislike gameplay were u do damage while being invulnerable or evading. rev iframe spam / mirage / war, ranger to some extent since those abilities gives u less counterplay to an attack u see comming = u cant counterpressure when they pressure you.

this argument is more of opposite mindsets of what we want the game to be than the technical knowhow of the game

@toxic.3648 said:

@Jski.6180 said:But they are not that what you seem to not understand only mist form is like mist form well soon obsidian flesh. Most invulns are something you can stop mid way only mist form is a lock and its not a good way to balance a skill. If any thing they should let you stop mist form mid way if you want. I do not see how making more things lock you out of game play helps the game.

elixir S on engineer is exactly like mist form too, u cant escape midthrough. and as ive said numerous times now i feel like
every invulnerbility
should be like mistform/ elixir S . its not only obsidian flesh im singling out here. i want even playing field for all invuln skillsi highly dislike gameplay were u do damage while being invulnerable or evading. rev iframe spam / mirage / war, ranger to some extent since those abilities gives u less counterplay to an attack u see comming = u cant counterpressure when they pressure you.

this argument is more of opposite mindsets of what we want the game to be than the technical knowhow of the game

I though they changed both version i guess not Elixir S is not good for the game as is too. There more invulnerability in the game then the 2 i am all for making Renewed Focus into something you cant stop mid way but that would be un-fun and effectually nerf the skill. Its not good to the game to lock ppl out of skills for so long. Mist form elixir s and obsidian flesh now should be something you can stop when you want and not be a lock out for its full duration. Its not like anet has made it so your locked out of your skill during invuln of your roll as that what going on during it not a true dodge but an i frame yet you can use your skills and effects during the roll if they have 0 cast time. That why ele had obsidian flesh work the way it dose because of the high up time of the effect and the channel way of casting as a class.

I am all for disable all effect during all i frames in the game but it will make the game less fun. Right now your view is letting some invulnerability be ok and others not making the argument a bit 2 faces. To say obsidian flesh update is just fine as is and given your reason of game play and counter game play is simply forgetting that there a lot of other invuln effects such as dodging that dose not lock out of many skills and effects and there room to control the timing on some level.

@Jski.6180 said:

elixir S on engineer is exactly like mist form too, u cant escape midthrough. and as ive said numerous times now i feel like
every invulnerbility
should be like mistform/ elixir S . its not only obsidian flesh im singling out here. i want even playing field for all invuln skillsi highly dislike gameplay were u do damage while being invulnerable or evading. rev iframe spam / mirage / war, ranger to some extent since those abilities gives u less counterplay to an attack u see comming = u cant counterpressure when they pressure you.

I though they changed both version i guess not Elixir S is not good for the game as is too. There more invulnerability in the game then the 2 i am all for making Renewed Focus into something you cant stop mid way but that would be un-fun and effectually nerf the skill. Its not good to the game to lock ppl out of skills for so long. Mist form elixir s and obsidian flesh now should be something you can stop when you want and not be a lock out for its full duration. Its not like anet has made it so your locked out of your skill during invuln of your roll as that what going on during it not a true dodge but an i frame yet you can use your skills and effects during the roll if they have 0 cast time. That why ele had obsidian flesh work the way it dose because of the high up time of the effect and the channel way of casting as a class.

I am all for disable all effect during all i frames in the game but it will make the game less fun. Right now your view is letting some invulnerability be ok and others not making the argument a bit 2 faces. To say obsidian flesh update is just fine as is and given your reason of game play and counter game play is simply forgetting that there a lot of other invuln effects such as dodging that dose not lock out of many skills and effects and there room to control the timing on some level.

the only invuln i see as okay is mirage cloak since thats a class mechanic, ambush skills etc. anything else that grants invulnerbility should be like mistform or elixir S. thats my only point on invuln as a whole.iframes + evade's while attacking and dodging is not invulnerbility . the first 2 i would like to see a steep decrease in but dodgeroll as a whole is a great mechanic (mind u u cant use skills while dodging either)

edit: another thing i want to point out is that ive never seen a guard cancelling his invuln before it ran out. if u can go invulnerable wouldnt u want more time to be invuln instead ? only reason i can see u would want to cancel it is because the enemy know the timing for when u leave invuln state and thus u can cancel it early to throw off his timing. other than that i see no reason to leave invuln early. but thats just my 2 cents