Strange Kodan

Okay, this is driving me nuts.There are three places you're supposed to be able to see an NPC called Strange Kodan: Kodan Shipwreck, Kodan's Leap and Whisperwind Grotto. Seen him at Whisperwind Grotto, and got the Shadows Creep achieve there.But never seen anything at Kodan's Leap - and at Kodan Shipwreck at night, I can see the hammer and chisel moving and carving on the wall, but no Strange Kodan holding them, and no Curious Carving or Kodan to interact with to get the dialogue.Aside from going there at night, are there any other prerequisites for seeing the Strange Kodan at Kodan Shipwreck?

I'm not sure what made him appear for me at the shipwreck. I finished some event nearby, and then I left and kind of went through the ship when I noticed him there. There's also a creepy circle of kodan that I came across somewhere, too. They're all sitting around a "Precious Book," and they keep saying things to encourage you to read the book.

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:I'm not sure what made him appear for me at the shipwreck. I finished some event nearby, and then I left and kind of went through the ship when I noticed him there. There's also a creepy circle of kodan that I came across somewhere, too. They're all sitting around a "Precious Book," and they keep saying things to encourage you to read the book.

Did you read it?

@Gryphon.2875 said:

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:I'm not sure what made him appear for me at the shipwreck. I finished some event nearby, and then I left and kind of went through the ship when I noticed him there. There's also a creepy circle of kodan that I came across somewhere, too. They're all sitting around a "Precious Book," and they keep saying things to encourage you to read the book.

Did you read it?

Oh, you know I did. I mean, spooky bear-men telling me to read a spooky book? Of course I'm gonna listen. And then all the Kodan disappeared.

I tped to the new waypoint once only to have the sound go full horror game and slowly get lowder.

Had the Jormag whisper effect on my screen and when I looked around everyone was dead. I barely noticed that part at first because the sudden horror game boss music freaked me out lol. It was kinda awesome though. It gave the achievement once it ended too.

I haven’t run into the wall Kodan or the book yet though. I did see the whispering grotto circle with the statue, pretty sad event really.The Kodan shipwreck appearance is by the trees facing the camp. It appears like the ghosts on east side and then will disappear when you get close. I think it’s just rng like last episode.

It's so interesting what you all said. I wish I could see that strange book ceremony and the village blackout. I only met the strange kodan carving under the kodan shipwreck.

He said to me "here, it's done" I go checked the carving it said: "I waited that <> turns its back then I tore down its throat". I was in first person, and so got a little shiver waiting for him to kill me. I'm disapointed that he hasn't done it.

I have no idea what the trigger is apart it's during night. I kinda want to see those horror thingies but have no proof what to do, do they occurs only when Drakkar meta is up? After an event? Even in East-Bjora I haven't spotted a lot of things: only boneskinner ambushes.

You hear a yell from a vigil soldier who ask to save it/light fire and then boneskinner appear like jumpscare and spawn abberants. One time it was obviously a burried corpse and the boneskinner came out of that burrial place (emerging from ground).

Ok I think I may have found some prequisites on seeing the Strange Kodan, so far I know the following:

• It has to be night (after drakkar meta)
  • I think a prequisite is having completed the 3x mystery of drakkar lair, hidden tower, labyrinth and raven gate ruins
  • A prequisite may be having completed story
  • Koda be praised may be a prequisite

I have been trying to get the achievement for days and it only appeared now when I finished the mysteries I named and I did a nearby fishing event and corrupted shard event.

I had mentored up and yelled in map chat that strange kodan was at me but nobody else could see it (they could buff the kodan but didnt see it nor couldnt interfere with it) which means only 1 can see it at a time.

I had hoped I could have helped all those ppl that came :anguished:

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Ok I think I may have found some prequisites on seeing the Strange Kodan, so far I know the following:

• It has to be night (after drakkar meta)
  • I think a prequisite is having completed the 3x mystery of drakkar lair, hidden tower, labyrinth and raven gate ruins
  • A prequisite may be having completed story
  • Koda be praised may be a prequisite

I have been trying to get the achievement for days and it only appeared now when I finished the mysteries I named and I did a nearby fishing event and corrupted shard event.

I had mentored up and yelled in map chat that strange kodan was at me but nobody else could see it (they could buff the kodan but didnt see it nor couldnt interfere with it) which means only 1 can see it at a time.

I had hoped I could have helped all those ppl that came :anguished:

Havent finished of the mysteries fully, so its not that. I saw it today too.

I think its just random. The one with the group of kodan and the book(which gave me the achievement) took awhile to spawn. Im guessing they maybe are on a cycle?

Have been checking for days at same time so that can't really be it I guess else I should have seen it earlier so there must have been prequisites and the only thing i did in between was what i wrote down. I saw the kodan under the ship with writings on the wall. The writings didn't disappear when the kodan left for me.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:Have been checking for days at same time so that can't really be it I guess else I should have seen it earlier so there must have been prequisites and the only thing i did in between was what i wrote down. I saw the kodan under the ship with writings on the wall. The writings didn't disappear when the kodan left for me.

Yea im not sure, ive only done four achievements in the last few days and none of them where ones you listed. i did finish the kodan fishing achievement prior to noticing him however.

Dunno about the requirements, got those creepy happenings before completing story or doing light puzzles. (Already saw carving in ice, kodan praise jormag totem, a kodan screaming before dying and the village vision of death. Haven't noticed yet the precious book or the suicide from the cliff.

May be random but got all of them between 0 and 3 AM Tyria Time, each time the music slowed down and became disturbing.