No More Only Meta - Fractals for everyone

Rembar.7298

Hello there,

I decided to start a LFG guild for Fractals for everyone who wants to clear daily T4 + CM's Fractals without needing to find a group with teh same composition or having to play the same meta classes.

This guild will allow you to find experienced people on T4 Fractals and CM's without having to force yourself to play a meta build/class to get a group.

There's still people that thinks that the meta is the only way to clear CM's, or people who plays what thet don't really want to get in groups for that. The idea of this guild is to work as a LFG guild for all that people that wants to play the builds that they want.

Everyone can join to the guild, even people who plays meta classes/builds. The main rule is that you can't look for an specific meta composition on that guild.

Once you join to the guild, you will have to do a Trial run to assign you a rank based in your experience, since it's a guild for experienced people in Fractals.

The trial consists in a T4 + CM's Fractal run. If you're not capable to do the CM's, we will change it to just T4 Dailies run. Also, there will be a few questions about your build: What's your build, why are you using it and what can you bring to the group.

I also made a Discord server for that, so there you have the link: https://discord.gg/2BdM25F

That's all.

If you're interested on joining, you can join to the Discord server and ask for an invite. You can also send me a message or whisper in game: Rembar.7298

Could you elaborate a bit? I'm lost. My meta dps build relies heavily on group support. It requires boons, healing and CC supplied by someone else. What do you suppose would happen if 5 players like me teamed up for a t4+cm daily clear? Because, you know, you can't look for supports.

@Feanor.2358 said:Could you elaborate a bit? I'm lost. My meta dps build relies heavily on group support. It requires boons, healing and CC supplied by someone else. What do you suppose would happen if 5 players like me teamed up for a t4+cm daily clear? Because, you know, you can't look for supports.Don’t be like that, they’ll find an off-meta firebrand and renegade to party with you xD.

I hated playing the build that I assume you’re speaking of... that’s why I now have a condi Weaver. I’m totally fit for this guild :smile:.

@Feanor.2358 said:Could you elaborate a bit? I'm lost. My meta dps build relies heavily on group support. It requires boons, healing and CC supplied by someone else. What do you suppose would happen if 5 players like me teamed up for a t4+cm daily clear? Because, you know, you can't look for supports.

You would look for roles in your group.

Example:

I'm a Power DPS and I'm looking for 1 Support, 1 Healer and 2 Condi DPS.

I mean, you are not supposed to play with random people. You can look for specific roles to cover between these roles, but not looking exactly for 1 Chrono, 1 Druid, 1 Warrior and 2 Weavers, for example.

You want a player that plays a Support build, giving boons to the group? Look for a Support.You want a player that plays a Healing build, keeping up your HP at 90%+ and giving boons? Look for a Healer.You want a player that plays a Power or Condi DPS build, bringing a good damage for the group DPS? Look for a Power DPS or Condi DPS.

I mean, you may want to go with other characters with builds that can support you enough to increase your damage.

Example of composition:

1 Healing Renegade, giving a lot of boons, healing, and doing some CC:1 Firebrand Support, giving more boons, a bit of healing, some CC, some dmg...1 Power Reaper, bringing a good power DPS, a good CC, and maybe a bit of healing too.1 Condi Weaver, bringing a good condi DPS, helping on might and fury stacking.1 Power Herald, bringing a good power DPS, a good CC and helping a bit with boons uptime.

It's just a fast example on what could it be. Playing thinks that are not meta doesn't mean that you're playing with a full DPS party, or full healer party.`It's just that if you don't want to play the same Staff Power Weaver, you can play with a group that accept you as a Power Sagger/Warhorn Tempest, for example.

@Noodle Ant.1605 said:I hated playing the build that I assume you’re speaking of... that’s why I now have a condi Weaver. I’m totally fit for this guild :smile:.

You can join if you want, then :)

I don't want to sound harsh but this guild doesn't offer any improvement towards the lfg for experienced players that want to have a smooth daily run. On the contrary the lfg will be faster for them due to reaching a bigger player pool.There's no doubt that your guild will be a help for completely newer players or non-meta people but there's a reason why people prefer a druid (or even 3 dps + war + chrono) over a heal renegade or a support firebrand. Or power weavers/deadeyes vs. power heralds, power reapers or condi weavers.

@Rembar.7298 said:There's still people that thinks that the meta is the only way to clear CM's.

I'm not sure, no, I really doubt it. People know that content can be done in different variations but if you are running cms without a composition that is at least very close to meta your group will have a hard time unless it's not an experienced static that knows each other (especially the weak points/players etc.)

I like the idea. I don't think it'll work or be very effective, but I like the fact that someone actually tries something besides moaning on the forums and blaming others. As mentioned it would be most useful for newer players or for people to find others to game with (always good for a MMO).

If the amount of guild members gets big enough you might even get enough people for raids together.

My only recommendation: advertise in game for a while. I doubt many forum users here will be the target for your guild. Most are in 1 of 3 camps:

• the camp which support meta play and will do what it takes to clear T4 effectively
  • the ones who are competent enough to do daily T4 and CMs how ever they want
  • the ones who like to complain about other players

Good Luck.

@Cyninja.2954 said:I like the idea. I don't think it'll work or be very effective, but I like the fact that someone actually tries something besides moaning on the forums and blaming others. As mentioned it would be most useful for newer players or for people to find others to game with (always good for a MMO).

If the amount of guild members gets big enough you might even get enough people for raids together.

My only recommendation: advertise in game for a while. I doubt many forum users here will be the target for your guild. Most are in 1 of 3 camps:

• the camp which support meta play and will do what it takes to clear T4 effectively
  • the ones who are competent enough to do daily T4 and CMs how ever they want
  • the ones who like to complain about other players

Good Luck.

Yeah, I planned to do it for Raids too if it's works and gets a good amount of players for Fractals, but for Raids will be harder.

Thanks for your recommendation, I'll take care of it ^^

@Vinceman.4572 said:I'm not sure, no, I really doubt it. People know that content can be done in different variations but if you are running cms without a composition that is at least very close to meta your group will have a hard time unless it's not an experienced static that knows each other (especially the weak points/players etc.)

Well, it's all about how experienced is every player of the group.If everyone knows what to do and do their job well done, everything will be fine. It's not that hard to clear the CM's.

I don't have high-level experience in fractals so I'm not a fit for this, but I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for organizing something like this. I'm one of those people that would rather have fun with a build I enjoy than be pigeonholed into a build I don't, so I stay in lower-tier fractals to avoid some of the meta elitism that crops up at higher tiers. I wholeheartedly support the sentiment behind this, and wish you all the best.

• 3 weeks later...

@Rembar.7298 said:Once you join to the guild, you will have to do a Trial run to assign you a rank based in your experience, since it's a guild for experienced people in Fractals.

Seems odd asking for experienced people when the people that don't play meta likely have spent more time trying to find groups that don't instantly kick them than actually in fractals...

Trying to help with a problemDoesn't actually fix the problem

• 1 year later...